PDA

View Full Version : will AC2 fit on 1 xbox360 disc?

Grandmaster_Z
10-01-2009, 05:57 PM
seems like the game is alot larger and higher quality textures..
i have 360 and ps3, just wondering which version to get..

bladencrowd
10-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Yay, someone who also has both consoles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Even though Xbox's are famous for breaking, I would still get it for the Xbox 360. Ubisoft has used it for the majority of their videos. The main thing that matters is your controller preference.

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
seems like the game is alot larger and higher quality textures..
i have 360 and ps3, just wondering which version to get..

I'd get PS3 version because PS3 version has exclusive weapons unlockable by Bloodlines if you ever choose to get that.

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Yay, someone who also has both consoles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Even though Xbox's are famous for breaking, I would still get it for the Xbox 360. Ubisoft has used it for the majority of their videos. The main thing that matters is your controller preference.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING?
In fact at TGS it was almost all PS3 video and it looked fine.

banner420
10-01-2009, 06:26 PM
i also have a ps3 and a 360..but i will most deff be getting it for my ps3..im thinking about selling my xbox??maybe

Hessian1967
10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
So are you saying that AC2 will work on the first generation Xbox360? Or not?

bladencrowd
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by DogenzakaSMASH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:

In fact at TGS it was almost all PS3 video and it looked fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even care to read my a last sentence?

banner420
10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
im pretty sure it would work on ne 360..ps3 contollers blows 360 away imo

the amolang
10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
really banner420? I actually hate PS3 controllers, it was one of the big reasons I went for a xbox... I find it painful after playing even half an hour.

bladencrowd
10-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Same. Personally, I like how the Xbox360 fits in my hands, and how the triggers are placed.

thekyle0
10-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I prefer the 360 because I'm middle class. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

MrNussbaum
10-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Same. Personally, I like how the Xbox360 fits in my hands, and how the triggers are placed.

Same here.

FifthGeneration
10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
in my humble opinion ps3 has WAY better graphics then xbox... my xbox just recently broke and i traded it in for a ps3. But i miss the xbox controler which in my humble opinion is WAY better than ps3's controller

bladencrowd
10-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Damn some of your humble opinions.

thekyle0
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Basically, the PS3 has better technology; the Xbox360 has decent technology, -(you'd have to pick more nits than me to even notice the difference if your not playing on a HD television) -the 360 also has a more comfortable layout for the controller, and it has the fact that PS3 is over-rated backing it up.

Grandmaster_Z
10-01-2009, 07:40 PM

yea i don't discriminate..i have a core i7 + 8800gtx pc as well, but i'd rather play AC2 on console while laying on my couch, haha.

so i guess the game contents will fit on 1 dual layer dvd then?

EmperorxZurg
10-01-2009, 07:42 PM
the graphics look just fine on my HD tv for my 360 elite, great controller and button layout graphics that I'm happy with that for my tv rival the PS3 I once played with before returning, and it's got a better achievement system, I would do the 360 version, and @ dogenzka, thats the only convention they used PS3 and they even used 360 ones there too, almost every vid they've shown, even in the dev diaries are 360. They obviously trust that thing

but ya, they'll all fit on one disc

thekyle0
10-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Actually, the game is going to ask you to switch the disk when you move about 10m.

bladencrowd
10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Na. It'll probably scratch the disk, get the 3RR, then explode.

Losk_
10-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm getting it for my xbox (I have a ps3 as well). For the controller reason, but also because AC1 plays better on xbox. I know they said the ps3 performance is going to be on par for AC2, but I still feel more confident that the game will play well on xbox.

EmperorxZurg
10-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Plus Ezio plays Xboxhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif
hey look! two countdowns right next to each other!

Assassin_Kat
10-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I pre-ordered the Black edition for XBOX 360 before I had even brought the console.

I myself prefer xbox. I like the letter controls instead of shape, just personal choice.

banner420
10-01-2009, 08:39 PM
i mean the xbox controller is great dont get me wrong and i do like the triggers but i like a smaller controller so ps3 is for me and its alot lighter and i find sixasix technology pretty fun

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DogenzakaSMASH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:

In fact at TGS it was almost all PS3 video and it looked fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even care to read my a last sentence? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.
I still ask why you even brought up the idea that of using "Ubisoft has used the 360 for a lot of its videos" as a substantial reason for deciding.

I like the 360 controller better but I HATE its face buttons. They're too round and bubbly and make me feel like they don't work when I press them.

I prefer the PS3's soft, analog buttons.

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
I prefer the 360 because I'm middle class. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Oh I see, us lower class, we gotta get the most for our money so we buy PS3s :P

JUST KIDDING.

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
the graphics look just fine on my HD tv for my 360 elite, great controller and button layout graphics that I'm happy with that for my tv rival the PS3 I once played with before returning, and it's got a better achievement system, I would do the 360 version, and @ dogenzka, thats the only convention they used PS3 and they even used 360 ones there too, almost every vid they've shown, even in the dev diaries are 360. They obviously trust that thing

Just keep in mind Assassin's Creed was initially a PS3 exclusive.

Losk_
10-01-2009, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Just keep in mind Assassin's Creed was initially a PS3 exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which makes it all the more strange that it played better on xbox than ps3. I still dont get how that happened...

EmperorxZurg
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
@dognezka: any reason u triple posted? And so what it was originally a PS3 exclusive. {could u provide a link, because I never knew that} I guess it's just a matter of preference, I like the 360 way u like the PS3 way, let's just be happy it's coming on both

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Losk_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DogenzakaSMASH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Just keep in mind Assassin's Creed was initially a PS3 exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which makes it all the more strange that it played better on xbox than ps3. I still dont get how that happened... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite true.

I hope this time the PS3 version works well, because it has exclusive content and that's the version I pre-ordered :/

@dognezka: any reason u triple posted? And so what it was originally a PS3 exclusive. {could u provide a link, because I never knew that} I guess it's just a matter of preference, I like the 360 way u like the PS3 way, let's just be happy it's coming on both

I only now just realized how to multi-quote people. Takes some copy and pasting.

I remember when people saw the CG trailer and used it as an excuse to buy a PS3.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729420p1.html

Ureh
10-01-2009, 09:35 PM
To other ps3 owners:
Have you ever experienced lag while playing games? Where everything on the screen becomes REALLY slow?
Cccause it happened to my ps3 lots of times and I was wondering if this was normal? thx

Oh ya when I said lots of times I mean like 3 or 4 times in the last 2 and a half months.

DogenzakaSMASH
10-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
To other ps3 owners:
Have you ever experienced lag while playing games? Where everything on the screen becomes REALLY slow?
Cccause it happened to my ps3 lots of times and I was wondering if this was normal? thx

Um....no.

An_Idea
10-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by amolang:
really banner420? I actually hate PS3 controllers, it was one of the big reasons I went for a xbox... I find it painful after playing even half an hour.
i gotta agree with you. i dont own a ps3 but ive used my friends, and the controller is just too small, buttons too squished in and they always switch the R1 and R2 buttons along with L1 and L2. like in MW youd think bigger trigger would be for shooting, but its the smaller one 0.o oops now its getting into console wars kinda sorta. well it really does have to do with your controller preference. and if theres online or not.

banner420
10-01-2009, 09:49 PM
they dont always switch r1 r2 l1 l2..L1 is most always aim and R1 is most usually shoot and its always been that way it cod atleast the whole time ive had my ps3 and played the cod games..and i would have to say i like the analogs in the middle and the buttons feel better

obliviondoll
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm another with preference for PS3 - but one of my friends is an Xbox360 fangirl. She finds my controller awkward when she's playing games, and I find hers awkward at her place.

Big-Boss_777
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.giflol all u say 360 because thts the only 1 every1 gets and cud afford but me with both my 360 and my PS3 i go 4 my ps3 the most cuz 360 owners dont kno the dynamics and benefits the ps3 offers i sure do

plus i like my bluray disc tht dnt get scratched in the 1st week or so

n yes the ps3 will hv exclusive weapons with the psp

ps3 dnt overheat lol

360 will last the average person 2 yrs

but this isnt a rant jus a thot for u guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

banner420
10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
thats cus we are used to the pstriple controller and the way the dual analogs are and the smallness..and if your hand hurts within a half hour of using it then i suggest seeing a hand doctor or you must have monster hands..a good way to but it boss

An_Idea
10-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.giflol all u say 360 because thts the only 1 every1 gets and cud afford but me with both my 360 and my PS3 i go 4 my ps3 the most cuz 360 owners dont kno the dynamics and benefits the ps3 offers i sure do

ps3 dnt overheat lol

but this isnt a rant jus a thot for u guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

uhh well my 360 did red-ring but i bought one of the new ones with a better design and the jasper chipset (which doesnt do ****, its the internal design) yup yup so mine should last me until the next gen of consoles XD

banner420
10-01-2009, 09:56 PM
well hopefully it does idea..i have a 360 but i havnt even turned it on for like half a year but ive had it for a good 3 years and it never go the red ring..thank goodness but still even if it did i have my ps3 so its all cool

EmperorxZurg
10-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:

ps3 dnt overheat lol

Mine's actually lasted since the Elite came out which is like 3 years at least, mine's never over heated OR got the RROD and the exclusive weapons are for bloodlines aren't they? And I don't even like Blu-ray discs either lol, I order HDVDS off of Netflix and just kepp my HDDVD player, there's no difference in how I see it, Blu-ray sorta looks the same. And i Didn't buy it just because I could afford it, if I wanted I could have gotten both but I weighed it out and from all the stuff I've experienced the PS3 is just crap http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

An_Idea
10-01-2009, 09:59 PM
i dun even have a hi-def tv XD so it wldnt matter. and idc about hidef or blu ray. its still the same movie. and normal works fine for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

banner420
10-01-2009, 11:07 PM
no highdef for me either..im not gonna lie i would like to play games ina better format with better picture and sound

DogenzakaSMASH
10-02-2009, 12:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:

ps3 dnt overheat lol

Mine's actually lasted since the Elite came out which is like 3 years at least, mine's never over heated OR got the RROD and the exclusive weapons are for bloodlines aren't they? And I don't even like Blu-ray discs either lol, I order HDVDS off of Netflix and just kepp my HDDVD player, there's no difference in how I see it, Blu-ray sorta looks the same. And i Didn't buy it just because I could afford it, if I wanted I could have gotten both but I weighed it out and from all the stuff I've experienced the PS3 is just crap http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are asking for an argument.
Shows how much you know.
The exclusive weapons are for AC2, that you GET by connecting with Bloodlines.
HD-DVDs are roughly the same picture quality, but they have been discontinued. No one makes them anymore, because blu-ray beat it out.

If you weighed out the differences, you would have realized that you pay more for your 360 to buy what you get out of the box with the PS3.

Also, the Elite came out in early 2007 I believe, so it's only been 2 and a half years, not "at least 3".

:/

Typical fanboys.

Grandmaster_Z
10-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Ureh:
To other ps3 owners:

Oh ya when I said lots of times I mean like 3 or 4 times in the last 2 and a half months.

Yeah it happens when you go straight to jerusalem sometimes

bornforhaze
10-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
To other ps3 owners:

Yeah it happens when you go straight to jerusalem sometimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Its a frame rate issue. AC2 will have better framerate on PS3 for sure. It will be like Prince of Persia where you cant tell the difference between the two.

caswallawn_2k7
10-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I would go with the PS3, no offence to the people here who like the 360 but it just falls short at so many points,

1. every1 claims Live is better than PSN, but PSN is a free service and has pretty much identical features plus the added ability to use home if you so choose for free.

1.5. Live uses the point system to buy addons that are never sold for a point multiple you can buy directly from live meaning you always have to overspend to get addons, were the PS3 sells all addons for the same price as the 360 but uses real money so you only spend what you need to.

2. every1 always brings up the RROD, sure it has happened a hell of a lot and it could of been avoided but the PS3 has a similar problem with he same cause just it only happens on a very limited number of systems.

3. people who claim the 360 controller is massively better than the PS3 controller, have never actually looked at the 2 controllers side by side, the 360 controller is a bit more bulked out and has swapped the d-pad for the stick. as for the trigger issue it will be lucky if there is more than a couple of millimetres difference in length.

4. the DVD drive in the 360 (doesn't really need explaining but it is starting to restrict it) but then you have the PS3 with it's blu-ray drive that add's to production costs as the blu-ray discs are more expensive to manufacture and have a higher dead disc rate. (in production not in shops)

5. microsofts idea not to include a hard drive in a base model of the system (then finding out them selves that they didn't have the space even for a standard software update, so had to give free memory cards to all people with the arcade edition. (not going to start on the over priced hard drives that can only be supplied by microsoft)

6. I think the 360 is the only device I own that doesn't have a disc lock system stopping the disc from coming off the spindle and getting scratched to hell.

and those are before we even talk about price comparisons for parts that would come as standard on the PS3 but are marketed as extras on the 360.

TheEpicWolf
10-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I actually like the 360 but i have PS3 mainly because(and i know someone will say it's a bad excuse) i have always had a playstation and Nintendo consoles, so i never really took to the XBox. That and for some reason i just can't get used to the controller much like my issue with the N64 that was damm annoying for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jack_Vykios
10-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by amolang:
really banner420? I actually hate PS3 controllers, it was one of the big reasons I went for a xbox... I find it painful after playing even half an hour. I love my PS3. I do, it's a brilliant console and an absolute joy to play.
But the controller is crap.

Which is why I'm getting AC2 for my 360 instead.

EDIT: I enjoy applying these arguments to myself. I'm not trying to debunk or anything, since this is all opinion based - and I want to make sure we all know that, if anything - but basically, here's my take on these arguments. Because I know everyone loves it when I tell them what I think (/jk).
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I would go with the PS3, no offence to the people here who like the 360 but it just falls short at so many points,

1. every1 claims Live is better than PSN, but PSN is a free service and has pretty much identical features plus the added ability to use home if you so choose for free. I don't use it. And what is actually the point of Home? Seriously, I don't have a clue. I used it in the Beta and never touched it again. Avatars suck, too, but at least they can be used as, like, you know, avatars for your Gamertag.

1.5. Live uses the point system to buy addons that are never sold for a point multiple you can buy directly from live meaning you always have to overspend to get addons, were the PS3 sells all addons for the same price as the 360 but uses real money so you only spend what you need to. Only things I've ever bought with that are things exclusive to the XBox itself. i.e. things I wouldn't get any other way (well, I could've got Fallout 3 addons for PC, if that's the route I'd taken...but I prefer consoles).

2. every1 always brings up the RROD, sure it has happened a hell of a lot and it could of been avoided but the PS3 has a similar problem with he same cause just it only happens on a very limited number of systems. Yes.

3. people who claim the 360 controller is massively better than the PS3 controller, have never actually looked at the 2 controllers side by side, the 360 controller is a bit more bulked out and has swapped the d-pad for the stick. as for the trigger issue it will be lucky if there is more than a couple of millimetres difference in length. You seem to have forgotten what comfort is. There's plenty of things in my possession that are bigger/smaller than a PS3 or 360 controller (To those of you with dirty minds: grow up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ) but their size isn't entirely relevant. Both controllers are similar sizes, but the XBox controller is more comfortable. Why? The little differences. Dimples in the analogue sticks means they're easier to grip with your thumbs without them slipping off. The triggers are better designed so, again, your fingers don't slip off. The analogues are placed so that they don't risk encumbering each other, and that the primary movement one is in a more comfortable, natural position. And the actual shape of the controller fits nicely in hand. How big it is doesn't matter; it's simply better. In my opinion, at least. And the opinion of the vast majority, also, I'd expect.

4. the DVD drive in the 360 (doesn't really need explaining but it is starting to restrict it) but then you have the PS3 with it's blu-ray drive that add's to production costs as the blu-ray discs are more expensive to manufacture and have a higher dead disc rate. (in production not in shops) I'm not sure what your point is...DVDs have less space, yeah, well, developers are getting around that for the most part. It hasn't presented ME with a problem. As for the horrible noise that a 360 will make...just install the game to your hard drive.

5. microsofts idea not to include a hard drive in a base model of the system (then finding out them selves that they didn't have the space even for a standard software update, so had to give free memory cards to all people with the arcade edition. (not going to start on the over priced hard drives that can only be supplied by microsoft) And this has what to do with games?

6. I think the 360 is the only device I own that doesn't have a disc lock system stopping the disc from coming off the spindle and getting scratched to hell. Good point. I've never had that problem though.

and those are before we even talk about price comparisons for parts that would come as standard on the PS3 but are marketed as extras on the 360. Again, irrelevant. Everything you need to play the game you likely already have if you own a 360.

DeSabellis
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
They are both good systems. I don't see the point in getting so worked up.

DogenzakaSMASH
10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't use it. And what is actually the point of Home? Seriously, I don't have a clue. I used it in the Beta and never touched it again. Avatars suck, too, but at least they can be used as, like, you know, avatars for your Gamertag.

Neither of them currently have any point, but HOME will eventually be a virtual space where all PS3 users can commute and play games and talk about them. Well it already is, but it will be an interesting place eventually. I'm sure 360 Avatars will eventually get something similar to compete with PS3.

I'm not sure what your point is...DVDs have less space, yeah, well, developers are getting around that for the most part. It hasn't presented ME with a problem. As for the horrible noise that a 360 will make...just install the game to your hard drive.

Developers are eventually not going to be able to squeeze anymore. Lost Odyssey took up quite a few discs, but let's not even think of Final Fantasy XIII.

caswallawn_2k7
10-02-2009, 11:19 AM
but let's not even think of Final Fantasy XIII.
they have already stated they are cutting some of the extra features for the 360, such as the PS3 version gives you the choice of the original Japanese voice track or the English dubbing, but they said it's one of the first things they have to strip off the 360 and they are saying they are still looking for space saving ideas as the game cant really work multi disc.

Ureh
10-02-2009, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
To other ps3 owners:

Um....no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the ps3 is not supposed to lag? What can I do to fix it? Thx for the help.

Originally posted by bornforhaze:
Its a frame rate issue. AC2 will have better framerate on PS3 for sure. It will be like Prince of Persia where you cant tell the difference between the two.

What is a frame rate issue? What causes it? Is it normal? Do I have anything to worry about it?
thx for the help.

EmperorxZurg
10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:

ps3 dnt overheat lol

Mine's actually lasted since the Elite came out which is like 3 years at least, mine's never over heated OR got the RROD and the exclusive weapons are for bloodlines aren't they? And I don't even like Blu-ray discs either lol, I order HDVDS off of Netflix and just kepp my HDDVD player, there's no difference in how I see it, Blu-ray sorta looks the same. And i Didn't buy it just because I could afford it, if I wanted I could have gotten both but I weighed it out and from all the stuff I've experienced the PS3 is just crap http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shows how much you know.
HD-DVDs are roughly the same picture quality, but they have been discontinued. No one makes them anymore, because blu-ray beat it out.

If you weighed out the differences, you would have realized that you pay more for your 360 to buy what you get out of the box with the PS3.

Also, the Elite came out in early 2007 I believe, so it's only been 2 and a half years, not "at least 3".

Typical fanboys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, I ain't asking for an argument, and it seems like ur the fanboy goggling over the PS3, and I stated I wasn't sure if you got the exclusive for PS3 or not either. And I still find HD DVDS all over the place in Cali, it hasn't really beat it out here. And when I weighed out the differences at the time, the PS3 was worse for what I wanted, the 360 had more capablities and I had more friends who had 360's so I could play with them too. And even if it came out in 07, it still passed the two year thing, and if it did, then it's almost 3 years now, not 2 and a half, that would have been June. So typical PS3 Fan Boy thinking he knows it allhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

caswallawn_2k7
10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
the elite is actually a bad example as microsoft stuck a lot more cooling in it than the standard white consoles, if you look at any stats for the 360 RROD, it's pretty much none existent on the elite (why ms didnt put the same cooling in the white console is the question http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif )

as for HD-DVD they stopped producing them and putting new things onto them about february or march, the shops that still have them in stock are just trying to liquidate the stock so they don't loose money. (the reason MS was giving several free HD-DVD's with the drive at the time it went under)

EmperorxZurg
10-02-2009, 04:21 PM
well that explains it, I haven't bought a DVD since Januaryhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif and the Elite makes none of that annoying sound the old one used too, no hum or anything, partly because I have it in a cabinet with the door usually shut though, but when it's open it doesn't make any noise eitherhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

DogenzakaSMASH
10-02-2009, 04:54 PM

ps3 dnt overheat lol

Shows how much you know.

Dude, I ain't asking for an argument, and it seems like ur the fanboy goggling over the PS3, and I stated I wasn't sure if you got the exclusive for PS3 or not either. And I still find HD DVDS all over the place in Cali, it hasn't really beat it out here. And when I weighed out the differences at the time, the PS3 was worse for what I wanted, the 360 had more capablities and I had more friends who had 360's so I could play with them too. And even if it came out in 07, it still passed the two year thing, and if it did, then it's almost 3 years now, not 2 and a half, that would have been June. So typical PS3 Fan Boy thinking he knows it allhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I'm a fanboy.

Because I have a PC, an Elite, a 60GB PS3, and Wii since launch.

I'm the fanboy.

Regardless of whether you were "sure" or not, my point was that you didn't know.

HD-DVDs really have nothing to do with anything because they're completely irrelevant to gaming on any console. They're like laser disc. No one cares about them.

Good. If you had more friends with 360s, that's great, and that's a good reason to play with them.

As for 360 having more capabilities, I don't think I can agree with that because the 360 has absolutely nothing over the PS3 in terms of functionality minus the fact it can stream Netflix. Everything else the PS3, even at times the Wii offers.

The Elite did not come out until April 2007. Therefore, it has been barely under 2 and a half years since its launch. Not 3.

if you look at any stats for the 360 RROD, it's pretty much none existent on the elite (why ms didnt put the same cooling in the white console is the question Shady )

That is completely false.
YouTube "Elite RROD" while you're at it.

caswallawn_2k7
10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I never said the elites didn't get the RROD I said they break no were near as often or if we go by your theory, do a search for the YLOD for the PS3 (exact same cause as the RROD) because you can find reports of it doesn't mean the majority of PS3's are failing with it.

also if the elite came out in april 2007 that would of made it 2 in april 2009 making it 3 years old in april 2010, so I dont know how you worked it out to barely 2 years when it's about 30 months old.

BTOG46
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
If you lot don't pack in with the console wars, this thread will be locked, and some heads may be banged together..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
yes sir http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
{party pooperhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif}

thekyle0
10-02-2009, 05:47 PM

ps3 dnt overheat lol

Shows how much you know.

Dude, I ain't asking for an argument, and it seems like ur the fanboy goggling over the PS3, and I stated I wasn't sure if you got the exclusive for PS3 or not either. And I still find HD DVDS all over the place in Cali, it hasn't really beat it out here. And when I weighed out the differences at the time, the PS3 was worse for what I wanted, the 360 had more capablities and I had more friends who had 360's so I could play with them too. And even if it came out in 07, it still passed the two year thing, and if it did, then it's almost 3 years now, not 2 and a half, that would have been June. So typical PS3 Fan Boy thinking he knows it allhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I'm a fanboy.

Because I have a PC, an Elite, a 60GB PS3, and Wii since launch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You're not a fanboy; you're just spoiled.

BTOG46
10-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I said pack it in, do you have trouble understanding that request? I could give you time away from the forums to ponder on your lack of understanding, don't make me have to do that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Big-Boss_777
10-02-2009, 06:22 PM
srry 4 starting it but ill drop it lol

wats important to me is that i get my assassins creed 2 master assassins edition http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif GO <span class="ev_code_RED">ALL</span> NEXT GEN CONSOLES !!

banner420
10-02-2009, 07:01 PM
true i want my mae now!! lol but i gotta wait so long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

DogenzakaSMASH
10-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Delete..accidental.

DogenzakaSMASH
10-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:

ps3 dnt overheat lol

Shows how much you know.

Yes I'm a fanboy.

Because I have a PC, an Elite, a 60GB PS3, and Wii since launch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You're not a fanboy; you're just spoiled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm spoiled because I have a job? Right.

I never said the elites didn't get the RROD I said they break no were near as often or if we go by your theory, do a search for the YLOD for the PS3 (exact same cause as the RROD) because you can find reports of it doesn't mean the majority of PS3's are failing with it.

also if the elite came out in april 2007 that would of made it 2 in april 2009 making it 3 years old in april 2010, so I dont know how you worked it out to barely 2 years when it's about 30 months old.

I said barely under 2 and a half years.

October (10) - April (4) = 6 months = 1/2 a year.

April 2007 - April 2009 = 2 years + 6 months to October 2009 = 2 and a half years.

Read?

EmperorxZurg
10-02-2009, 09:39 PM
did u not just read what BTOG said?

banner420
10-02-2009, 10:56 PM
i quess btog should give dogenzakasmash wat he said he would give him..a little time away from the forums to ponder

DogenzakaSMASH
10-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by banner420:
i quess btog should give dogenzakasmash wat he said he would give him..a little time away from the forums to ponder

Sorry, no I did not see the post right at the bottom of the page.

And, um, why? What did I say on this page that is against the rules?

I said I had a job, and I proved that April 2007 to October 2009 is 2 and a half years and I did it politely.

But I guess there's no longer anything to talk about :P

All in all, yea, AC2 will fit on one disc. To think otherwise is silly lol.

I suppose thread should be locked now...

Wytao
10-04-2009, 05:06 PM
HI!

So i have done A TON of reading on what the true difference is between the PS3 and xbox 360 since i bought a PS3 after years of owning a xbox...
And so far this is what i would look at for choosing which console to buy AC2 for...

1. First off, controller... Which ever one you prefer or are most used to..
2. This is a big one, AC2 on the xbox will be running at a native resolution of 720p and will scale up to 1080p on HD televisions
While it was announced that the PS3 version will be running at a native resolution of 1080p due to AC2 taking up the full 25g on the blue ray
This is a back and forth, it means that if you have a HDTV capable of running 1080p with a 360 you will notice blocking, but it MAY (i donno, but
it usually goes in this direction) that PS3 version will see loading issues.
3. As far as i know PS3 was the main focus for AC2 console development, meaning that it should run perfectly on it, though there will most likely be no difference on the 360

So that's about it really... Nothing to drastic, nothing 3 points of info couldn't help

Personally i choose the PS3 version, just because I'm a HD addict even though i do like the xbox controllers better

bladencrowd
10-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the forums. I'm deciding to get it on the Xbox 360 solely on the fact that I'm more comfortable with it's controller than my PS3's.

phimo123-FR
10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
D nsr iz no coz m$ $ux + de SONY PS3 iz good! Pruf? : MGS$ cant fit on dvd!

Closed. (Seriously, I'm astonished to see the topic hasn't become a troll war since the first post...) EDIT--> (Oops. Well, I can see it almost happened.)

EmperorxZurg
10-04-2009, 09:51 PM
why did I never learn leet? I didn't understand a word of that lol

phimo123-FR
10-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Well, I invented it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Plus, French is my mother tongue. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

EDIT : Oh yeah... And I wrote "The answer is no because Microsoft **** and the SONY Playstation 3 is good! Proof? : Metal Gear Solid 4 can't fit on a DVD!"

EmperorxZurg
10-04-2009, 11:37 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

caswallawn_2k7
10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
due to AC2 taking up the full 25g on the blue ray
they are actually 50gb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

bornforhaze
10-05-2009, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">due to AC2 taking up the full 25g on the blue ray
they are actually 50gb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>single layer is 25gb, dual layer is 50gb. I dont understand how they work.

caswallawn_2k7
10-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by bornforhaze:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">due to AC2 taking up the full 25g on the blue ray
they are actually 50gb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>single layer is 25gb, dual layer is 50gb. I dont understand how they work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if I wanted to be picky I could of said 350gb as I think they capped at 8 layers (most players wont be able to read a disc with more than 4 layers tho) but you will find 90% of blu-ray discs movie or game are the 50gb version, it's very rare for a company to use a single layer disc.

Wytao
10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Well in ALL technicality there is a 400gb disc by Pioneer that is 16 layers and is readable by most blueray players with a simple firmware update... NEAT! Including a 1TB version in the works...

But in all technicality now were nitpicking lol