PDA

View Full Version : Special Effects for BoB

Choctaw111
05-24-2005, 05:47 PM
What will we see as far as blowing things up? What I mean is that right now what we have is when you blow something up it instantly flattens or falls down. When you blow up a brigde it should fall into the water. What we have now is the bridge or building instantly collapsing. Does anyone know if Oleg is giving this aspect of BoB a lot of attention. Also will we have a fully destuctible environment in BoB. It would be neat to see trees and other static ground objects react to being hit with bullets or even a crashing AC!!! I know that a lot of the ground objects now can be shot and destroyed but the trees need to be destuctible also...

Mysticpuma2003
05-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Ask for this in the sticky at top of the page...you know it makes sense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fuser59
05-26-2005, 06:30 PM
S~Choctaw111

If you dont mind, I would also like to drop my 2 cents worth here concerning DP's and DM's.

Some of the aircraft within the simulation will "Explode" as soon as they "touch" any surface while attempting a wheels up landing.

What I propose would be to finish the DP's and DM's of the aircraft we currently fly to include the possibility of crash landing without simply exploding on wheels up gentle landing on areas where you should simply slide over the terrain to an eventual stop.

Most acft within the sim allready allow for this to be done (Thanks Oleg!).

I am also a STRONG advocate of the total ditching scenerio's where you are able to go through the ditching with the pilot staying "In Cockpit View" as an option, and watching as the water comes up over the windscreen, while you frantically open the cannopy to escape.

I remember at one point during the development of the sim, you could actually sink with the aircraft untill it imploded or exploded after being totally submerged! That was really a cool effect (even tho the visible effect's below the water's surface were not really programmed for viewing. It was far better then, then we have now with the pilots view from within cockpit simply reverting to external view upon contact with the waterhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I hope this will be addressed with the patch 4.0, but untill enough people ask for it, I doubt it will happen.

darkhorizon11
05-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree its weak but such an upgrade would really hit the frame rate. In first person shooter scripted cut scenes this is somewhat acceptable but in a flight sim it become unplayable. Imagine a massive B-17 strike on Berlin? with detailed explosion ballistics? Even the most powerful systems would slow to a crawl. FB is basically a suped up version of the original IL2 1.0. The original engine was never designed to handle this level of phsyics and graphics so neither is FB.

Thats why theres been no attempt to fix this. Our best hope for this would be battle of britain my friend. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif