PDA

View Full Version : NO HELP

cripp1958
06-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Do you have to be a programmer to get this game to work. Made sure that I had all the requirements before I purchased this game. Load the game and if it it not running like a 386, it locks up. If i do get to the point of starting a mission it locks up. Go to support and don't get any help. It's 2005, I shouldn't have to configure my machine, put patches in, or anything else. Like all the other software I buy, the software looks at my computer and figures out what I have and configures it for my computer. OK, enough complaining. What I am looking for is someone that has had similar problems and has found the solution to fix it. I am an old guy. And I use to play a combat game in the mid 80's on my 386 and got hooked. Ever since then I haven't found a combat game that will work on my computer when I install it. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

cripp1958
06-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Do you have to be a programmer to get this game to work. Made sure that I had all the requirements before I purchased this game. Load the game and if it it not running like a 386, it locks up. If i do get to the point of starting a mission it locks up. Go to support and don't get any help. It's 2005, I shouldn't have to configure my machine, put patches in, or anything else. Like all the other software I buy, the software looks at my computer and figures out what I have and configures it for my computer. OK, enough complaining. What I am looking for is someone that has had similar problems and has found the solution to fix it. I am an old guy. And I use to play a combat game in the mid 80's on my 386 and got hooked. Ever since then I haven't found a combat game that will work on my computer when I install it. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

ImpStarDuece
06-27-2005, 08:08 AM
What, specifically, is the problem?

Jex_TG
06-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Are you still using the same PC from the 80's?

If not then post your specs up and provide a detailed account of what is happening.

Re-read your post as if you were reading it for the first time - what in it helps us to help you?

Jaws2002
06-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Hello Sir.
Welcome. There are a lot of people here that may be able to help you.
I would sugest posting in Comunity Help Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/49310655)

Make sure you add your computer specs in the message. A DX Diag would help, so they know exactly how your hardware should work with PF.
There are grteat guys there that can help you for sure.

For DX Diag instructions:DX Diag instructions (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/system.htm)

VW-IceFire
06-27-2005, 08:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cripp1958:
Do you have to be a programmer to get this game to work. Made sure that I had all the requirements before I purchased this game. Load the game and if it it not running like a 386, it locks up. If i do get to the point of starting a mission it locks up. Go to support and don't get any help. It's 2005, I shouldn't have to configure my machine, put patches in, or anything else. Like all the other software I buy, the software looks at my computer and figures out what I have and configures it for my computer. OK, enough complaining. What I am looking for is someone that has had similar problems and has found the solution to fix it. I am an old guy. And I use to play a combat game in the mid 80's on my 386 and got hooked. Ever since then I haven't found a combat game that will work on my computer when I install it. Any help would be greatly appriciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I sympathise with your predicament but there are many ways that things can go wrong with combat games such as these and there is a large community of people willing to help you through your troubles if you're willing to listen to them.

Goto the Community Help forum, post your DXDIAG there, and people like Steve_V and others may be able to help. Heck I may be able to help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm not a programmer either. So its quite doable. But be prepared to get to know your computer a bit better...flight sims are the most demanding games you will ever play. Not Half Life, nor Doom 3, nor any other game will challenge your PC to its limits like a flight sim.

Welcome to the addiction http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cripp1958
06-27-2005, 10:04 AM
First thanks for your reply's
No, I am not running an 80's computer.
He is what I have.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DCQKT931
System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
System Model Dimension 2400
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2193 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A02, 7/31/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name DCQKT931\Rob Smallenbroek
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 128.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 13.51 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 306.73 MB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

What the problem is that when I load, everything slows down, way down. When I doudle click the PF icon, it takes about 15 minutes to load. Then it comes to a movie, which say's to hit escape to continue, which it doesn't and the movie takes about 15 minutes to play. Then it come to the mission screen. When I click any mission, it takes about 15 minnutes to load and then it locks up my system. That's where I am at.

Waldo.Pepper
06-27-2005, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Total Physical Memory 128.00 MB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this a joke?

Jaws2002
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
128 megs of ram is not enough for windows.
you need at least 512 to run it acceptable

Jex_TG
06-27-2005, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Total Physical Memory 128.00 MB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this a joke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there is your problem. Windows XP and 128mb just won't cut it. You should get at least 512mb (half a gig of ram) and you'll see a massive improvement. Memory is pretty cheap these days, and half a gig should cost around $50.00

cripp1958
06-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Your right! See that is why these forumn's are so good. I didn't notice that my RAM was so low. Let me work on that and if I still have problems I will post on the community board.

Waldo.Pepper
06-27-2005, 10:37 AM
GET A GIG or you will not be happy!

Old_Canuck
06-27-2005, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
GET A GIG or you will not be happy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that, Sir (from one old guy to another). I recently bumped the RAM up to 2 gigs and now the only bottleneck is the narrowing arteries to my brain.

Glad these young pups were able to help you. They're a good bunch and they're the main reason I keep hanging around this forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jaws2002
06-27-2005, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cripp1958:
Your right! See that is why these forumn's are so good. I didn't notice that my RAM was so low. Let me work on that and if I still have problems I will post on the community board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, wait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
Please post the whole Dx Diag. There is a lot of info missing here. Run all the tests and save info. Copy and paste here your results (or beter in Comunity help).
I just wounder what videocard you have.

Waldo.Pepper
06-27-2005, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Made sure that I had all the requirements before I purchased this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm.