PDA

View Full Version : Please accept my apology for " GWX2.0 FIX this"

SNAKE1937
01-21-2008, 09:46 AM
I was "very frustrated" with the massive number of "ghost" ships and convoys and lashed in a childish manner. Stupid of me!

The over all package of "visuals and tools" with in GWX2.0 are wonderfull. Clean clear water and great looking ships make it a joy to view as the game is played.

I have no clue as to why the patrols which caused me to shelf this game were a random chance thing or within the UBI "poorly done origional code"!! This last patrol was a case of eight of the first twelve ships were GHOST SHIPS. By that I mean they were sighted or came as a message sighting, intercepted, stalked, and hit with torpedos( most from 400 to 700m), the sunk and were seen from the deck or through the periscope and heard as they loudly sunk.
NO CREDIT WAS EARNED ON THESE 8 SHIPS!!!!

In real time this took several hours to "reload" and see if I did something wrong and then give up and move on in the game. The final "rip" was sighting a Southhampton with two Auxilary Cruisers in a line going at about 25kts. All were hit and went down making lots of noise all while being seen on the sonor readout.
NOTHING!!! The credit was not given.

The Game is shelved as of now.

Has anybody ever addressed this ISSUE??????

It seemed there were fewer issues like this in SH3 & 1.4, like when I got my 251,078 ton patrol completed last fall.

Again, to those who worked so hard on GWX2.0, please accept please accept my apology.

Thanks for replies to come.

SNAKE1937

tuddley3
01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
You don't have to shelve the game. How about try WAC 2.15 ? I prefer WAC over GWX anyways. And soon, WAC 3.0 will be released. WAC also plays more like stock, but with most the eyecandy as GWX, and it won't take half your arsenal to sink a single ship. I rarely encounter a sinking and not get credit for it.

If you are interested, I have it available at FileFront. Make sure to download WAC 2.0 also, you need to install it first, then put WAC 2.15 on top of it. Actually, just download everything in the WAC directory, including the WAC Full Sounds(Das Boot Crew Voices).

Any problems, just PM me.

I have the link below my sig, my FileFront Page or Danurve's WAC Tribute Page.

joeap
01-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Well Snake, I read your post, I can't be sure but you sure it's not a stock problem??

Look at this thread:

Rough Weather and Credits (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129338)

As my fellow Grey Wolves said, the last thing that pushes a ship to the sunk state in the game (no matter how long it takes to actually sink) is what is counted, be it the Luftwaffe or the waves.

Kaleun1961
01-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Something else that you may have overlooked: Are you making changes to your boat before taking it out on its first patrol with a new career? I've read that making changes to your sub before the first patrol of a new career can cause sinkings not to appear in your log. Start up a "throw away" career, make a quick patrol with no changes before hand and see what happens.

Jochen_Mohr
01-21-2008, 03:30 PM
be glad you didnt had REAL ghost ships http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

i sank a few ships wich were sunk again a day later, just waste of torpedos methinks, never got credit for them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

(happens mostly with tankers)

SNAKE1937
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Kaleun1961

Thanks--- I,ll go out of port as is. No improved crew or anything.

THANKS for a "HELPFULL" reply.

SNAKE1937

Kaleun1961
01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Let us know how it works for you. I'm really hoping that is the problem and that you will report back that all is well again. I can understand your meltdown, but you were honest enough to retract your words. I've had to do that once or twice, so I know how you feel.

hueywolf123
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
K61, Snake, yes this was a documented bug at about the time the 1.4 patch was first released.
Basically, if you added anything to your boat at all before your first patrol, odd things would happen, watch officer would hit the JC pose, the moon would get huge, ships would disappear in front of you, and - you missed credit on hits.

As a last ditch effort, uninstall, remove all drivers etc. Reinstall, patch, install GWX, then start again.

Good luck Snake, hope it works http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

J5_Lehmann
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by hueywolf123:
K61, Snake, yes this was a documented bug at about the time the 1.4 patch was first released.
Basically, if you added anything to your boat at all before your first patrol, odd things would happen, watch officer would hit the JC pose, the moon would get huge, ships would disappear in front of you, and - you missed credit on hits.

As a last ditch effort, uninstall, remove all drivers etc. Reinstall, patch, install GWX, then start again.

Good luck Snake, hope it works http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Exactly.

Guys, the matter of upgrading your boat before a patrol causing failures of renown/tonnage to be credited is indeed a long-standing stock bug and it will affect ALL mods... not just GWX, but War Ace, NYGM etc.

Snake, did you read the GWX manual?

SH3 has quite a few quirks. The quirk discussed on this thread is also discussed in the GWX manual that our installer places on your desktop.

I wish I could spend more time in this forum, but with the evolution of such a large Grey Wolves userbase, we had to choose a location for information centralization. (The GWX installer also places a link to Subsim.com on your desktop for that reason.) Users can generally get helpful answers much more rapidly there, than here.

We are quite happy to help people with problems and have an entire user support machine available there. As long as you bring a little patience and don't walk in shooting... we'll get you sorted.

Take a deep breath man. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

We have no intention of leaving anyone swinging in the breeze when a distress flare is sent up.

To all those who have attempted to help Snake with GWX, thanks guys. Good stuff.