PDA

View Full Version : WHY?

Brahman1990
03-24-2005, 02:09 AM
My engine guys has a red ! on them, and they wont help me, so I cant move! Why? Do they need to sleep? How to do that? PlEaSe Help me Quick!

Brahman1990
03-24-2005, 02:09 AM
My engine guys has a red ! on them, and they wont help me, so I cant move! Why? Do they need to sleep? How to do that? PlEaSe Help me Quick!

Timber...wolf
03-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Read the manual more if ya have time and the readme file but a quick fix is to double left click on the compartment this puts fresh dudes in there but is by no way the best means to do this but only in an emergency red means they all fatigued out .

bsalyers
03-24-2005, 12:47 PM
I knew what the red exclamation points mean, but how to effectively manage crew, I'm less certain. There's very little in the manual on crew management and when I started trying to switch out individuals, it got very complicated and time consuming. I don't want to lose track of combat while I become an underwater HR manager. Is there anything posted anywhere addressing crew management in depth?

Antiken_CS
03-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Crew management is easily one of the weakest parts of the game. There is a simple REALISTIC way the game could have addressed this, but instead they choose to make it tedious and frustrating. Just let us assign WATCHES. I mean really... when does a captain individually say "Ok Hans, you're tired, hit the sack. Wilhelm, your turn, man the torpedo room." Give me a break... navies for hundreds of years have used a watch system to keep stations manned and crews fresh. I serious ommision IMO.

U1980
03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I use the following guidelines for crew management during non-combat cruise ops. I'm currently on a Type VIIB U-Boat:

**All specialized personnel are rotated on and off on a 24 hour bases.**

Attack Center (4 ttl certified officers, including Watch Officer) - WP Slot left empty. All 3 Sr. Lts rotated btwn Helm, Nav, and Off-Duty.

Torpedo Rooms (3 certified CWOs) - Aft room left empty. Fwd is manned by 1 CWO-torp and 1 CWO-generic at all times. Other qualified CWOs off-duty.

Diesel Engine Room (2 certified CWOs) - Manned by 1 CWO-mech and 1 CWO-generic at all times. Other qualified CWO off-duty.

Watch - Alternate btwn the Watch Officer and the CWO-watch.

Sonar/Radioman - As required.

-------------------------------

Once combat commences, I use the crew management shortcut controls. At this moment, I forget what station they are located at (I will check later), but they assign crew to stations per scenarios such as surface attack, submerged attack, cruise, etc. Personnel adjustments made if required. Once the fighting has ended and the tubes are reloaded, I continue the 24 hour watch routine.

Note - The above guidelines pertain specifically to the specialized personnel, who I prioritize on patrol. All non-specialized personnel are used to supplement the compartments as needed, and are rotated off-duty once exhausted.

During a 15 day patrol, this guideline worked quite well for me, with morale and efficiencies remaining at good levels upon return to base.

Hope this helps.

KnucklesWhite
03-24-2005, 02:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Booner013/SH3/puppychange.jpg

Banquet
03-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Cheapshot, LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KnucklesWhite
03-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Hehe...credit to Wingnut over at SimHQ. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

HeibgesU999
03-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Above 32X Time Compression no one gets tired or gets rest, so this can be a double edged sword.

Its best to keep as many folks as possible resting in Quarters until you need them.

Its best to rotate Officers more frequently than other ranks, because it seems to be a little tougher to get them rested if they get down below 50% in Endurance.

When increasing or decreasing time compression move quickly between 64X and 1x. This is the danger area for endurance. Wait to long on 16x, and your crew can tire out quickly.