PDA

View Full Version : A quick-fix for sabotage

hueywolf123
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Everyone who uses SH3 commander 2.6 knows the feeling. Ahead flank, and the telegraph needle drops to stop. Go the the knot meter and crank it up, only to get around 13kts max - damn, the engines have been sabotaged.
Fear no more fellow kaleuns, I stumbled by accident across a solution.
When these disasters strike your proud little boat, go to your control room. Click on the CE with your right mouse button (yes, right click), and a set of dials comes up (the ones you see on the bulkhead behind the CE) among these is another knot meter, click on 20kts - you'll get it. I intercepted two tankers last night, thinking all was lost due to engine sabotage I accidentaly clicked on ole chieffy, got the dials, clicked on 20kts and loe & behold I was doing 20kts, caught them up and bagged them both.
I hope this works as well for you guys, just remember, all is not lost due to the sabotage as it seems only to work on the toolbar dials

Eoweth
10-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Cheater! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If you want to disable the malfunctions (sabotabge isn't on by default, only malfunctions) you can delete or move away all the "Randomized Events*.cfg" files in the c:\program files\sh3 commander\cfg folder. That'll stop those types of things happening to you.

hueywolf123
10-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure it is cheating http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif, As I'm only using the tools built into the game. The mod does not disable this telegraph, therefore I'm wondering if it's not the engine sabotaged but the controls

MothBalled
10-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by hueywolf123:
I'm not sure it is cheating http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif, As I'm only using the tools built into the game. The mod does not disable this telegraph, therefore I'm wondering if it's not the engine sabotaged but the controls

Nice save, good thinking.

Eoweth
10-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Actually I believe the 3D controls are seperate from the menubar as you discovered. There's a feature in NYGM which is "disabled", but you're able to reenable it via the 3D view controls.

Kaleun1961
10-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Ok, looks like I need a clueing in. What exactly is this randomization thing? I'm not yet using SH3 Cmdr 2.6 so I'm assuming it has a random events feature. Does this also include sabotage of your boat by those croissant munching cheese eating surrender monkeys?

arhoolie
10-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Don't know about that, but last night while in base (Lorient) prior to the start of another patrol I was informed that one of my warrant officers had been killed by local partisans. Meaning the French Resistance, I guess. It's hard for an occupying power out there!

Bootsmann0815
10-05-2006, 10:51 AM
The random equipment failure / sabotage on the one hand, and the randomized crew transfers are two different features in SH3C 2.6. You can switch off the crew transfers by unchecking the "Simulate realistic crew transfers" in Options - career options. The data for the randomization of transfers are found in the SH3 Options.cfg file.

The mechanical faults are found in the seven "Randomized events" cfg files (one for each of the years 39-45) and cannot be edited through the SH3C interface - only by manual editing, or be gotten rid of by renaming or deleting these files.