PDA

View Full Version : Mission complete!

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 11:26 AM
A friend of mine has just completed the German fighter campaign on FB. Before that he did the same on IL2.
He doesn't visit the forums, because on the one occasion he did, he saw nothing but "people talking rubbish"(I don't think it was as polite as that though/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) and hasn't gone back.
He was quite amazed when I informed him several months back of all the problems people were having. The only problems he'd had, was the occasional lock up over Leningrad (which he got round by hanging back and picking off anyone who strayed out of the main battle arena) He had an issue with one of the FW190's roll rate, and Me 262 sound and strange AI behaviour.He was delighted when I passed on the patches to him as this cured the problems.
He has done all of this on the pre-sets appropriate to his machine and no up to date drivers at all.
His system is /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif as far as I know)
Abit MoBo
Geforce4 ti 4600 (recently changed to a 4800 when the 4600 blew up)
SB live 5.1
512 Mb ram (not sure what type?)
Athon 1800xp

I wonder how many others out there have just got there heads down and gone for it (not many I suspect if the usual posts are anything to go by/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

Let's hear from those of you out there who have "gone for it"

CMarky/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 11:26 AM
A friend of mine has just completed the German fighter campaign on FB. Before that he did the same on IL2.
He doesn't visit the forums, because on the one occasion he did, he saw nothing but "people talking rubbish"(I don't think it was as polite as that though/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) and hasn't gone back.
He was quite amazed when I informed him several months back of all the problems people were having. The only problems he'd had, was the occasional lock up over Leningrad (which he got round by hanging back and picking off anyone who strayed out of the main battle arena) He had an issue with one of the FW190's roll rate, and Me 262 sound and strange AI behaviour.He was delighted when I passed on the patches to him as this cured the problems.
He has done all of this on the pre-sets appropriate to his machine and no up to date drivers at all.
His system is /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif as far as I know)
Abit MoBo
Geforce4 ti 4600 (recently changed to a 4800 when the 4600 blew up)
SB live 5.1
512 Mb ram (not sure what type?)
Athon 1800xp

I wonder how many others out there have just got there heads down and gone for it (not many I suspect if the usual posts are anything to go by/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

Let's hear from those of you out there who have "gone for it"

CMarky/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Not sure what you mean exactly CMarky. I think there is a group of us new to this game enjoying our campaigns. I think there is an even larger group of experienced virtual pilots who have played the campaigns and are still enjoying the game (online and/or customized campaigns). Then there are some who are not, which a lot of them post here /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

With regards to hardware, the game has always run great on my system. I tried for a week or so to play it on Perfect, but couldn't get it to play "perfect" with an acceptable framerate. I stopped trying and been enjoying the game every since (though I still dream about the water effects in perfect /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I understand you friend's position regarding this forum. Most of the discussion is either negative or over my newbie head. The occassional positive discussion from a newbie or a nice experienced virtual pilot is very welcomed.

Best regards.

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 02:39 PM
I've "gone for it"! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I love the 'dgen' campaigns personally, but I do like a bit of user-created nonsense too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>