PDA

View Full Version : NO Rudder Pedals with Cougar plugged in

cat32
07-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Here is the case.
I am using my wheel pedals as rudders in all my other flight sim games. Pedals work fine in all other games with cougar except PF.

When I have just the wheel and pedals pulled in I can assign the pedals to the control the rudders and PF assigns -Y -Axis ID4 to rudders.

Now when I plug in the cougar my wheel pedals no longer work in PF and I cannot assign the pedals to the rudders in PF but the cougar works just fine.

I did have this working all together before but I did a reinstall of my OS and reinstalled PF. But I forgot how I got it all to work before.

Cougar setup is setup to behave like a simple Joystick with buttons activating DirectX buttons in Windows.

Any suggetsion on how to get this to work?

Thanks
Cat
VFS 32nd Arctic Knights

cat32
07-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Here is the case.
I am using my wheel pedals as rudders in all my other flight sim games. Pedals work fine in all other games with cougar except PF.

When I have just the wheel and pedals pulled in I can assign the pedals to the control the rudders and PF assigns -Y -Axis ID4 to rudders.

Now when I plug in the cougar my wheel pedals no longer work in PF and I cannot assign the pedals to the rudders in PF but the cougar works just fine.

I did have this working all together before but I did a reinstall of my OS and reinstalled PF. But I forgot how I got it all to work before.

Cougar setup is setup to behave like a simple Joystick with buttons activating DirectX buttons in Windows.

Any suggetsion on how to get this to work?

Thanks
Cat
VFS 32nd Arctic Knights

FoolTrottel
07-22-2006, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I have just the wheel and pedals pulled in I can assign the pedals to the control the rudders and PF assigns -Y -Axis ID4 to rudders.

Now when I plug in the cougar my wheel pedals no longer work in PF and I cannot assign the pedals to the rudders in PF but the cougar works just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could this make the pedals move to ID5?
IL2 supports up to 4 controllers, what if you unplug one of the other game controllers?

cat32
07-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Ah, FoolTrottel you just made things all come to light.
Thanks.

What I think is happening is this.
My Saitek keyboard looks like 3 input devices to some games. So when I plug in just the wheel/pedal combo it comes up as Joystick #4 in PF. Now when I plug in the Cougar it boecomes input device # 4 and the wheel/pedals become input device # 5. PF only supports 4 input devices.

So the fix is I have to disable the USB Human Interface Device for the saitek keyboard and hopefully everything will be good. I'll try it tonight but I do remeber doing this before I reinstall OS and PF and it fixed my problem.

Later
Cat