PDA

View Full Version : pedals for FB

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 08:54 AM
What are the best rudder pedals for il-2 FB?I'm thinking of buying something of that kind.

To search for perfection
It's all very well
But to look for Heaven
Is to live here in Hell

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 08:54 AM
What are the best rudder pedals for il-2 FB?I'm thinking of buying something of that kind.

To search for perfection
It's all very well
But to look for Heaven
Is to live here in Hell

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 09:25 AM
I've got the CH Pro USB pedals and they are very good.

Heard that some use their steering wheel pedals.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 09:48 AM
macca44 wrote:
- What are the best rudder pedals for il-2 FB?I'm
- thinking of buying something of that kind.
----------------------------------------

Only buy rudderpedals that are robust enough for your feet
in resting mode.= so u dont use your legg muscles all the time,lifting your feet when not using rudders.

only way to be sure,is trying them your self.

I wsnt happy with the ones i tried. So far the twisting stick rudder has worked the best.( = more fine tuned?)

I if anyone has tip of these "ROBUST" rudders it would be great. (cost?)

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 10:08 AM
I second the vote for CH Pro Pedals.

Very sturdy, very responsive.

Unfortunately pedals seem to be the single most expensive peripheral for flight simming (about UK 95 last time I checked) but are a big immersion boost.

Cheers,

SSS

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 11:05 AM
Gee, I didn't know they are that expensive.I've got Logitech Wingman 3d Force feedback with throttle and twisting stick,but it isn't as good as pedals,I suppose.Sometimes you wist the stick not noticing what you are doing,And miss enemy..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif )
Thx

To search for perfection
It's all very well
But to look for Heaven
Is to live here in Hell

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 11:09 AM
3RD vote

I have Logitech Wingman FF and added CH usb pedals,very nice.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Home made = best /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Yours
Killjoy

Killjoy2k2 a Nominee for the "Funniest community member" in The UBISOFT Community Awards 2002

<A HREF="Http://Www.Lamby.Tk/" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum/attachment.php3?s=&postid=57518
</A>
Visit Lamby3D at...
Lamby.tk (Http://www.Lamby.tk)
Visit Lamby3D Forums at...
Lamby-3D Forums (Http://www.3dhangout.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?,v=mindex,b=Lamby3dtalk)
KKS Forums (Http://members.lycos.co.uk/killjoyskillshack/forums/)

"All praise Killjoy!!!" - oFZo

Run, and I will see you.
Hide, and I will find you.
Fight, and I will kill you.
Terror from all directions.

UbiSoft's Angel
Killjoy2k2 , Killjoy , and dont forget YER!!! and maybe a MER!!!"

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Got my CH pedals here... http://www.provantage.com/ Nice pedals. If it is too much for the pocket right now consider the alternaticve of an X45 with the rudder rocker.

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 01:15 PM
And if, like me, you also get the X45 with MSFFB2 and CH Pedals the rudder control on the X45 becomes flaps (is that a slider? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif ).

Pedals makes a major difference over the twist axis on the joystick. Worth saving for!

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 01:22 PM
ob_swe wrote:

- Only buy rudderpedals that are robust enough for
- your feet
- in resting mode.= so u dont use your legg muscles
- all the time,lifting your feet when not using
- rudders.

Maybe...

The way I was taught to fly, is to never rest your toes on the toe brakes, but instead rest the heels on the floor and the toes on the steering part of the pedal. Move the feet up when you need to brake.

Unfortunately I don't think the CH-Pro pedals are very comfortable when flying like that. I also think the springs are too weak, and I don't like the strongly marked center position.
_
/Bjorn.