PDA

View Full Version : Is there any difference....and a few other questions/comments...

MarkThomas1963
10-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Just wondering something; after patrolling your designated area for 24 hours, does it matter if you just hit 'Esc' and 'Return to Base', or actually cruise all the way back to your base and end your patrol there....? Will you get awareded more Prestige? Or increase your chances of getting promoted higher than Lieutenant Sr. ? Or increase your chances of winning more medals?

Another question...
15 meters per second wind speeds...what does that translate into miles per hour?

I just installed Patch 1.4b, and I love it...my first patrol out after the patch (early in my career) I snuck into Loch Ewe and found the battleships Nelson and Revenge anchored there (sunk both) along with a T3 Tanker (also sunk). Never seen both battleships in the same horbor before, thought I had missed the Revenge in Scapa Flow, so I was surprised when it showed up at Loch Ewe.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Thomas

Gunnersman
10-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi MarkThomas,
You can just hit esc if you want but you dont get the 100 renown (I think) if you were to bring her back to port.
Actually you only need to get within 30km or so. Once you get within 30km then you can press esc to get the 100 renown.

froschman
10-13-2005, 03:41 AM
Wind speed 15 m/s is 33 miles per hour, not very much, but I have not seen more anywhere in the game.

To convert, just write "15 m/s in miles per hour" in the Google search field, and you get the conversion done easily. I have not found that trick myself, "jooo9" in this forum has told it.

baggygreen
10-13-2005, 06:33 AM
froschman,

i found myself caught in a flaming big storm northwest of scotland on my 16th patrol, i actually ended up spending about 18 hours (TC 1024) underwater just to try and avoid the annoying little shallow depth dial from bugging me so much! windspeed 18m/s! i couldnt believe it! it was dec 40.

froschman
10-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I have seen bad weather with big waves, but the wind speeds are pretty low, I think. Does our navigation officer measure it too low? 15-18 m/s is close to the lower values for a gale. I have found a wind speed table at:

http://www.ikiteboarding.com/windspeed.html

Froschman