PDA

View Full Version : Weather conditions?

Q-BALL123
12-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Random thought, I really liked the terrain in the opnening mission of ACR, cant rain or other conditions be added to the story map?

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Red Dead Redemption had changing weather and I have to admit, I HATED when it rained.
I'd actually just stay in my hotel room & sleep a whole day till it was sunny out. lol

Snow I could handle.

freddie_1897
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Red Dead Redemption had changing weather and I have to admit, I HATED when it rained.
I'd actually just stay in my hotel room & sleep a whole day till it was sunny out. lol

Snow I could handle. Ah, I'm guessing Victorian England isn't your first choice for a future AC game then?

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

Snow I could handle. Ah, I'm guessing Victorian England isn't your first choice for a future AC game then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey good point, it's actually my first choice, Victorian is my favorite Era but I had forgotten all about that aspect.
I can handle some gray overcast . . but dreary rain? I'll be ok with a little bit of it, but overkill would blow.
Besides, it'll rust all our weapons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Rain would be acceptable in like an overnight scene where the new Protagonist is sharing a romantic evening w/ his female companion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

My 2nd choice is Egypt - that's sunny.

LieutenantJojo
12-05-2011, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freddie_1897:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

Snow I could handle. Ah, I'm guessing Victorian England isn't your first choice for a future AC game then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey good point, it's actually my first choice, Victorian is my favorite Era but I had forgotten all about that aspect.
I can handle some gray overcast . . but dreary rain? I'll be ok with a little bit of it, but overkill would blow.
Besides, it'll rust all our weapons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Rain would be acceptable in like an overnight scene where the new Protagonist is sharing a romantic evening w/ his female companion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

My 2nd choice is Egypt - that's sunny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't they have a problem with the free-running if they added rain and/or snow? I don't think it would be handy to free-run over the slippery rooftops and stuff...

But it would be nice to see more weather conditions however.

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Be pretty cool to have conditons affect free running. Get to slide down a roof in the rain like sliding in to home plate.

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM
You say that now, but if they were to implement that, you'de have a bunch of fans complaining about how annoying it is to slip & slide on rooftops.
I can just hear it now

TK421-677
12-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Changing weather would be awesome in AC3. It wouldn't have to affect free running too much though. I mean, there was a Lair of Romulus mission in Brotherhood where Ezio chases a guy on a rooftop while it's raining and it didn't change anything.

It should though, haha. Would be cool if we had to be more careful if it started to rain or snow during a mission.

Serrachio
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Ancestor is cold, please retrieve a blanket before free-running some more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah I wouldn't want it to be over the top in frequency, but every now and again a bit of weather and some adjusted controls, maybe mission specific.

Fans would be hating though. No matter how good an upgrade is, there's always a ton of hating going on...no way to please evereyone.

EzioAssassin51
12-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Weather would be good, but as long as it doesn't affect gameplay, like slipping in the rain or slow movement in the snow because that would cause a lot of complaining and it'd make the game very tedious I think.

DavisP92
12-05-2011, 05:22 PM
You say that now, but if they were to implement that, you'de have a bunch of fans complaining about how annoying it is to slip & slide on rooftops.
I can just hear it now

they should have it tho, and maybe have a animation/equipment to prevent it or lessen the amount of times it happens. It would be funny to see a guard fall tho

EzioAssassin51
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
I can just hear it now

they should have it tho, and maybe have a animation/equipment to prevent it or lessen the amount of times it happens. It would be funny to see a guard fall tho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But would it be funny to see yourself fall, oer and over again? Ruining your flow, becoming slowly tedious and annoying before you slip and die/slip and get detected and lose a mission?

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Yeah I wouldn't want it to be over the top in frequency, but every now and again a bit of weather and some adjusted controls, maybe mission specific.

Fans would be hating though. No matter how good an upgrade is, there's always a ton of hating going on...no way to please evereyone.

Ya I'm learning that.
You'd have complaints about how the rain is affecting his abilities, and if they didn't have it affect his running, they'd whine that it's not realistic enough.
*facepalm*
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

But ya, every once in awhile, I'd be fine a little weather change - just make sure we have a whole slew of rain gear to change into or the complainers will be out in full force about how our Umbrella Gun doesn't offer polka dot material.

But I'd LOVE snow. Less dreary.

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
But would it be funny to see yourself fall, oer and over again? Ruining your flow, becoming slowly tedious and annoying before you slip and die/slip and get detected and lose a mission?

Only if they did it one time in one segment - any more than that and Ubi will be facing lawsuits. lol

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 05:32 PM
@Prodigurl
Just have to accept it, I'm drawn more to the positive perspective though, perfection isn't real and I like being happy.

As far as weather effects, I was thinking more that they would increase our skills and screw the guards more. More high dive locations when snowing, snowballs added to the weapon wheel, sliding leg sweeps in the rain etc.

rileypoole1234
12-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I love the rain. My favorite weather condition.( live in England, we get quite a bit of it) I hope there's a weather system in AC3. There's got to be.

MajorMinus
12-05-2011, 09:06 PM
I think Scottland has cool weather. The place looks beautiful from the show i saw it in.

Q-BALL123
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
besides realistic variables, thunderstorms every now and then would make for some bada** rooftop assassinations

ProdiGurl
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Q-BALL123:
besides realistic variables, thunderstorms every now and then would make for some bada** rooftop assassinations

Thanks for bringing that up, thunderstorms, YES!
I do love a major thunderstorm. It's that gray, drizzly, miserable stuff I hate.

A kool thunderstorm in a mission or 2 would be really great!
Just as the Protagonist strikes his victim, there's multiple lightning strikes that almost give it a strobe light appearance during the kill

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

blazefp
12-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Btw ProdiGurl, Ezio's not in iron age, it's the renascence, the weapons are, at the very least, made of steel not iron. Steel doesn't get rusty :P

freddie_1897
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
DONT WORRY ABOUT WEATHER IN VICTORIAN LONDON

i live in London, and it really dosnt rain that much, i have a friend from the USA who said that when he came here, it didn't rain NEARLY as much as he thought it would. He thought it would rain every other day. DONT WORRY, even when it does rain, it isn't pouring, its usually just drizzle. Winter is usually more foggy than rainy, so hopefully they'll set it then.

Xenoxin
12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Well fog would be a great thing to add, just (dis)appearing would be awesome. A quick strike and your gone before they notice.