PDA

View Full Version : More updates

P-38_Lightning
07-13-2005, 08:14 PM

jarink
07-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by P-38_Lightning:
How about to have the possiblity to drive a vehicle (jeep) and to have the opportunity to shoot using artillery against enemy airplanes.

This isn't a FPS game. It's a flight sim only and will stay that way.

ZK-DABLIN
07-14-2005, 05:18 AM
An FPS ability in IL-2 would be completely mind-blowing. Imagine the playability this type of simulation would provide.

But I believe 1C already have too much on their plate already so I wouldn't hold your breath on this issue.

I believe completing what has already been started should remain priority. If 1C provided a method too allow 3rd party models and additions to IL-2 or even some compatibility with some other FPS simulation then maybe we would see somethink like this come to life.

But realistically, I don't see this going to happen. Well, there is nothing stopping people from hoping. Just don't let your hopes and expectations get too outrageous; Oleg and Co. are only human and must take this project in the most timely and economical method possible.

Maybe Battlefield 1942 would be of interest to you. The realism isn't quite their, but ****! The playability is so addictive.

masaker2005
07-14-2005, 06:48 AM
More airplanes. ( B-17)

VW-IceFire
07-14-2005, 07:02 AM
I agree with PlaneEater (2? in Poll).
I think all of us work for money, I would pay for that airplanes. and 1C have the possibility to earn keep earning money. Good for them and if we have updated monthly this great simulator, good for us. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

How about to have the possiblity to drive a vehicle (jeep) and to have the opportunity to shoot using artillery against enemy airplanes.
Want to drive jeeps and fly planes at the same time...head on over to Battlefield 1942, Battlfield Vietnam, and Battlfield 2. Does what you want....but you'll quickly notice that neither the jeeps, planes, or running along on the ground are very sophisticated because there are tradeoffs.

This is a flight sim, lets keep the level of detail there and not expand too far beyond what it should.

Feathered_IV
07-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Nate.

REDHAWK_1
07-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I have seen what FPS can do to a Flight Sim, Warbirds2005 have that stuff in it and so does Ace High 2, there u can drive tanks, carriers, destoryes and M-16 Quad 50's. Sure it is nice but it takes away the real meaning of a Flight Sims. In Warbirds 2005 and Aces High 2 every one either got in tanks and drove around taking out enemy air fields or little suppy bases and so on. What fun is that to the people who wants to fly Bombing Missions or Strike Missions. Also in there if u shot down an enemy plane u got get the kill. I seen guys have a hugh kill ratio just by useing the M-16 Quad 50's then the guys actually flying planes. Instead of being a Flight Sim it is more or less a tank game. So I would hate to see IL2 become like Warbirds or AH2. In Fighter Ace 3.5, u can start a tank take over if u destoryed a target, once u destoryed a target, it would trigger a tank attack on that target and if the tanks made it there then it would take over the target, also u could use a C-47 or JU 52 to transport troops to that target to take over it.
That I didnt mind, it would be nice to see some on the order where u hit a target troops on land would go for it and if they take it over then the lines would change. But this is just MPO. Remeber this is a Air Combat Flight Sim, not a tank game. Redhawk_1

Utchoud
07-15-2005, 07:39 AM
I don't fully understand the poll question (probably my problem), so I didn't vote. What have aircraft carriers to do with the possibility of driving vehicles in the game? IMO, some CVs should be added to the game, too, as additional AI ships.

Otherwise, I bought a flight simulator and I want a flight simulator. If I wanted an FPS, I would have bought an FPS. Il-2 series should stay as is.

triggerhappyfin
07-15-2005, 05:09 PM

How about to have the possiblity to shoot using artillery against enemy airplanes.

<span class="ev_code_RED">This would be gteate to deal with attacks on homebaseOnly we could convinse Oleg there are possibility to make paid for addons...he really dont need to make all chances in the game for free.</span> http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JunkoIfurita
07-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Another paid add-on would be lovely but we have to be realistic: it's been shown that Maddox Games makes very, VERY little out of sales outside of Russia - UbiSoft makes a cut, but due to trade taxes and exchange rates, etc, it's not a very profitable venture. Which is why there's been talk of another Russian add-on, but not a 'rest of the world' one yet.

Oleg's given us a great deal - and it's good for him in that it keeps a core, interested customer base for him to point to when he needs funding for his next sim, but in the strict, 'money for product' sense Maddox games doesn't earn worthwhile cash outside of Eastern Europe.

----

JG7_Rall
07-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Nate.

Whats up?

LStarosta
07-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Nate.

Whats up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DaNg!!!111 j0oR p0opuler.

JG7_Rall
07-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Nate.

Whats up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DaNg!!!111 j0oR p0opuler. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've aquired quite a large gay fan base ever since that "post a picture of yourself" thread in the general discussion forum.

SaQSoN
07-15-2005, 10:48 PM
but in the strict, 'money for product' sense Maddox games doesn't earn worthwhile cash outside of Eastern Europe.

You are quite wrong here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Most of the profit from standalone games, released by 1C:MG was recieved from outside-Russian market.
However, with the add-ons it's completely different, because at the West they sell much worse, then stand-alones, while inside ex-USSR, the sales of standalone and add-ons are similar in numbers.
The reason for that (in my opinion) is that the price for both add-on and stand-alone game here is usually the same, but still very cheap (no more, then $20). Plus, smaller publishing expences due to less regulated market (no ratings, insurances, less taxes, simplier distribution system, etc.)

GerritJ9
07-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Part of the problem, at least here in Holland, may be simply lack of availability of the add-ons. The original IL2, FB and PF can easily be found..... but finding the Ace Expansion Pack is another matter. Without it, you cannot run FB and PF merged. UBI's marketing leaves somewhat to be desired here. There is no mention of the possibility of running them as a merged install on the box- at least, not on mine. Only if you are lucky enough to get a salesman in the shop who knows about this will you be alerted to this possibility.

GerritJ9
07-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Furthermore, 1C add-ons such as "Dorogi Voini" are simply not available here, or the new "Kurs na Okinawu". UBI/1C are missing sales here, I think.

neil_1821
07-16-2005, 10:34 AM
i think that it would be kool if after you ditched in the water or near an enemy ship a small movie came on showing you being resuced by a PBy or taken prisoner by the japs. I like how oleg expanded the bailing out by having him run and then jump but i rekon a rendered movie would be cool. Or maybe if you bail out or crash land near your aerodrome (presuming it's on land) that you could drive a vehicle to the officers mess or something. Although i wouldn't want to make the game too complicated

csThor
07-16-2005, 10:38 AM
The Problem is Ubisoft. It's a typical provider which won't invest more money than absolutely necessary. I mean the "advertisement campaigns" (what an euphemism http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif ) for FB, AEP and PF - at least in Germany - were simply a joke.

Mission packs are simply not profitable enough to be placed on the market. At least not for a company with the size of Ubisoft.

airdale1960
07-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I would buy aircraft add-ons for IL-2 Sturmovik, FB/AEP/PF. And would like to see a world map so we can have WWII or any what-if scenario from 1930-1945. Maybe allied intervention against Japan over China; British and French intervention against Germany in the Sudeten Crisis; Soviet solidarity with Poland in 1939.

csThor
07-18-2005, 10:46 AM
"World Map" is not possible with the technology used by the Il-2 engine.

Tater-SW-
07-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Seems like they could do electronic distribution for things like 3d party ad-ons, and avoid distribution costs except for bandwidth.

tater

Bearcat99
07-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by csThor:
"World Map" is not possible with the technology used by the Il-2 engine.

You are so right.. and this is one of the reasons why 1C wants to go to BoB.. I am hoping that by the time BoBcomes out it will be able to use the PPU.. and then the CPU and video card can do more computing for things like that.

csThor
07-19-2005, 10:16 AM
That PPU stuff - well I don't think it will be a variable in the equation. From the things I've read it has a tight set of requirements for the coding. I don't think MG is going to put such a millstone around their neck.

And who knows if it's ever going to become a standard piece of hardware. Until that happens it remains a niche product - and if a niche product (flightsim) requires a niche product (PPU) to work properly you're asking for a low number of sales. I don't think Ubi would sit by idly, either.

airdale1960
07-19-2005, 12:02 PM
1st: Why no world maps? 2nd: If world maps aren't possible, get more maps of all major battles, and some early WWII maps. P.S. What is a PPU?

Scrapper_511
07-19-2005, 04:21 PM
What does the title of this thread, its comments, and poll, have to do with each other??? I was lost at "More".

csThor
07-19-2005, 11:43 PM
airdale

1st. Why no World Map?

As I said the technology behind the Il-2 maps can't do that. Theoretically it could, but there is no computer in the world to run that map. For example the Gulf of Finland map takes easily some 350-400 MB of RAM - that's what modern PC's can choke, but not much more.

2nd: If world maps aren't possible, get more maps of all major battles, and some early WWII maps.

Map-making in FB/PF is a long and complicated process. And since Maddox Games has already switched priority to developing BoB I dare to say that new maps are a no-no because of time and ressource restrictions.

airdale1960
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Danke shon,
Too much overhead, makes since, The Gulf of Finland map always runs a little slower for me. So, a few more planes, maybe, and IL2/AEP/PF is finished.