PDA

View Full Version : Where is my Animus Edition?

goorootoo
11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm UK-based and pre-ordered from Ubishop [yes, I now know that was a mistake].

More than 2 weeks after the release date and I still haven't received my Animus Edition. What's going on? Is anybody in the same position?

Customer "Support" is a shambles and don't seem bothered. They don't seem to want to answer any question directly.

Help!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi, sorry to hear you haven't received it yet.

Did you contact support through the online store http://shop.ubi.com/store?Acti...=Interstitial_en_GB, (http://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=html&Env=BASE&Locale=en_GB&SiteID=ubiemea&ThemeID=8605700&pbPage=Interstitial_en_GB,) by phone or technical support?

Assassin_M
11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
You must be one patient man/woman/girl/boy/thing.

donniewhalberg
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
haha. I wouldn't hold my breath. A few days ago the ac facebook put up that ubishop had the ac encyclopedia on sale and we should go buy since it was limited stocks only. The page on ubishop then said it was only available to pre-order right now but would be released "November 2011". The confirmation email from the order then switched that up, saying it was due out December 31st. Finally I sent off a really polite email simply asking if they could help me with when the real release was, and the email back literally said sorry no we can't help you with that. And then a link to ubisoft.com's console faq questions. Today I checked, and the entire product page is gone, but no email updat eor anything. So yea, great site and service eh?

goorootoo
11-29-2011, 10:47 AM
No, not holding my breath!

Contacted Ubisoft UK using the contact form on the website and have exchanged several messages with them.

They reply with the usual pre-formatted emails that don't try to address the issue.

Does anyone have contact information for anyone higher up than customer support?

eagleforlife1
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
I received my Animus Edition from Ubishop four days before day of release.

itsamea-mario
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I received my Animus Edition from Ubishop four days before day of release.

You cannot possibly imagine how little that helps.

My only advice is to order again, it's what I did last year.

Getz_It_17
11-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by donniewhalberg:
haha. I wouldn't hold my breath. A few days ago the ac facebook put up that ubishop had the ac encyclopedia on sale and we should go buy since it was limited stocks only. The page on ubishop then said it was only available to pre-order right now but would be released "November 2011". The confirmation email from the order then switched that up, saying it was due out December 31st. Finally I sent off a really polite email simply asking if they could help me with when the real release was, and the email back literally said sorry no we can't help you with that. And then a link to ubisoft.com's console faq questions. Today I checked, and the entire product page is gone, but no email updat eor anything. So yea, great site and service eh?

I ordered the White Encyclopedia about a week before the game came out and I got it on the 18th of November and I live in the US. I don't know why you had so much trouble...

twenty_glyphs
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by donniewhalberg:

Yeah, they sure are frustrating a lot of people with this. I like the work they are doing to create the products, but they are vastly understocking stuff and have this policy of doing limited runs on stuff instead of keeping products in inventory. With the encyclopedia, if you didn't pre-order it you are basically out of luck. That seems rather harsh, and there was really no warning that would happen.

They were going to release The Fall Deluxe Edition comic in comic shops this Wednesday, and that date had been set for quite a while according to comic shipping lists. Then I went to check it yesterday and now it's delayed by 4 weeks until 12/28. They really couldn't get it ready in time and need four more weeks? They had a post on their site showing they had received the comics back in mid to late October. So it seems that they did not order enough inventory and can't fulfill the orders to comic shops for 4 more weeks.

All of this pales in comparison to not receiving your Animus Edition from Ubishop, which is different from Ubiworkshop. I hope they get it to the TC because that will be unavailable to order again because it's a limited run as well.