PDA

View Full Version : Codex Edition DLC region locked?

piercedthrough
11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
So does anyone know FOR SURE if the dlc (officer, harlequin, Trajan Market etc.) is region locked? That is to say is it exclusive to the region that you're ordering from? Because I've got a friend in France that is willing to ship me a copy of the Codex Edition but I don't want to pay money for stuff that isn't going to work.

xsatanicjokerx
11-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I've heard that it is but im not sure

caswallawn_2k7
11-09-2010, 04:11 AM
it normally is as the EU and US games generally have different identifier numbers not to mention the PSN/Liave codes being made for PSN/Live in one region, so chances are the codes wont work in the American stores if they are from a European country and even if they did work and it downloaded the American version a European game wont recognise the DLC.

you could always setup a EU account on your PS3/360 and get it that way but either way you will need an account linked to the region the game comes from (that is assuming the 360 version isn't fully region locked most 360 games are)

xsatanicjokerx
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Just get your friend to download it on his xbox and then copy it onto a usb hardrive then send the usb with the game to you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif (idk if a ps3 uses usb so gl if you have ps3)

piercedthrough
11-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
it normally is as the EU and US games generally have different identifier numbers not to mention the PSN/Liave codes being made for PSN/Live in one region, so chances are the codes wont work in the American stores if they are from a European country and even if they did work and it downloaded the American version a European game wont recognise the DLC.

you could always setup a EU account on your PS3/360 and get it that way but either way you will need an account linked to the region the game comes from (that is assuming the 360 version isn't fully region locked most 360 games are)
So I would have to play Brotherhood exclusively on the EU PSN to use the dlc? Or are you saying the download would carry over to all users of my PS3? In which case my US account would get the dlc also? Ugh why can't they just release this in the U.S. or ship it here. Honestly its kinda dumb that play.com ships to Australia but not to America even if you offer to pay shipping

caswallawn_2k7
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I think your getting mixed up reading the countries they deliver to, they are all European countries all I can assume is you misread Austria as Australia.

but if you download the content with a EU account there is a chance the other accounts on your PS3 will see it and use it but I'm not certain.

piercedthrough
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Yea sorry i mixed Austria with Australia...I don't know what's wrong with me haha. But the point is they ship close to here. So you don't know for sure if the downloads sort of "carry over" from accounts? I really want this edition but I don't wanna get it then find out I can only play the content on a EU PSN

SolidSnakeMat
11-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Most likely will be region locked. If your going to import the codex then I would just keep locked up and not play it just to keep as a collection and play the edition thats available in my region think about it the officer and all the maps will be available as DLC sooner or later just like AC2 so just wait and if your going to get the codex well if its not region locked happy gaming if it is just keep it as a collectors.

<span class="ev_code_RED">***Please read the rules on forum signatures**</span>

piercedthrough
11-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Well I sure as heck hope that all those become available some time..or I'm gonna blow a blood vessal and bro is that your sig? I'm pretty sure it violates the size restriction