PDA

View Full Version : Huge problems with Mentor lines and game analysis

RadioSmall
11-24-2007, 01:14 PM
This problem is still huge. I am surprized that Ubisoft has not even bothered to test this before releasing CM GM.If you say load a game from a PGN file a go to a specific move and stop,then if you open mentor lines you will see CM analysis , it is different from the previous versions because it will only show the deepest line, all other versions showed the lessor plys also while still showing the last line.But this is not why I am writing this , the moment you push the forward( or backward key ) Mentor lines causes the game to crash.In other words continous analysis of a game is impossible with CM GM.This happens also when you hand enter moves of a game , you can only chose a certain point in the game for mentor lines to analyze the moment you move to the next move the game crashes. Another interesting thing that happens sometimes is that when opening Mentor lines sometimes there is nothing on the screen ( that is you do not see the analysis ) but in the very bottom where it says Moves and Depth you can see the number and depth changing , but there is no analysis on the screen , even in this situation the game still crashes after you move forward in the game with mentor lines still open. I have tested this on many different computers with different processor speeds , and configurations ...

RadioSmall
11-24-2007, 01:14 PM
This problem is still huge. I am surprized that Ubisoft has not even bothered to test this before releasing CM GM.If you say load a game from a PGN file a go to a specific move and stop,then if you open mentor lines you will see CM analysis , it is different from the previous versions because it will only show the deepest line, all other versions showed the lessor plys also while still showing the last line.But this is not why I am writing this , the moment you push the forward( or backward key ) Mentor lines causes the game to crash.In other words continous analysis of a game is impossible with CM GM.This happens also when you hand enter moves of a game , you can only chose a certain point in the game for mentor lines to analyze the moment you move to the next move the game crashes. Another interesting thing that happens sometimes is that when opening Mentor lines sometimes there is nothing on the screen ( that is you do not see the analysis ) but in the very bottom where it says Moves and Depth you can see the number and depth changing , but there is no analysis on the screen , even in this situation the game still crashes after you move forward in the game with mentor lines still open. I have tested this on many different computers with different processor speeds , and configurations ...

diskamyl
11-24-2007, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RadioSmall:
This problem is still huge. I am surprized that Ubisoft has not even bothered to test this before releasing CM GM.If you say load a game from a PGN file a go to a specific move and stop,then if you open mentor lines you will see CM analysis , it is different from the previous versions because it will only show the deepest line, all other versions showed the lessor plys also while still showing the last line.But this is not why I am writing this , the moment you push the forward( or backward key ) Mentor lines causes the game to crash.In other words continous analysis of a game is impossible with CM GM.This happens also when you hand enter moves of a game , you can only chose a certain point in the game for mentor lines to analyze the moment you move to the next move the game crashes. Another interesting thing that happens sometimes is that when opening Mentor lines sometimes there is nothing on the screen ( that is you do not see the analysis ) but in the very bottom where it says Moves and Depth you can see the number and depth changing , but there is no analysis on the screen , even in this situation the game still crashes after you move forward in the game with mentor lines still open. I have tested this on many different computers with different processor speeds , and configurations ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you installed the patch?