PDA

View Full Version : how can i fly AI planes

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 04:56 PM
hi
can someone give me a guide (or better still a walk-through) of how i can fly AI planes ( i know its possible w/o the cockpit). -
-if i create a server but stay offline can i do it ?
-is there any special application or file modification necessary
-does it differ for il2 and FB
is it possible only in Coop or in DF too?

thanks in advance

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 04:56 PM
hi
can someone give me a guide (or better still a walk-through) of how i can fly AI planes ( i know its possible w/o the cockpit). -
-if i create a server but stay offline can i do it ?
-is there any special application or file modification necessary
-does it differ for il2 and FB
is it possible only in Coop or in DF too?

thanks in advance

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 11:09 PM
There are some specific mission, modified and with AI planes added. I had a link from where to download those , but I losted, IIRC was something like Aces artwork or something.
Anyway you will be able to fly AI planes without the cockpit(F2 or F8 key).
Try google on Aces Artwork and try your luck.

"The show must go on..."
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Yes, there are maps where you can fly with all Planes, AI (Artificial Intelligence) ones as well, but externally only, they do not have cockpits as they were never intended to be flown these were not modelled, also u can bomb with the bombers, try the PE8 with a 5000 lb bomb. on some you can use the guns, like the fighters, but some of the bombers the guns are Automatic leaving you just to fly them and bomb.

There are online games you will see with AI missions, mainly on the UBI server as i am lead to believe they don't fly them much on HyperLobby.

You can also fly them off line by setting up a multiplayer server running it but you will have no one attacking you except flak, although it will give you the opportunity to hone your skills in them.

You can download some for Forgotten Battles here

http://members.cox.net/cx570578a/_htmdir/_missionPg.html

Remember to fly a normal aircraft first before using one of the AI ones as the controls will not respond until you have.

Hope thats of some help to you /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 11:48 AM
thanks thats great

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 12:02 PM
to pilot AI planes

create a dogfight mission

on the base you want to make the AI planes available, i suggest you don't make all regular planes available (you'll understand why later), remove at least one of them.

after saving your mission to disk, time to edit the .mis file (with notepad)
there you will find the list of planes available for your base (if you leave all planes available, you won't see it, this is why it is better to remove one while in the editor)
you only have to add the names of the planes you want to became flyable (at this stage you can add the one you removed to have the list as well)...

et voila!!!

two importants things to keep in mind :

the name of the plane must correspond to its name in the game (usually the name of the folder where you copy the skins for that plane do perfectly)

you need to start with a plane that is flyable before you can take commands of one that normally isn't.

and while we speak of it, remember that you will be flying a plane whose FM is very simplified for AI use... Don't expect it to be as detailed and realist than the regular flyable planes FM ...

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 05:33 PM
AI are flyable on all maps, You just have to type in plane codes in the column where regular planes are....simple.