PDA

View Full Version : A 3rd person in The Truth video??

Sarari
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I saw a post by O6EvolutionIXMR on how the place that is in the truth video is Atlantis. So I went to check out his video, but I saw another video on the side tab that talked about a 3rd person that was running with Adam and Eve..? But he also had a bunch of other theories in the video that had to relate with very small details in the video, which apparently nobodies noticed besides him.

One of his many theories was that they were running to the top of the building to meet somebody. Somebody from the future. He never mentioned if he thinks it was Desmond who they were meeting or if Desmond was the one running with them.

Also they were running from somebody. He also didn't mention who he thought that was either. Personally I think it was Minerva.

There is a lot more to it, so I'll leave a link to it, and feel free to leave any opinions on this theory. (Remember that this isn't my theory)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Yt4g&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT9JDSNYt4g&feature=related)

LightRey
10-01-2011, 07:07 PM
The theory has already been discussed. It's bs really. It's an animus recording and those are always in 3rd person. That's all there is to it.

albertwesker22
10-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
The theory has already been discussed. It's bs really. It's an animus recording and those are always in 3rd person. That's all there is to it.

Just because we see it in 3rd person, doesn't mean Desmond does too. The entire animus world is projected by memories. Desmond see's the past through Ezio's eyes.

It only makes sense that the animus is recording from first person.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
He does because he controls Altair and Ezio.

Sarari
10-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Just thought it was a cool idea is all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And nice arabic :P lol

Abeonis
10-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Just because we see it in 3rd person, doesn't mean Desmond does too. The entire animus world is projected by memories. Desmond see's the past through Ezio's eyes.

It only makes sense that the animus is recording from first person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know where you got that idea from... It has always been said that the Animus allows the ancestor to view the memories in 3rd person. Desmond sees everything we see on-screen.

You need to realise, people don't remember things in a 1st person perspective, if we did, we'd never remember anything beyond what we saw. For example, I know for a fact there is an open window behind my head; I haven't looked at the window, but I remember opening it hours ago. That is a part of my genetic memory, and as I remember it, my ancestor would be able to see it through the Animus, if such a device existed in reality.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

It only makes sense that the animus is recording from first person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know where you got that idea from... It has always been said that the Animus allows the ancestor to view the memories in 3rd person. Desmond sees everything we see on-screen.

You need to realise, people don't remember things in a 1st person perspective, if we did, we'd never remember anything beyond what we saw. For example, I know for a fact there is an open window behind my head; I haven't looked at the window, but I remember opening it hours ago. That is a part of my genetic memory, and as I remember it, my ancestor would be able to see it through the Animus, if such a device existed in reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, I think that Desmond sees everything in first person. It's just the way we see what Desmond sees is most of the time in third person. Sometimes we get first-person views from him, but most of the time, for no explainable reason, we see his real life an animus segments in third person.

I think that the animus recording cinematic was in keeping with the way things work in the game, and only showed stuff from a third person view. Continuity between cinematics and gameplay is always nice.

Not to mention that if there was a third person, he floated over thin air and changed camera angles and panned so much that he must be able to teleport and move really fast and become intangible.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I always thought that Desmond was effectively playing the memories like a video game with his mind?

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:48 PM
He is doing that.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:51 PM
So why wouldn't he view the memories in 3rd person?

I ave actually tweeted the AC twitter about that a while ago, but I received no reply. I'll tweet UbiGabe and UbiDiiLite about it.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
So why wouldn't he view the memories in 3rd person?

I ave actually tweeted the AC twitter about that a while ago, but I received no reply. I'll tweet UbiGabe and UbiDiiLite about it.
I don't think he's actually playing it like a video game. The only reference to that was the instruction booklet for AC1 which is not exactly the best source for canon.

Besides, the only way it makes sense for him to actually be learning the skills he is through the bleeding effect is if when he's in the animus he actually feels like he's physically going through the motions. The timing of a jump, the way to pull yourself up and find hand-holds... if he lives his life in first-person, logically he would have had to have learned those skills in first person.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, then how would Desmond not be able to achieve 100% synch if he's not playing the memories like a video game?

Agentbarto
10-02-2011, 12:27 AM
We all need to keep in mind that this all occurs in the mind. Desmond interfaces with the Animus controls as much as a gamer would, but again Desmond sees the worlds of his ancestors through his own eyes so to speak, but only when an ancestral genome provides a structure and a form he can use to explore memories; ie. Ezio, or Altair. Kinda like a movie goer who can't control how things play out.

We're always really playing as Desmond, playing someone else.

itsamea-mario
10-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Here's how I've always thought of it:
Desmond doesnt so much control his ancestors, he feels like he's doing what they're doing, but occasionally his imagination takes control (involuntarily) and this is how he desynchs.
I also think he does 'see' in first person, because that's how we see, but he has a sense of his surroundings, since it's a game they have no real way of conveying that so they made it third person.

Calvarok
10-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Well, then how would Desmond not be able to achieve 100% synch if he's not playing the memories like a video game?
I was under the impression you meant CONTROLLING it like a video game. If you're talking about button prompts and stuff, then that is probably not there, but all of the UI and animus effects and memory walls and menus are definately there. It's just that to him, he actually feels like he is climbing up that wall and stabbing that guard. And while he can control this to some degree, the way he does it is overridden by how Ezio remembered doing similar things. It's like, you go to run, and you start running in a way that you don't run in real life, but it feels natural and right.

As for all the 100% sync things and flag-collecting things, that is all stuff that Desmond sees. I believe that he has control over how he does memories and free-roams because if he was on autopilot, nothing would justfity the amount of time it takes him to get throguh all of Altair and Ezio's memories in AC1-Brotherhood. Brotherhood happened over about a month of "real life" time.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 03:05 AM
It's already been speculated (which I agree with) that the Truth video is one of Subject 16s Animus Sessions, and that he is controlling Adam (same as Desmond controls Ezio).

And I believe the Miracle video in Brotherhood is where he needs Desmond to find another girls DNA to be able revisit her memories as Eve. Personally, I think this is why Minerva / Juno had Lucy stabbed. Because is a descendant of Eve and they could use her to access these memories, which could mean trouble for Those Who Came Before.

Just a theory, nothing concrete, but seems plausible, no?

Vice8641
10-02-2011, 03:17 AM
The most viable evidence that proves Desmond sees everything in 3rd person is presented to us at the end of Assassin's Creed II. Minerva obviously looks behind, or at least a bit to the side, of Ezio, which we then see as if the character is looking directly at the screen, breaking the fourth wall. She even mentions how she does not wish to speak to Ezio, but speak through him.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm sure Vidic mentioned somewhere along the lines that it's in 3rd person too. The animus was designed as a sort of video game unit, as were the controls.

Calvarok
10-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Vice8641:
The most viable evidence that proves Desmond sees everything in 3rd person is presented to us at the end of Assassin's Creed II. Minerva obviously looks behind, or at least a bit to the side, of Ezio, which we then see as if the character is looking directly at the screen, breaking the fourth wall. She even mentions how she does not wish to speak to Ezio, but speak through him.
I think that only cutscenes do that, actually.

I'm sure Vidic mentioned somewhere along the lines that it's in 3rd person too. The animus was designed as a sort of video game unit, as were the controls.
The ONLY time that is mentioned is a little bit in the AC1 instruction booklet, and a lot of things said in that are non-canon.

Abeonis
10-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vice8641:
I think that only cutscenes do that, actually.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, it's not only the cutscenes. Minerva looks directly into Desmond's eyes (so the speak), and they are not in Ezio's head at that point in time. Desmond sees thing in the 3rd person, get over it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sure Vidic mentioned somewhere along the lines that it's in 3rd person too. The animus was designed as a sort of video game unit, as were the controls.
The ONLY time that is mentioned is a little bit in the AC1 instruction booklet, and a lot of things said in that are non-canon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Says you.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm just going to ignore what everyone's said beyond the first few posts (sorry about that) and just say that Desmond most definitely does see everything from a 3rd person perspective in the Animus. Your first clue to this should be the AC2 ending, when Minerva looks over Ezio's shoulder and addresses Desmond. The second should be Ezio's description of said event as her talking to "a phantom standing beside [him]". I'm sure there have been many other clues and maybe even direct references, but these 2 alone should be more than convincing.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Do you think Ezio is aware, from that moment onwards, that someone in the future would be re-living his memories, and that he found out from touching the Apple, possibly?

LightRey
10-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
Do you think Ezio is aware, from that moment onwards, that someone in the future would be re-living his memories, and that he found out from touching the Apple, possibly?
Well not in that detail, but I think he suspects quite a lot and that much of what he suspects is true.

ShaneO7K
10-02-2011, 10:04 AM
It is only Adam and Eve in the video, at a certain point in the video when it gives an over head view of Eden and the mountain you can clearly see there is only 2 people on the roof.

Chronomancy
10-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Could the apple also be used for time travelling? Just a thought.

itsamea-mario
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Not the apple, no.

Chronomancy
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Has anyone thought that maybe the assassin's are on the wrong side, that maybe Abstergo is the right side. Just look in the truth it looks to me that a shadowy figure which resembles Juno is using the apple to control humans. What if Juno was evil?

LightRey
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Has anyone thought that maybe the assassin's are on the wrong side, that maybe Abstergo is the right side. Just look in the truth it looks to me that a shadowy figure which resembles Juno is using the apple to control humans. What if Juno was evil?
It has crossed my mind, but it doesn't seem to be the case. If the Assassins are an the wrong side, then they have only turned to it relatively recently, because I really can't say that about Alta´r and Ezio.

As for the figure. Most of us agree that she looks more like Minerva, but that doesn't mean Juno and Minerva were evil. In the beginning the humans were slaves to TWCB and eventually there was war, likely triggered by the events in "The Truth". Near the end of the war the humans and TWCB that were tired of fighting combined forces to protect the earth.

Chronomancy
10-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Maybe the Assassin Order is full of brainwashing since there are more pieces of Eden than the staff and the apple. Maybe a higher power is brainwashing the leaders to send info down the chain to the recruits, maybe what they have been told so far is a lie, and that Ezio and Altair are just mixed up in it all?

LightRey
10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Maybe the Assassin Order is full of brainwashing since there are more pieces of Eden than the staff and the apple. Maybe a higher power is brainwashing the leaders to send info down the chain to the recruits, maybe what they have been told so far is a lie, and that Ezio and Altair are just mixed up in it all?
I really, really doubt that. It is possible I guess, but it would hard to fit all of what's happened into that theory nonetheless and it would probably cause a lot of rage amongst the fans.

Chronomancy
10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
It is most likely something that no fan has possibly thought of haha.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
It is most likely something that no fan has possibly thought of haha.
It always is. That's what I like about AC though. :P

Chronomancy
10-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Agreed, I can't wait to figure it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chronomancy
10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I think that there is just so much we have missed like the distortion in the truth. This happens in the game as well when you change views so I dunno I don't think we are seeing the whole picture here.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I think that there is just so much we have missed like the distortion in the truth. This happens in the game as well when you change views so I dunno I don't think we are seeing the whole picture here.
Yeah, I expect to see more if we ever get to access it as Desmond. The memory seemed very glitchy. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be similarly distorted to how distorted the final ACB memory was.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't think the Assassins are working for the holograms of TWCB, they are just using the info they give for their own purposes. The Assassins are for free will, Abstergo and the Templars want to control Humans, like the TWCB did. I personally think that the war was a Civil War between 2 groups of TWCB and Humans.

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2011, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Yeah, I expect to see more if we ever get to access it as Desmond. The memory seemed very glitchy. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be similarly distorted to how distorted the final ACB memory was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would be cool if in Revelations they showed us another part of that same memory, maybe what happened before or right after the events of the truth video... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sarari
10-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Guys, this wasn't my theory http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The guy who came up with the theory has a pretty cool idea.

Sarari
10-02-2011, 12:41 PM
And It might not be somebody running with them. Maybe it's just the camera thing or w.e. it is. But they are definitely running from someone.

Eve and Adam had to meet someone at the top of that building they climbed. Cause it would make no sense for them to run up there and stop if they're being chased.

Also, the guy said if you look in the distance, it looks like there's a flock of birds when they show you the mountain view. But he said it didn't look like birds. It was like floating and moving sparkles toward Adam and Eve. That's what really grabbed my attention. That could be Desmond traveling back in time to give Eve the Apple. Cause she didn't have it when she was climbing.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
And It might not be somebody running with them. Maybe it's just the camera thing or w.e. it is. But they are definitely running from someone.

Eve and Adam had to meet someone at the top of that building they climbed. Cause it would make no sense for them to run up there and stop if they're being chased.

Also, the guy said if you look in the distance, it looks like there's a flock of birds when they show you the mountain view. But he said it didn't look like birds. It was like floating and moving sparkles toward Adam and Eve. That's what really grabbed my attention. That could be Desmond traveling back in time to give Eve the Apple. Cause she didn't have it when she was climbing.
They weren't running from someone or something, they turned around in surprise at the end of the video, which means that if they were followed, they didn't realize it.

Sarari
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

They weren't running from someone or something, they turned around in surprise at the end of the video, which means that if they were followed, they didn't realize it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
While they were running, Eve looked back as if she knew someone was after them.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

They weren't running from someone or something, they turned around in surprise at the end of the video, which means that if they were followed, they didn't realize it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
While they were running, Eve looked back as if she knew someone was after them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I suspect they were afraid of being followed, but the fact that they stood still on top of that building and that they didn't show any signs of actually seeing something behind them, suggests that there wasn't anything close enough behind them for them to be able to see.

Sarari
10-02-2011, 03:41 PM
When they reach the top of the building, the memory skips ahead to when Eve receives the apple, not revealing who gave it to her, which I'm guessing is Desmond.

And yes, you're probably right about them being paranoid and all lol.

naran6142
10-02-2011, 07:49 PM
im almost positive i hear desmond calling eve's name at the very end of the truth

tho im not a big fan of time travel in stories, as it always seems to be too easy of a twist. if that makes sense

Animuses
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
...Adam is voiced by Nolan North.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
When they reach the top of the building, the memory skips ahead to when Eve receives the apple, not revealing who gave it to her, which I'm guessing is Desmond.

I don't think Desmond is going to time travel to the past.

Calvarok
10-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Why is everyone obsessed with DESMOND giving her the apple?

It's a recording of SIXTEEN's animus session!!! And so far we know that things can't physically transfer through time, AND Desmond didn't even HAVE the apple at that point.