PDA

View Full Version : Animus may not be as far away as we think.

chrismohr1115
09-24-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.break.com/index/sci...om-your-mind-2160449 (http://www.break.com/index/scientists-can-construct-videos-from-your-mind-2160449)

Skuldpt
09-24-2011, 05:11 PM
You don't actually believe this, do you? I won't say it's not true but, I highly doubt it!

chrismohr1115
09-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I believe that its 2011, and the technology we have is far greater then what your lead to believe. I dont see why it wouldnt be possible, sleep and brain funtion studies have been going on for 100s of years, this video maybe false. but you would hafto show me more proof that it isnt plausible before I turned my back on the idea.

LightRey
09-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I call bs. Science is far ahead of what the public knows, but not this far.

Skuldpt
09-24-2011, 05:22 PM
I actually, do believe this possible and we (humans) and the technology we have can make this a lot more but not in this way, not yet........

albertwesker22
09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
If that was true, it would be world news. I agree with LR, utter bs.

chrismohr1115
09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Are you not part of the public? How would you have any idea? Technologically we the people are 35 YEARS behind our own military. and I can almost garauntee you the military/govt doesnt get the technology til its been proven to work, which we'll say takes 3-5 yrs. 40 years advance on what we ALREEADY have as the public, thats alot. Especially at the rate our tech. updates.

chrismohr1115
09-24-2011, 05:24 PM
It wouldnt be "World News" if the agency who held this technology was trying to keep it a secret.

LightRey
09-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by chrismohr1115:
Are you not part of the public? How would you have any idea? Technologically we the people are 35 YEARS behind our own military. and I can almost garauntee you the military/govt doesnt get the technology til its been proven to work, which we'll say takes 3-5 yrs. 40 years advance on what we ALREEADY have as the public, thats alot. Especially at the rate our tech. updates.
Well, for one, such a leak of info wouldn't happen. Second, if every random video about something that could possibly be revolutionary new technology were true, we'd all be teleporting around and marrying holographic representations of AI's by now.

AnthonyA85
09-24-2011, 05:36 PM
We don't have the technology to rapidly send colonists to Mars (or even other star systems), so i highly doubt we'll have tech capable of reading genetic memory any time soon.

blazefp
09-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Haha min 0:10 the guy on the left (forgot his name) as long sleeves and the other one has short sleeves Lol

itsamea-mario
09-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Wether or not this technology is possible is not the matter at hand.
That video is clearly a video next to a blurred up different video, I'd say it's false and possibly homosexual.

Rakudaton
09-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by chrismohr1115:
Technologically we the people are 35 YEARS behind our own military.

So are you telling us that back in 1985, the military had the equivalent of smartphones before the public even had PCs? I ditto the BS call.

I smell conspiracy nut.

EDIT: Having had a quick glance at the video, I can tell you it's almost certainly genuine. Why? Because it was an article in this week's New Scientist, and I can explain to you exactly how it worked.

It's not as advanced as you would think. They scan your brain while watching a short clip. The computer looks at the scan to try and roughly figure out what might be going on (to the extent of "he's looking at a human that is moving", no more complex than that). It then searches through its own large database of movie clips, selects ones that match the description most accurately, and blend them together.

This is not a government leak or anything. It's public, and the scientists are completely open about how limited it is.

itsamea-mario
09-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Yes, but that video is fake.

Also this is hardly animus technology, that depends on the genetic memory theory, of which there us no evidence.

Xiii Chrome
09-25-2011, 06:43 AM
I remember seeing this same technological device in house m.d. before. They used it on this girl who was having some vivid dreams and they thought it was related in a way with her symptoms. I don't fully remember the episode so I'm not completely sure with the plot, but they did use this brain-video technology. It's possible, I mean the blurred image isn't an exact replica on the video present so it's like a rough draft or something. The only way it would be impossible in our age is if the presented video and the video conceived would be exactly the same.

BK-110
09-25-2011, 07:28 AM
You might want to know that there is also an article about this over at Popular Science (http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2011-09/mind-reading-tech-reconstructs-videos-brain-images) and a paper about it is published in Current Biology. Not only that, but the video is made by the researchers behind the paper.

So it's probably not as much BS as some people might think.

It doesn't really make the Animus seem more realistic though, since the Animus is based on the idea of "genetic memory".

LightRey
09-25-2011, 08:32 AM
There's a huge difference between turning data from the brain into video material and decoding genetic memory and rendering it in three dimensions.