PDA

View Full Version : Several things



thekyle0
09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I've been thinking about several minor topics that don't have their own threads so I decided to just put them all in one.

The first thing is boss fights. The newest articles on Bloodlines have mentioned boss fights in the game. This video (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/first-look-assassins-creed-bloodlines-for-psp/) shows an example. Will boss fights like these appear in AC2?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing that was on my mind was blending. Ezio can blend with any crowd. But what if he is in a place where there isn't necessarily a "crowd". By that I mean there isn't a close-together group of people but there is a 7 or 8 people walking on their own. I had the idea in another thread that the throw-coin ability should be able to make people swarm together to make a crowd for Ezio to hide in. In the commented gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/user/assassinscreedUK?blend=2&ob=1#play/all/uploads-all/1/k-NzkHRSwaQ) video at 2:21 you see that the bright pattern on the ground extends from where it was at 2:19. Assuming that the throw-coins tool can work this way, will Ezio get down and act as if he is searching for the coins as well? Or will he stand up in the middle of the people, still blended, but obviously sticking out. While I'm talking about the coins, can a person running for the coins collide with Ezio and knock him over? This question brought another more broad one to my mind. Will Ezio only blend with people walking around or will he blend with other groups such as dancing crowds in carnival?(or the people scrambling for coins which I mentioned before)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also was wondering how significant are the interactions within the cutscenes that were mentioned in Dev Diary 3. Are they just extras that can unlock an achievement or will they have a real effect on the story and character interaction?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was also curious about these "random event" missions such as the pickpocketeer. In dev diary 3 they said that there were several different kinds of these. What could those be? I remember reading something a long way back (I think it was near E3) that one of these random events would be that Ezio might see a group of theives being chased by guards and that the player could decide to help them or to continue on their way. (I'll post the source here if I manage to find it)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I just thought of another question. In the leaked footage we see Ezio looting the body of a guard. Will this only work on a guard or will Ezio be able to loot anybody? Thieves, citizens, mercenaries, etc.

SBRedFlag
09-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Nice topic, lots of interesting thoughts.

First of all, I think that boss fights would take away from AC2, because that would imply that your enemy would have some sort of "health" as well. It would just be a simple matter of hitting your enemy enough times, which isn't what the game is about. They probably did it for the PSP because the combat system has changed significantly in bloodlines.
------------------------------
I read that besides just hiding in the crowd, Ezio could also appear rapt in conversation with single people, but I don't remember the source.
------------------------------
Hopefully they don't do anything major, maybe just give you some extra money, items, or add to or decrease your notoriety.
------------------------------
Maybe you see a courtesan being raped by some guards (don't know where I saw that before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif) . Or someone tries to mug you, unaware of who you are. There are endless possibilities. Maybe some pickpocketeers are more stealthy, like Ezio, they don't grab your money then take off running. There are really endless possibilities.

caswallawn_2k7
09-18-2009, 03:34 PM
they said people can come up to you and take money from you, so you have to assume there will be some people who pick pocket you, meaning to get your cash back you would probably have to either take them out or pick pocket them.

thekyle0
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
they said people can come up to you and take money from you, so you have to assume there will be some people who pick pocket you, meaning to get your cash back you would probably have to either take them out or pick pocket them. That actually made me think of another question. I edited the original post to include it.

the amolang
09-18-2009, 09:48 PM
some interesting questions there...

I hope there are no boss fights, that just wouldn't fit, or at least not that kind... maybe a sword fight but nothing like a boss fight in that vid...

I think someone mentioned in an article something more about blending but I don't remember where...

Sypron
09-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
Another thing that was on my mind was blending. Ezio can blend with any crowd. But what if he is in a place where there isn't necessarily a "crowd". By that I mean there isn't a close-together group of people but there is a 7 or 8 people walking on their own. I had the idea in another thread that the throw-coin ability should be able to make people swarm together to make a crowd for Ezio to hide in. In the commented gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/user/assassinscreedUK?blend=2&ob=1#play/all/uploads-all/1/k-NzkHRSwaQ) video at 2:21 you see that the bright pattern on the ground extends from where it was at 2:19. Assuming that the throw-coins tool can work this way, will Ezio get down and act as if he is searching for the coins as well? Or will he stand up in the middle of the people, still blended, but obviously sticking out. While I'm talking about the coins, can a person running for the coins collide with Ezio and knock him over? This question brought another more broad one to my mind. Will Ezio only blend with people walking around or will he blend with other groups such as dancing crowds in carnival?(or the people scrambling for coins which I mentioned before)


Well, if you think about it, what are 7 or 8 people walking around doing? They're just walking around. So 'blending' with them would just be walking around in any manner. Regardless of whether you need to push a button to make this happen or not, what tactical advantage could it even have?

If a guard was chasing me, or simply on the lookout for me, a group of 7 to 8 people is not going to confuse him. By definition you need a higher density group of people before you can attempt to hide yourself with them.

thekyle0
09-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Sypron:
Well, if you think about it, what are 7 or 8 people walking around doing? They're just walking around. So 'blending' with them would just be walking around in any manner. Regardless of whether you need to push a button to make this happen or not, what tactical advantage could it even have? Yes but we've only seen Ezio blend with people who are "just walking around". So we can't assume that is all he will do.

Black_Widow9
09-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Please post in this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4001069287)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>