PDA

View Full Version : Bombadier's position

Baletzan
11-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Sorry if this has been disgussed already but I couldn't find anything...
Ok, on coop flights why can't another player take the bombadier's (spelling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif) position? (Not sure if you can but doubt it) It's kinda lame that only the pilot can bomb since it's a coop. It might not work when inexperienced players without voice communication were flying, but with good teamwork and voice comms it would make bomber coops much more interesting. It would also make it easier when the pilot can concencrate flying the plane, while the bombadier can make the calculations adjust the bombsight and release the bombs. Also if on a coop all the seats an a plane are taken and one is the bombadier, he should also operate the front gun. It's kinda funny if someone is shooting the front gun while the other is using the bombsight. So somebody please confirm if it's possible or not, and if not is it possible to make it so?

Baletzan
11-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Sorry if this has been disgussed already but I couldn't find anything...
Ok, on coop flights why can't another player take the bombadier's (spelling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif) position? (Not sure if you can but doubt it) It's kinda lame that only the pilot can bomb since it's a coop. It might not work when inexperienced players without voice communication were flying, but with good teamwork and voice comms it would make bomber coops much more interesting. It would also make it easier when the pilot can concencrate flying the plane, while the bombadier can make the calculations adjust the bombsight and release the bombs. Also if on a coop all the seats an a plane are taken and one is the bombadier, he should also operate the front gun. It's kinda funny if someone is shooting the front gun while the other is using the bombsight. So somebody please confirm if it's possible or not, and if not is it possible to make it so?

Snootles
11-06-2004, 02:49 PM
At the very very least they should fix the "level autopilot" function so that it actually keeps the bomber on a perfectly straight and steady course instead of putting it into a very shallow dive, not bothering to compensate for torque, and somehow reducing trim response. Issues like that keep me from enjoying level bombers too much when I'm flying.

Athosd
11-06-2004, 09:10 PM
The pilot and bombardier positions are linked - both can control the aircraft, that's probably why they can't be split between players.

You can also apply the bomb sight settings from either pilot or bombardier positions.

When setting up for a bomb run I move to the bombardier position (not the nose gunner) and fly the plane from there - also fine tune the bomb sight before going to the sight view.

As Snootles noted the level autopilot is not much chop - only activate it, if needed, once you are already lined up - at the very least it will stabilise your sight so you can see through it. I'm pretty sure that trim control still works with the leveler on - so futher fine adjustment should be possible.

Enjoy

Athos

IIKG200Reverend
11-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Amen, Baletzan. I think this would have made manning the extra positions in co-ops much more fun and practical...I wonder if Athosd has a point, maybe there is a limitation to the code on this one.

Athosd has some great tips, but it's still a pain to fly and look through the bombsite simultaneously. Oh well, maybe they'll fix it and maybe not...plenty of other things Oleg and crew have to work on for PF that I'll be happy to see regardless.

Tully__
11-07-2004, 01:13 AM
What Athosd said. The bombardier has to be able to steer the plane (though only to a small degree) and the game engine doesn't support the aircraft being controlled by two different human players so there's no practical way to allow anyone but the pilot to occupy the bombardier's position.