PDA

View Full Version : Why is the PC version of Assassin's Creed 2 released about 4 months later than the XB

StarGlitter
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I do not understand why the PC version of Assassin's Creed 2 is to be released about 3 months later (on Feb 26 1010) than the XBOX and PS3 version? (released on Nov 12 2009)? Why can't all console and pc versions of a particular game be released at the same time? It's not that difficult to do that, is it?

I mean, the game developers have to first develop Assassin's Creed 2 on computers first, so why not release the PC version of Assassins Creed 2 first?

Why are games always released in such a way for e.g., the xbox comes out first followed by PC then PS3. or PC version comes out first followed by the console versions.

I do not own any consoles like XBOX 360 or PS3.and it sucks to have to wait 3 months for a PC version of Assassins 2 to come out whereas the console gamers are having a blast of a time with Assassins 2 DURING CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY. I can't be buying xbox versions of a game and pc versions of the same game,...that'd be way too expensive, especially since the price of new-arrival games are high.

The gaming industry should change this practice and release console and pc versions at the same time so that a population of gamers do not have to wait for the right version to come out while the other group of gamers get to play it first.

What do you think? Need an explanation for my question. No silly answers here please.

StarGlitter
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I do not understand why the PC version of Assassin's Creed 2 is to be released about 3 months later (on Feb 26 1010) than the XBOX and PS3 version? (released on Nov 12 2009)? Why can't all console and pc versions of a particular game be released at the same time? It's not that difficult to do that, is it?

I mean, the game developers have to first develop Assassin's Creed 2 on computers first, so why not release the PC version of Assassins Creed 2 first?

Why are games always released in such a way for e.g., the xbox comes out first followed by PC then PS3. or PC version comes out first followed by the console versions.

I do not own any consoles like XBOX 360 or PS3.and it sucks to have to wait 3 months for a PC version of Assassins 2 to come out whereas the console gamers are having a blast of a time with Assassins 2 DURING CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY. I can't be buying xbox versions of a game and pc versions of the same game,...that'd be way too expensive, especially since the price of new-arrival games are high.

The gaming industry should change this practice and release console and pc versions at the same time so that a population of gamers do not have to wait for the right version to come out while the other group of gamers get to play it first.

What do you think? Need an explanation for my question. No silly answers here please.

jack994
12-30-2009, 12:41 PM
One simple answer: Piracy.

Yes you can pirate games on the Xbox 360 BUT you can buy legally aswell.

If they released the PC version with no piracy protection then everyone could torrent it and Ubisoft would lose a heck load of money.

Ringquelle
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Just a theory, but it could very well have something to do with piracy.

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 games have a lower piracy rate then PC games, since it takes more trouble and is not as easy. By waiting a few months to release the PC-version, more people will have bought the console-versions instead of pirating them immediately.

Also, several developpers have stated that it takes 3x more time and money to develop a game for the PlayStation 3, so that explains PC and Xbox 360 versions being released earlier.

icrash
12-30-2009, 01:12 PM
From what I gathered, it's not so much a piracy thing as a compatibilty thing. You've got xp/vista/win7 plus all the versions of ATI/Nvidia video cards plus all of the different processors. The idea is to get AC2 to run on as many pc configurations as possible. It's relatively easier to get console versions out faster because there aren't the variables like you'd find in pc systems.

Zerban_da_Great
12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
PC games are VERY different to console games when you get down to the basic building blocks. They could just shove a shoddy port half-full of Xbox code into a CD case and call it a game, but to make an on-par or superior port, they'd have to basically rewrite the whole game.

BTOG46
12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Please use the existing New release date of PC version (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6491071297) thread for all posts about the delayed release. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif