PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute....

chazzbo77
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM
A plot hole in AC was just brought to my attention. The Animus lets you relive the life of your ancestor through their memory, but theoretically this memory would only go up to the point before the next in the bloodline was born, correct?

If so, then this means Ezio won't have a child until after his 40's, because how would his memory be magically transported into the DNA of his children if these events take place after their birth...? Am I missing something?

Choopius
11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by chazzbo77:
I just thought of a plot hole in AC. The Animus lets you relive the life of your ancestor through their memory, but theoretically this memory would only go up to the point before the next in the bloodline was born, correct?

If so, then this means Ezio won't have a child until after his 40's, because how would his memory be magically transported into the DNA of his children if these events take place after their birth...? Am I missing something?

Well, just because you have a kid doesn't mean you stop making memories. If anything you make more. Although I know some people that wish that they COULD forget....lol.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm currently having a debate about this in my mind now. I think that it possibly just has the genetic memory of the whole life of an ancestor, and also their children.

Either that or Ezio did have kids after he was 40 like my father and many of my friend's fathers.

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Men can still concieve at that age, if that's what you're curious about. Also, he'll be clearly be in excellent shape at the end of the game.

El_Sjietah
11-05-2009, 06:18 PM
It wasn't very common to have your first kid after your 40s in that time though.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
Men can still concieve at that age, if that's what you're curious about. Also, he'll be clearly be in excellent shape at the end of the game.

The ladies love a 'distinguished' man! lol

He could have multiple children, and the genetic memory could be passed through only a single child. Ezio had a brother and we don't play as him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Who says it'll be his first kid? Ezio very much seems the lady's man.

chazzbo77
11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Very true, I hadn't thought of that. It may not be his first child. And I do know men can conceive after 40, but from what I've read (here and other places) it was uncommon for a man to settle down so late in life (still is, I feel).

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by chazzbo77:
Very true, I hadn't thought of that. It may not be his first child. And I do know men can conceive after 40, but from what I've read (here and other places) it was uncommon for a man to settle down so late in life (still is, I feel).

Well Ezio is an assassin, I don't think that style of living will make it easy to settle down. God(s) know how Giovanni managed it.

craxe
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
not THAT uncommon, my brother was born when my dad was 43 and my mother 45 for example

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by craxe:
not THAT uncommon, my brother was born when my dad was 43 and my mother 45 for example

My dad was 39 when I was born. I have 2 younger siblings too.

An_Idea
11-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by craxe:

remember tho, medicine wasnt as advanced then as it is now. its a different situation

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by craxe:

remember tho, medicine wasnt as advanced then as it is now. its a different situation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that if someone led a healthy enough lifestyle that they could continue to be fertile until they were 40 in those days.

Jazerri
11-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Medicine might affect the average lifespan, as in the chance that Ezio lives to be that old, but it isn't going to do much about making pregnancy safer for the father.

CRUDFACE
11-05-2009, 06:51 PM
yeah, he's probably gonna have a kid after everything settles down. I mean, when you're out killing people all the time, it's kind of hard to think about children. I think they put the womanizing trait in there just so it would make sense later on. heheh...kinda happy I get to use an older assassin...

NekoKera
11-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Well anything is possible since Desmond's sequence only follows one unique family tree, not including uncles and aunts, who knows how many children any number of his ancestors could have had?

Oh I can just see it now...

"Join me and together we can rule the corruption of Italy..." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

"I'll never join you, you killed my father..." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

"No..Da Vinci didn't tell you everything...little Ezio....I am your father..." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

"Noooo...it's not possible the DNA sequence is corrupt..I'll never join you!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Actually, I find it strange noone ever seems to mention the implication that Vidic was psychically raping distant relatives of Desmond before they finally got what they wanted.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by mystic_wolf83:
Well anything is possible since Desmond's sequence only follows one unique family tree, not including uncles and aunts, who knows how many children any number of his ancestors could have had?

"Join me and together we can rule the corruption of Italy..." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

"I'll never join you, you killed my father..." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

"No..Da Vinci didn't tell you everything...little Ezio....I am your father..." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

"Noooo...it's not possible the DNA sequence is corrupt..I'll never join you!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

And then Darth Roderic Borjia chops off Ezio's hand and he falls into the sewers of Florence, only to be picked up by Mario and Paula.
The should have gotten James Earl Jones to voice Roderic Borjia (Pope Alexander VI), that would have been awesome.

UchihaKarasu
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by mystic_wolf83:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/UchihaKarasu/Funneh/luke_NOOOOOO.jpg

Edengoth
11-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
It wasn't very common to have your first kid after your 40s in that time though.
Please explain to me how anything about Ezio's circumstances is "common"? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

george_almighty
11-05-2009, 08:03 PM
They say that in the game the Animus reads a subjects DNA right? Well there is still a small portion of the DNA strand that has yet to be mapped and some experts believe that it is the genetic blueprint of the soul. If thats true than it can be theorized that the ancestor's soul gets imprinted on the next generations soul, but the later part would be for only in game purposes I would imagine. We are talking about a machine that is in and of itself a machine in a fictional game based on historical events.

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm just waiting for Desmond to be possessed by one of his ancestors.

bokeef04
11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Choopius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chazzbo77:
I just thought of a plot hole in AC. The Animus lets you relive the life of your ancestor through their memory, but theoretically this memory would only go up to the point before the next in the bloodline was born, correct?

Well, just because you have a kid doesn't mean you stop making memories. If anything you make more. Although I know some people that wish that they COULD forget....lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think he meant how would the DNA memory from the father be written into the kids DNA in regards to events after the kids birth, e.g(using Ezio and Giovanni for ease) say when Ezio is 2 years old Giovanni goes out and assassinates some person, does a little dance, whatever, how would that memory be written into Ezio's DNA for Desmond to relive

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choopius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chazzbo77:

Well, just because you have a kid doesn't mean you stop making memories. If anything you make more. Although I know some people that wish that they COULD forget....lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think he meant how would the DNA memory from the father be written into the kids DNA in regards to events after the kids birth, e.g(using Ezio and Giovanni for ease) say when Ezio is 2 years old Giovanni goes out and assassinates some person, does a little dance, whatever, how would that memory be written into Ezio's DNA for Desmond to relive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The genetic memories that where passed down from Altair to Giovanni skipped Fredriko (or whatever his name is) and went to Ezio, and Petrucio (again whatever it is) was too late.
It's obvious that Ezio's genetic memories are passed down to Desmond through a child (not necesarily his first) that Ezio has after the events of the game.

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
They did not skip Federico. His ancestors would have possessed Giovanni's memories as well, its just that Federico died and Ezio becomes Desmond's ancestor, thus we see Ezio's story.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 09:30 PM
They did not skip Federico. His ancestors would have possessed Giovanni's memories as well, its just that Federico died and Ezio becomes Desmond's ancestor, thus we see Ezio's story.

Why did the genetic memory not go through Mario then? He is Giovanni's brother is he not? I think the genetic memory is a specific line through the decendants of Altair, through specific siblings that are all gifted (like Altair, Ezio and Desmond, kind of like Darwins survival theory) and Fredrico wasn't the gifted son as I see it. But all we have is theories at the moment, so bring on November 17, 19 or 20!!!

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
This was explained quite clearly at the beginning of the first game. Everyone inherots their ancestor's memory, the only unique thing about Desmond is that he is descended from assassins and we have a new invention called the Animus to relive those distant memories.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 09:36 PM
This was explained quite clearly at the beginning of the first game. Everyone inherots their ancestor's memory, the only unique thing about Desmond is that he is descended from assassins and we have a new invention called the Animus to relive those distant memories.
I understand that ;P
I'm just speculating as to why we don't experience the genetic memory of the siblings of our characters.

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Presumably because they're not interesting, badass characters with amazing adventures.

HewieAlbino
11-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi there. New here.

To Myke013: I think the reason why we don't get to see Mario's or Fredrico's memories, is because Desmond is not a direct desecendent from them.

Meaning even though they are the siblings of his ancestors, their genetic memories do not get pass down to him.

CRUDFACE
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Myke013:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:

Why did the genetic memory not go through Mario then? He is Giovanni's brother is he not? I think the genetic memory is a specific line through the decendants of Altair, through specific siblings that are all gifted (like Altair, Ezio and Desmond, kind of like Darwins survival theory) and Fredrico wasn't the gifted son as I see it. But all we have is theories at the moment, so bring on November 17, 19 or 20!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Ezio is the closest link. Ezio is the last relative between Desmond and subject 16 that links the two together...and remmber that they picked Ezio right before, Spoiler: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Leaving Abstergo</span> We don't see Fredirico because Ezio is decended from Giovanni and we don't see through Mario for the same reasons. And Genetic memories can't "skip" a person...that's why it's genetic

the thing with the sould is going into religous stuff and can be compared to the bleeding effect.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Myke013:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:

Why did the genetic memory not go through Mario then? He is Giovanni's brother is he not? I think the genetic memory is a specific line through the decendants of Altair, through specific siblings that are all gifted (like Altair, Ezio and Desmond, kind of like Darwins survival theory) and Fredrico wasn't the gifted son as I see it. But all we have is theories at the moment, so bring on November 17, 19 or 20!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Ezio is the closest link. Ezio is the last relative between Desmond and subject 16 that links the two together...and remmber that they picked Ezio right before, Spoiler: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Leaving Abstergo</span> We don't see Fredirico because Ezio is decended from Giovanni and we don't see through Mario for the same reasons. And Genetic memories can't "skip" a person...that's why it's genetic

the thing with the sould is going into religous stuff and can be compared to the bleeding effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fredrico is also decended from Giovanni, what with being his son and all. I'm just speculating the line drawn through the families.

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
This brings up a question about Bloodlines. If it explains how Altair concieves his bloodline, then wouldn't it make the game the last Altair story? I know we're moving into the Ezio era of the series, but still...

CRUDFACE
11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Fredrico is also decended from Giovanni, what with being his son and all. I'm just speculating the line drawn through the families.

Yeah, I know...to bad what happened to him...wonder if Mario had any kids?

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
This brings up a question about Bloodlines. If it explains how Altair concieves his bloodline, then wouldn't it make the game the last Altair story? I know we're moving into the Ezio era of the series, but still...

I'm not sure whether it would be cool or not to play as Altair's child. Like a 10 year old assassin... And I've just realised I have an essay due in 3 hours.... Chuuuute....
EDIT

Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fredrico is also decended from Giovanni, what with being his son and all. I'm just speculating the line drawn through the families.

Yeah, I know...to bad what happened to him...wonder if Mario had any kids? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hopefully the game will tell us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CRUDFACE
11-05-2009, 10:01 PM

Yeah, they can make more altair game...but I don't think we'll get more than the one they're putting out for psp. I'm actually happy we get a new assassin. I wouldn't want Altair to get played out

Crimsonvash
11-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't know. Just took a whack at it.

The reason why you won't see Frederico, Petrucio, and Mario is because they are not direct descendants of the bloodline. Think of a Family tree where Mario is right of Giovanni. Mario is related but not a direct bloodline. Giovanni has his three sons. 2 die even if they were alive no memory would be in Desmond because they branched off in their own family tree. Ezio will lead to his children and once the child is born there the genetic dna memory from Ezio is cut off because the leads on and so on till Desmond. So this means he would have to have his child around 40.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I think Ezio will be about 47 at the end of the game. I'm pretty sure that he starts off as 17 and the game spans 30 years.