PDA

View Full Version : Newbie having problems with PF

Dogfighter1969
10-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Recently bought an Exclusive PF game. However since I installed it my pc crashes to desktop. This happens when playing PF as well as anything else. The problem is definitely due to PF as it is the only thing that I have installed in a long time. Problems started immediately after I installed and played the first time.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

skissors
10-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Un-install Pacific Fighters and check to make sure it is PF that is crashing your PC.(as you said it happens with other programs as well)

Also do a scan of your PC for Viruses.

Make sure your Video card drivers, direct X and sound drivers are up to date.

dtk419
10-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the forum Dogfighter, lots to learn here. I also started w/ PF and then later merged to 4.05 I had simular problems, what I found that helped me was, cut down on the programs running in the background. You can turn off certain programs that are not needed, if you try this Google the program, see what it is and if neccesary. I used one by www.mlin.net, (http://www.mlin.net,) go into start program and follow along. There's another, FS Auto Start, you again can Google to find, never tried it.
Good Luck, if it doesn't work, check back for the real brains and their suggestions.
Pooka

Dogfighter1969
10-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the tips. Will try it.

Blanche2005
10-12-2006, 10:22 AM
An excerpt from Readme_v402:

"If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)"

Maybe that will help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

major_setback
10-12-2006, 11:58 AM
You need the patches. PF did the same for me before patching.

I hope someone can tell you which ones to get, otherwise look at the 'stickies' at the top of this forum page (marked with a red exclamation mark), there should be some information on patching there. You really need to patch for it to work well.

Look at the General Discussion forum too, here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=23110283<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Signaurepic004BESTframe014small.jpg
<span class="ev_code_PINK">My Aim is True.</span>

Dogfighter1969
10-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Just a helluva lot of patching to do. For some or other reason the Exclusive PF version I got came out at version 3. Can't see why they didn't include all patches that were out at the time that they released it under the Exclusive name. Patching I need to do to get it up to date is well over 100Mb and maybe even close to 200Mb. Haven't added it up really but it looks like about 4 or 5 patches in total. Will first try Blanche2005's advice and see if I can get along without all the patching. Once again thanks for all the advice from everybody.

horseback
10-13-2006, 12:09 PM
I had similar problems when I installed/merged PF with my existing Forgotten Battles, which was up to version 2.4, I believe. Adding PF brought me up to version 3.0. There have been about 5 or six patches since then, bringing most of us up to 4.04 or 4.05, although many off-line players are convinced that the AI got totally screwed up after 4.01 or 4.02, and are staying there until the issue is addressed.

What finally fixed most of my PF problems was getting my motherboard drivers brought up to date, especially my Via 4-in-1 drivers. That's one of the places you might want to investigate if your troubles persist.

Bear in mind that this is a very system intensive game; you MUST have the minimum system requirements to get it to run at minimum (low video and sound) settings. Personally, I'd say that a fast 128Mb video card, a dedicated sound card and a Gb of RAM are needed to really get you started at playable levels.

We might be able to give you some more specific pointers if you posted your system specs, like your processor type, RAM, video card model, and so on.

Welcome to the community. You'll find that most here are friendly and will try to help newcomers.

cheers

horseback<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

Dogfighter1969
10-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi Horseback,
Thanks for that. My systems specs are 2.5Ghz processor, 1 Gb Ram and Nvidia FX5200 g/card with 128 MB. Problem seems to have been sorted though. During the weekend I changed over from Windows 2000 to XP, which is a lot better for gaming. Haven't had a problem during the weekend so it looks like my problems is at an end, touch wood.
Regards