PDA

View Full Version : Patchs

Jacquel1985
11-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, like I said earlier Im new to SH3 and I need to install the patch. I have the 1.4b but it says it can't find the right version. Im assuming this means I need the older patchs... but I cant find them anywhere on the site. Can someone steer me in the right direction
Thanks

ajoleary
11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
You have to download the previous versions. The file names should give away the requirments. Ie. 1.2-1.3, 1.3-1.4b etc.

You also need to check which version of the game you have. US or European. Likewise, you also need to make sure you select wether you have the DVD edition or the Downloadable version.

All in all, there are 4 patch versions available.

Chrystine
11-23-2005, 11:08 PM

You only need to install the 1.4b Patch, as all the Official Patches are cumulative and include all the previous as-well.

€œ..but it says it can't find the right version.€

What says it can€t the right version of which? Where? Exactly what message are you seeing?

As Ajoleary says €" €œYou also need to check which version of the game you have. US or European. Likewise, you also need to make sure you select wether you have the DVD edition or the Downloadable version.€

That€s critically important€¦

Best, BOL & good hunting!
~ C.

Blue_Ninja63
11-24-2005, 08:34 AM
If you have an original copy of SH3 then you need to install gameshadow it's on the cd...this will help you update your games with no hassle at all and is very easy to use

Rugbyfan1972
11-24-2005, 09:04 AM
To update SH3 to any version you must download the correct patch version, of which there are 4
1 EMEA DVD
2 EMEA Download
3 US DVD
4 US Download

EMEA = Europe, Middle East and Asia
US = United States of America

Thus depending on where and how you purchased the game (did in come in a box or did you download it) depends on which patch version you download.

I hope this helps.

Jose.MaC
11-24-2005, 09:08 AM
If you find trouble updating the game, install gameshadow. Otherwise, do as Bruna von Bulow says. Methinks only a small percentage do have Gameshadow installed.

Jacquel1985
11-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey guys thanks for the help, I got it up and working now. That gameshawdow tool is great. Thanks again