PDA

View Full Version : I now understand where this franchise fits, among it's peers...

Notion_
12-21-2011, 08:56 PM
I think: Uncharted, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are hands-down the 3 best game franchises in existence...they simply always out-class everyone else, with every game (I know Mass Effect doesn't have the same pedigree as the other two, but it will).

That said, I can't pick a clear winner among the three, as they all are great in their own ways. I think each are the best examples of the type of games that they are (linear, open-world, decision-based).

Anyway, I just finished Revelations, and I've played every game in the series, and I think I can put them all in neat little boxes now...

The real strength of the Assassin's Creed series, is really how emotionally involved you become while playing them. The afore mentioned games have their moments, but AC really sells it better. The game is really driven by your connection to the characters, and the relationships they develop with each other. As an experience, I think AC games are more memorable than any other.

And while I can appreciate the technological mastery and superior acting and storytelling that is in play whenever you load up an Uncharted game, and I can appreciate the immersiveness, imagination and addicting gameplay that is Mass Effect 2, being somewhat of an emotionally-driven guy, I think I might prefer the Assassin's Creed experience above all others. Something about the way the characters interact with each other, combined with the visuals, and topped off with that amazing musical score...something about it is...unbeatable. I just hope this franchise hasn't lost it's magic with the passing of Ezio, and the departure from that part of the world.

Loved the game though. Nice work Ubi.

Happy Holidays to all.

YuurHeen
12-22-2011, 01:16 AM
lol. well first up it is your opinion. butttttt
there are franchises that are a bit better than mass effect and uncharted and for most people ac aswell. fallout, tes, gta, zelda, mario, battlefield, cod, bioshock, starcraft etc etc. all sold more.

now to bash on uncharted. it is a freaking boring interactive movie, with linear climbing and a lame 3rd person shooter element that does not make much sense.

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
there are franchises that are a bit better than mass effect and uncharted and for most people ac aswell. fallout, tes, gta, zelda, mario, battlefield, cod, bioshock, starcraft etc etc. all sold more.

now to bash on uncharted. it is a freaking boring interactive movie, with linear climbing and a lame 3rd person shooter element that does not make much sense.
This is a very pointless post..

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 03:06 AM

What's ironic is that this is just your opinion to "correct" the other person's Opinion...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

As far as Fallout, they got alot of crap for the glitchy, buggy mess they put out too early w/ New Vegas. I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif Fallout 3 & wouldn't even get FNV.

I don't know if they're putting out another one, but I'm definitely renting before I buy.

InfectedNation
12-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Fallout 3 and any Call of Duty game make me want to swallow a grenade.

But that's just my opinion, y'know.

eagleforlife1
12-22-2011, 03:29 AM

I think Uncharted is an exciting interactive movie.

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 03:31 AM
This thread is going exactly as I feared http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

roostersrule2
12-22-2011, 03:57 AM

now to bash on uncharted. it is a freaking boring interactive movie, with linear climbing and a lame 3rd person shooter element that does not make much sense. I have to agree with that last part as I hate when buttons pop in on the screen it detracts from the realism so much. Also the climbing animations in this game are clumsy and nowhere near as good as AC.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 03:58 AM
All they have left to do w/ Ezio now is an RDR Zombie invasion in Rome - he has to save every Doctor from the Zombies so they can find a cure.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

YuurHeen
12-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">now to bash on uncharted. it is a freaking boring interactive movie, with linear climbing and a lame 3rd person shooter element that does not make much sense.

What's ironic is that this is just your opinion to "correct" the other person's Opinion...

As far as Fallout, they got alot of crap for the glitchy, buggy mess they put out too early w/ New Vegas. I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif Fallout 3 & wouldn't even get FNV.

I don't know if they're putting out another one, but I'm definitely renting before I buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first off indeed it is my opinion that uncharted' story is boring. being boring is a opinion and never fact. unlike notion_ that putted his opinion as fact.
fallout nv had indeed more bugs than the average game. made by a team that normally dont make big open worlds with bethesda's old engine. but i never care for bugs. just make a lot of saves. still fallout 3 was better. fallout 4 probly going be more like skyrim.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 05:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">now to bash on uncharted. it is a freaking boring interactive movie, with linear climbing and a lame 3rd person shooter element that does not make much sense.

I don't know if they're putting out another one, but I'm definitely renting before I buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first off indeed it is my opinion that uncharted' story is boring. being boring is a opinion and never fact. unlike notion_ that putted his opinion as fact.
fallout nv had indeed more bugs than the average game. made by a team that normally dont make big open worlds with bethesda's old engine. but i never care for bugs. just make a lot of saves. still fallout 3 was better. fallout 4 probly going be more like skyrim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So they're making a Fallout 4 then? Hope so!
I never kept up with the news on the whole Fallout franchise... I should check their website out.

*Edit in

I see a Fallout 4 Suggestion thread from fans . . so maybe.

GLHS
12-22-2011, 06:12 AM
I thought the point of this thread was to point out how emotional and immersive AC is. How Does CoD or GTA, or even Battlefield fit into that category? So they sold more. Cool for them. They have little to no story at all and, while they may be fun and somewhat addicting, you get no emotional connection and no immersion. AC is as good as it is exactly b/c of those reasons. Plus, nobody does history better and makes you actually want to learn about it. And that I'm sure everybody can agree with.

YuurHeen
12-22-2011, 06:18 AM

So they're making a Fallout 4 then? Hope so!
I never kept up with the news on the whole Fallout franchise... I should check their website out.

*Edit in

I see a Fallout 4 Suggestion thread from fans . . so maybe.

fallout 4 and 5 will come. bethesda paid for the license wenn they brought the fallout rights. just wenn is the question. i hope in 2 years. not sooner thought. bethesda aint ubisoft :P

and you should try fallout nv wenn the collecter edition comes in februari which includes the 4 dlc. most bugs are cleared by now and the dlc's that came out this year were great stories.

Animuses
12-22-2011, 07:16 AM

I don't know if they're putting out another one, but I'm definitely renting before I buy.
I highly recommend New Vegas. I was really hesitant in getting it and thought I wouldn't like it all that much, but I was completely wrong. I found it to be way better than Fallout 3 in every aspect. If you ever get the chance, try it out.

About the issue with the bugs/glitches, don't worry about it. I've had more problems with Fallout 3 than I have had with New Vegas.

Now looking back at it, Fallout 3 is only a fun and silly game to me. It wasn't all that good of a game.

deadly_thought
12-22-2011, 07:32 AM
GOW has a better story for me 1,2,3 together make you feel amazing once youve finished them all its as if you fought the war yourself especially once its all said and done perfect game

mass effect awsome game franchise bioshock2 not as good as part 1 SKYRIM just put elder scrolls right up there for me and batman AC is incredible batman AA is also a great game

in all though i gotta run with gears elder
scrolls batman mass effect F.E.A.R dragon age Soul calibur then AC there was a time when AC was at the top of list though

BK-110
12-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Assassin's Creed is my favorite franchise along with Metal Gear. I do certainly like Uncharted, though it's not among my favorites. I played the demo for Mass Effect 2, but I didn't really get into it...

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

I highly recommend New Vegas. I was really hesitant in getting it and thought I wouldn't like it all that much, but I was completely wrong. I found it to be way better than Fallout 3 in every aspect. If you ever get the chance, try it out.

About the issue with the bugs/glitches, don't worry about it. I've had more problems with Fallout 3 than I have had with New Vegas.

Now looking back at it, Fallout 3 is only a fun and silly game to me. It wasn't all that good of a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif this is good to know!
I put FNV on my Cmas list w/ about 4 other games, so I don't know which ones I'm getting.
I might just wait for that Ult. Edition if I don't get it bcuz it'll have the extensions w/ it. but then again, it'll be more Xpensive too.
Not really willing to pay alot right now - still need to grab Batman.

@ BK, you might want to rethink Mass Effect 2 - I felt the same way & had a hard time getting into it at the very start, but it's AWESOME.

luckyto
12-22-2011, 09:26 AM
I love Uncharted, but it has ZERO replay value for me. I would BATMAN.

If I had to pick a none-franchiser, I would say RED DEAD. It kind of takes the grand prize for open world games, which is weird, because I prefer AC's backdrop more than the old West. RED DEAD is sheer perfection in story-telling and technical execution.