PDA

View Full Version : Flyable Shiden-kai?

zuiho
03-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Anyone know if we have any hope of flyable shiden-kai in future add-on?

VW-IceFire
03-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Supposedly in the IL-10 Manchuria addon package due this summer.

Grey_Mouser67
03-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Need to throw in that Spit Mk XIV...standard and clipped wing for good measure!

ElAurens
03-05-2006, 09:04 PM
More spits....oh joy....

Why not another half dozen BF 109s while your at it? Or a couple dozen Yaks?

Not to get on your case Grey_Mouser, but the Japanese plane set is the most neglected in the entire sim. No Army bombers or attack types, No Ki44, No Kate, No flyable H8K, no Mavis at all... Utterly lacking in early types for Army and Navy.

These are absolutely important aircraft, and far more needed than any more late war "uber" fighters for any side.

SnapdLikeAMutha
03-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
More spits....oh joy....

Why not another half dozen BF 109s while your at it? Or a couple dozen Yaks?

Not to get on your case Grey_Mouser, but the Japanese plane set is the most neglected in the entire sim. No Army bombers or attack types, No Ki44, No Kate, No flyable H8K, no Mavis at all... Utterly lacking in early types for Army and Navy.

These are absolutely important aircraft, and far more needed than any more late war "uber" fighters for any side.

I concur

Flyable Ki-46 would be nice too, that plane is foxy!
http://www.preservedaxisaircraft.com/Japan/Mitsubishi/images/Ki46.jpg

MercilessFatBoy
03-05-2006, 09:24 PM
any one knoews if any of the early georges will be flyable not only the shiden kai?

shinden1974
03-05-2006, 11:37 PM
afraid the shiden is a dead one as far as flyable goes, too bad really. Lack of reliable information on the cockpit (which is different from the shiden-KAI) if I remember right.

N1K2-J was a later entry, and I was pretty suprised when I found out someone had built a model and cockpit for it...pleasantly.

On the plane sets, the british and italians are probably the most neglected planesets, with major bombing and torpedo types missing, still the Japanese could use an influx of AI planes at least, the B6N and D4Y are huge omissions. The USN needs a helldiver and maybe an F4U-4...too late for most of that except maybe an AI B6N. Hope they are here when oleg hits the pacific again.

There's a lot of japanese planes coming so they should be at least on a par with the other major participants soon. Ki-27, J2M5, N1K2-Ja, Ki-21 and hopefully B6N and Ki-43-II perhaps?

all in all, this is truly an incredible planeset compared to what has been available in past flight sims.

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by shinden1974:
all in all, this is truly an incredible planeset compared to what has been available in past flight sims.

Word.

I'd like to see a few integral planes added (i.e. US torpedo bomber?!), but would much rather see a few tweaks to glaring issues already in place first. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

MiamiEagle
03-09-2006, 07:56 AM
I concure with you Guys. I do not mind 1200 version of the Me109 since is one of my favorite planes in this Sim but I rather have more of missing Japanese planes included than one more version of the Me109 or Yak at this time.

That could wait for more version of the Me109 until we have most of the Pacific Fighters included.

Shiden-KIA is one of my favorite Japanese planes. Its a Zero on steroids. You guys are either going to love it or throughly hate it if you are flying against it. If developed properly I will hear a lot complains on how uber it is. It should be fun to fly and fight against it.

It was one of the better Axis planes in World war two.

Unlike popural impression the Japanese did developed some very good planes as well.

The war in the Pacific war harder and more costly than official History lend us to believe.

Well that another matter that I will discuss another day.

Miamieagle

JG52Karaya-X
03-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Don't worry, the Ki27, N1K2-J and J2M5 are underway - I for one would like a Ki-44/45/46 too

The Shoki was one of the mainstay fighters of the IJA during the war and the 45/46 would make a great addition to the sim.

Oh and I almost forgot! A flyable B5N1 and B6N1 would be kewl as well.