PDA

View Full Version : How is it?

Gantoo
11-03-2004, 04:53 AM
It is just my luck that I get laid off right when Pacific Fighters comes out.

Just wanted to know if anybody wanted to share there general thoughts to somebody who is a fan of Il2, but has not seen Pacific fighters yet?

Gantoo
11-03-2004, 04:53 AM
It is just my luck that I get laid off right when Pacific Fighters comes out.

Just wanted to know if anybody wanted to share there general thoughts to somebody who is a fan of Il2, but has not seen Pacific fighters yet?

Chuck_Older
11-03-2004, 06:49 AM
It depends.

Why do you like Il2? A lot of folks who 'think' they will like PF are very disappointed because they got surprised that a sim is going to recreate boredom at times, like an hour long flight to the target.

There's time compression and time skip in PF which helps a lot.

I love PF. there's a lot of new toys to play with in the FMB, the new planes are fun, the new campaigns are a breath of fresh air, and some little things have been improved.

On the bad side, yes it can benefit from an update, and soon. Some things got rushed.

I was layed off on Jan 3rd, 2003 and didn't find work until September 9th, 2003. In between I was deathly ill and needed two emergency operations. I know how much it sucks to be layed off!

hang in there

Jumoschwanz
11-03-2004, 09:59 AM
I did not buy Pacific Fighters because I wanted to fly in the Pacific theatre. For me it is more just another big patch for the sim. I would rather fly the European theatre in a 109 as always, and this big patch adds planes that can be used there as well as having many good graphical and FM tweaks. Since late 2001 I have probably spent $120 on the original Il2,FB,AEP and now PF. This is cheap fun per hour played, Even if you count the computer upgrades to make it run smoothly. When I was younger I spent many times this drinking in bars, driving fast cars, and chasing women(the rest was wasted), and have nothing to show for it except for scars on my body, brain and heart.

This is a great sim. It is a labor of love. I would recommend getting into it grabbing every patch and upgrade you can in this "golden age of IL2". S!

Jumoschwanz

JG52Uther
11-03-2004, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
I did not buy Pacific Fighters because I wanted to fly in the Pacific theatre. For me it is more just another big patch for the sim. I would rather fly the European theatre in a 109 as always, and this big patch adds planes that can be used there as well as having many good graphical and FM tweaks. Since late 2001 I have probably spent $120 on the original Il2,FB,AEP and now PF. This is cheap fun per hour played, Even if you count the computer upgrades to make it run smoothly. When I was younger I spent many times this drinking in bars, driving fast cars, and chasing women(the rest was wasted), and have nothing to show for it except for scars on my body, brain and heart.

This is a great sim. It is a labor of love. I would recommend getting into it grabbing every patch and upgrade you can in this "golden age of IL2". S!

Jumoschwanz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Could'nt have put it better myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif