PDA

View Full Version : Authority Missions

Coltpython3
10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey guys this is my first post

I was watching Dev Diary 3 on youtube today and i heard about authority missions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Baj7RFrJr4g

between 1:16 and 1:20

I was thinking about this and thiought it was a really good idea.

Maybe in the beginning of the game your name and authority is stripped of its title.

i was thinking that throughout the game u can start doing jobs for important people and after evry few jobs u can be promoted each time. and after each promotion u can unlock bonuses such as better pay and maybe after a while u can become governer or something like dat...

these are my opinions so need to flame

what do u think these authority missions will be and how they will be structered?

**EDIT** OOOPPPSSS my bad guys thought the guy said Authority instead of notoriety.

well thanks to everyone who replied

DiamondBlade_R
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
They say "notoriety", not authority.

GariStz
10-05-2009, 12:18 PM
They actually say "notorious missions".
As an assassin, doing your work, you'll become notorious in the city and you have to do some side missions to lower down your notorious meter, otherwise the guards will recognize you more easily...

thekyle0
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
^What they said^

But talking about your idea, I think that it would be dipping a little too much into the RPG aspects. I think Ubi already went too far with parts of the economic system; Ex: Investing in Ezio's villa. Besides, Ezio isn't out to regain his lost honor like Altair was; he is out for revenge. It wouldn't make sense for him to be killing people one moment and then ferrying citizens around in a gondola the next.

(I'm aware that you didn't say anything about a gondola. I was just using it as an example of a job Ezio might end up doing if your idea was used in the game.)