PDA

View Full Version : Hunting grounds...

Virtual_Adept
04-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Since I started with the GW and NYGM TW (combined by using the Extended Unified Campaign) I've been hard pressed to find ships to sink. Currently, it's Apr 4, 1940. I've used the Community Manual as a reference, but I've not seen alot of traffic in those areas (and I already know that there won't be many convoys to Russia until after Russia enters the war. I'm operating out of Kiel ATM and am in the 7th (started capmaign in the 1st). Any ideas for good hunting grounds?

Virtual_Adept
04-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Since I started with the GW and NYGM TW (combined by using the Extended Unified Campaign) I've been hard pressed to find ships to sink. Currently, it's Apr 4, 1940. I've used the Community Manual as a reference, but I've not seen alot of traffic in those areas (and I already know that there won't be many convoys to Russia until after Russia enters the war. I'm operating out of Kiel ATM and am in the 7th (started capmaign in the 1st). Any ideas for good hunting grounds?

FDNYFAN
04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Grid BE 62 and surrounding areas.

Goose_Green
04-20-2006, 12:53 PM
It seems that whatever "Super" mod you are playing with, I have suspected that the mod has a small influence on your favorite hunting ground, but AM52 and AM53 are quite profitable while the western approaches has plenty of single and double merchants transiting this area with a few convoys chucked into the mix.

BF14, BF17, AM52, AM53 are fairly good when using IUB 1.03 - AM areas have the majority of inbound convoys, while the Western Approaches has aan equal amount of outbound and inbound.

BF15, BF13, AM51, 52 & 53 are useful when using just the stock game.

Also when Operation Drumbeat kicks off and later on you can arm yourself with a Type IX and make your way down to the caribean. If memory serves me right that during 1943 I encountered Tanker only convoys in the following grid squares DN, EC, ED but be advised that they are fast convoys - so get yourself set up well in advance! You can also use the choke points near Cuba and the other islands to the east.

Silva_Bullet
04-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Scapa Flow and Loch Ewe...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif