steeljake
12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
and why are his songs on rocksmith?

Shoothim_Now
12-08-2011, 10:02 PM
He is one of the game developers who made the game

farrgough
12-08-2011, 10:02 PM
He is one of the "note trackers" for Rocksmith, and he has two songs included as bonus songs. I actually like his instrumental, 'Jules'.

SeattleSauve
12-08-2011, 11:36 PM
To be fair they are bonus songs, not on the default setlist.

These are actually not easy songs to fully level, so there's some good challenge there.

Star Spangled Banner is one of the harder arrangements to master fully we have out there right now.

Toretto186
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
yeah i like the song jules

toymachinesh
12-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by steeljake:
and why are his garbage songs on rocksmith?

why are you so irate sir?

TonyFarkas
12-09-2011, 03:48 AM
I kinda like the Jules song.

I would be more inclined to ask
why is Sigur Ros - Gobbledi**** in this game?

Twister65
12-09-2011, 07:06 AM
I like Jules as well, although after seeing a full chart I doubt I'll ever be able to play it all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SiliconSicilian
12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TonyFarkas:

I am so with you on this.

I can't wait to get Rocksmith so that I can unlock Jules, actually. It is a bonus...why the hate from OP?

PS...I do not know how to play guitar apart from a few chords so I know that I won't be unlocking it for a while.

steeljake
12-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by TonyFarkas:

this too, that song is garbage. seth's music is lame and him recording a version of the star spangled banner is pretentious at best. jimi hendrix, who i actually dont like, did the only version that should ever be played on electric guitar.

SeattleSauve
12-09-2011, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TonyFarkas:

this too, that song is garbage. seth's music is lame and him recording a version of the star spangled banner is pretentious at best. jimi hendrix, who i actually dont like, did the only version that should ever be played on electric guitar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're not my favorite songs on disc, but they are bonus, so I'm not as worried about it. I think they add some challenge to the game since those songs all have really difficult charts to level.

On a side note: steeljake, put in yer scores! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ZumaRocks
12-10-2011, 07:27 AM
and why are his garbage songs on rocksmith?

Just to **** you off, apparently.

crispyfunk
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I thought that this Seth guy is a bad *** cus how many people do you know have their own song in a hella kewl videogame like this BTW i still have not unlocked this song and im totally bumed about it what the heck does a old guy gotta do to get a double encore >< <--thats my mad face,and a lil sad too.I cant wait to unlock this song it looks like its going to be a hard song to learn .

ZumaRocks
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I would not be surprised to find out that it is Seth Chapla (or one of the other note trackers) who plays the intro song that everyone asks about.

LexMan82
01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Five minutes on google and I have learnt that Seth Chapla is:

Seth Chapla is an instrumental rock guitarist based out of Oakland, Ca. With musical influences ranging from the Meters, to Jeff Beck to Joe Satriani, The Seth Chapla Band is quickly taking the instrumental rock scene by storm. Notable performances include SF bay area venues Slim's, and The Great American Music Hall, and Seth has been featured as a national anthem performer for the San Francisco Giants, and The San Jose Earthquakes. In addition, the song "Jules" off Seth's new release "Ascent", is featured in the video game "Rocksmith".

You can buy his album off of CD baby and he has a sort of website thing here:

http://sethchapla.squarespace.com/

Also I really like Sigur Ros you don't have to play the song if you don't want to you can change it in the event management bit or what ever it's called. I don't actually think there is a bad song in the boxed copy.

toymachinesh
01-13-2013, 11:05 PM
What caused you to revive this thread?

rcole_sooner
01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
There has been a rash of thread resurections recently. Seems like a buncha folks new to forums have joined us.

Take the good with the bad, I guess.

LexMan82
01-13-2013, 11:58 PM
I was trying to find out who Seth Chapla was and found the thread on Google and felt compelled to reply.

Tattoobc
01-14-2013, 04:01 AM
I can only hit about 39,000 points so far on Jules but I really dig playing it. it has feeling to it.

RavageX
01-14-2013, 05:26 AM
Mr. Jake has strong opinions regarding this musician that I do not agree with.

Personally I'd love to see more songs that he's done in RS.

TheJohnNewton
01-14-2013, 05:37 AM
I think Seth is at Bandfuse now. He has a couple albums on Rhapsody if you're interested in hearing more from him.

sh1kamaru-
01-14-2013, 07:52 AM
There has been a rash of thread resurections recently. Seems like a buncha folks new to forums have joined us.

Take the good with the bad, I guess.

Well, Iíd rather see old threads resurected than new threads about the same subject being opened, itís a good practice IMHO. Since the game has been launched in last september in Europe, many people including me may have gotten the game for christmas, so while this is old story for you Canadians or Americans this is still pretty new for us, save for those who imported the us version of the game :)

on to the subject, I love Jules as well, but I canít bear the star-spangled banner, I probably wouldnít like my national hymn with that particular arrangement as well, but all in all I think bonus songs are quite good imho, if you compare it to other games (Trogdor is in my mind, I find it funny, but itís exactly what it is, a joke song :) and Iím not even talking about VisionsÖ)

smedford
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I didnt like Jules when I first got the game. This thread made me go back and play it again and it turns out it is a lot of fun. Thank you zombie thread!

steeljake
01-15-2013, 12:51 AM
if you could tell the game not to put songs in your encores i wouldn't be so pissed... but to be forced to play his junk is just wrong.

KILLTRON_9000
01-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Seth > Jenny O

Deviate3s
01-15-2013, 01:02 AM
Seth > Jenny O

Could not agree more with you, sir.

Selurevad
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Seth > Jenny O > Gobble/Bodysnatchers/Rebel Rebel

Don't might Radio Head - but sure hate that song.

And the Bowie song is SO repetitive. If I could delete 3 songs it would be those 3, I'd keep Jenny O though, guitar and bass on its a little fun even if the tune makes my ears bleed. :)

steeljake
01-15-2013, 10:08 PM
bodysnatchers is DLC... so feel free to delete away...

DSgamer64
01-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Jules is a cool tune, but the other bonus tracks are lousy and uninspiring. I mean really, Boss just ends out of nowhere, same with one of the other songs, and there seems to be no theme, just play a bunch of boring riffs and a less then impressive guitar solos. At least Jules has a nice melody to it.

Ezios_Axe
01-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Jules, Star Spangled Banner and Carol of the Bells FTW. Really good tunes there. I really don't get hating on Seth. He's posted on here before and seems like a decent guy too. Even if you don't like his music there is plenty of technique to learn and practice. I play all kinds of songs on RS I don't like because they make me better.

DSgamer64
01-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Seth > Jenny O

I will agree with that. I'd say out of the default setlist, there are only a few songs that I really hate playing just because they are bad tunes themselves, it's not the game's fault. Angela is certainly on that list due to it's repetitiveness, I can play the song on Master Mode with my picking hand tied behind my back and blind folded. I would love to delete Islands by The XX.

C.Linton
01-17-2013, 03:39 AM
Bringibg back old threads is OK unless they're obvious troll threads like this one.

rcole_sooner
01-17-2013, 05:21 AM
I am at least moving this to Rock On.

I was hoping it would just go back to sleep.

captin_qwark7
01-17-2013, 06:01 AM
When you type 'Seth Chapla' into Google, the first thing that comes up is: Who the F is Seth Chapla? LOL! :D
Personally I really like his music, except maybe for Star Spangled Banner. But thats probably I have a grudge against it as I spent god knows how long trying to unlock it as my last encore song before I realised that I was on bass. There is no bass. -_-

Snake3169
01-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Oh someone is butthurt...

rcole_sooner
01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
I think this has gone on long enough.