PDA

View Full Version : On Ubisoft and it's Reputation...

master_sh4k3
09-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I am in the spyring...no I'm not recruiting...and I took the latest poll. One question in the poll asks you to voice your opinions on the pros/cons of Ubi. This is what I think:

(skip the bold if you really don't give a !@%# what I think)

Ubisoft has it's pros and cons like any other videogame company. Ubisoft is split into different branches, and each of the branches has a reputation. The Montreal branch has a reputation for "shaky" multiplayer.

Ubisoft in general is not very proficient in customer satisfaction POST-sale. It seems that they "abandon" their games (such as the previous Splinter Cells) to make more time (and money) on a sequel. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory still has a plethora of rather widely known glitches, bugs, exploits, and cheats. Some of these exploits are major while in-game, others are minor, but still detract from the gameplay.

They only provided two multiplayer maps for download, Steel Squat and Polar Base. Polar Base seemed slapped together, it's level design still VERY buggy. About a quarter of the map is known as the "no-neck zone" as I call it. There is a glitch that "disables" the spies' ability to snap a neck or knock a merc unconscious. The merc has to stay in the spies' arms until he "chokes out", and this can cause problems.

Ubisoft's post-sale support is horrible, and it severely brings down my opinion of them as a whole.

They DO create amazing and immersive single player campaigns, and their multiplayer ideas are innovative and refreshing to break away from the norm of gaming. The Splinter Cell series is one of my favorites, but post-sale customer satisfaction needs some major work.

Thank you for reading (if in fact you actually read this far).

I wonder if anyone will ever read it, or if it's just a random field that ends up discarded into some memory bank.

master_sh4k3
09-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I am in the spyring...no I'm not recruiting...and I took the latest poll. One question in the poll asks you to voice your opinions on the pros/cons of Ubi. This is what I think:

(skip the bold if you really don't give a !@%# what I think)

Ubisoft has it's pros and cons like any other videogame company. Ubisoft is split into different branches, and each of the branches has a reputation. The Montreal branch has a reputation for "shaky" multiplayer.

Ubisoft in general is not very proficient in customer satisfaction POST-sale. It seems that they "abandon" their games (such as the previous Splinter Cells) to make more time (and money) on a sequel. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory still has a plethora of rather widely known glitches, bugs, exploits, and cheats. Some of these exploits are major while in-game, others are minor, but still detract from the gameplay.

They only provided two multiplayer maps for download, Steel Squat and Polar Base. Polar Base seemed slapped together, it's level design still VERY buggy. About a quarter of the map is known as the "no-neck zone" as I call it. There is a glitch that "disables" the spies' ability to snap a neck or knock a merc unconscious. The merc has to stay in the spies' arms until he "chokes out", and this can cause problems.

Ubisoft's post-sale support is horrible, and it severely brings down my opinion of them as a whole.

They DO create amazing and immersive single player campaigns, and their multiplayer ideas are innovative and refreshing to break away from the norm of gaming. The Splinter Cell series is one of my favorites, but post-sale customer satisfaction needs some major work.

Thank you for reading (if in fact you actually read this far).

I wonder if anyone will ever read it, or if it's just a random field that ends up discarded into some memory bank.

WhiteKnight77
09-05-2006, 06:10 PM
They don't want me to post my opinion. Wait, they already know my feelings about their support or vision of what a game should be.

Woosy
09-05-2006, 06:17 PM
I would write them an e-mail to either a community manager or someone who works in their customer service department. When I had my 101 issues with GRAW I sent them an e-mail about it and got a satisfactory reply, it's more likely to get read that way. Feedback good or bad is always useful in the support areas.