PDA

View Full Version : Why do the special editions of Revelations suck for Canada?

lone-momo
09-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Isn't Ubisoft based in Montreal? I can see the building from my house.

What the hell guys.

Does anyone know if the UK version (ie the collector's edition) will work on a Canadian PS3? Or will there be zoning issues?

Blind2Society
09-27-2011, 10:29 PM
You should go there and ask. While you're there ask why the US versions suck as well and tell them to hurry up with the dev diaries. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RzaRecta357
09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
We get the gamestop thing which has most stuff.

We don't get the doctor or the turkish assassin skin which are the two things I really wanted.

However I can't wait and need the game the morning it releases so I don't want to risk ordering it.

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Ubisoft is a French company. Ubisoft Montreal is their canadian division. Hence, Europeans are obviously going to get more options if it's a company in their own continent.

RzaRecta357
09-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Regardless, AC was conceived and contines to be done by the montreal branch. We should at least get some awesome versions! It's out people waking up and working on the MAIN part every day :P

johnnyhayek
09-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by lone-momo:
Isn't Ubisoft based in Montreal? I can see the building from my house.

What the hell guys.

Does anyone know if the UK version (ie the collector's edition) will work on a Canadian PS3? Or will there be zoning issues?

I might go to Montreal soon. One question: Are people who aren't employees allowed to go inside the Ubi building? I would really like to do so if I go.

Blind2Society
09-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Of course they are, but how are you planning on gaining an audience, or are you? Just going there to see what's up I imagine maybe try to get a tour.

johnnyhayek
09-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Of course they are, but how are you planning on gaining an audience, or are you? Just going there to see what's up I imagine maybe try to get a tour.

Well of course I'll try to get to the development areas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif but honestly, even if I don't, it would just be amazing to be inside the building where my favorite video game series of all time was and is being created http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Abeonis
09-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Actually, the latest Volt blog on ubiworkshop.com explicitly says that only employees (or invited guests) are allowed in the building.

Biomedical-Fire
09-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Ubisoft is a French company. Ubisoft Montreal is their canadian division. Hence, Europeans are obviously going to get more options if it's a company in their own continent. I always love the "Well it's an European company" excuse as to why that North America doesn't get the same CE treatment as Europe. That argument became an moot point a long time ago when both American and Canadian Developers started making their CE's available to everyone the world over. I would love to hear for myself from Ubisoft themselves as to why we don't get the same CE's as Europe.

Calvarok
09-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Ubisoft is a French company. Ubisoft Montreal is their canadian division. Hence, Europeans are obviously going to get more options if it's a company in their own continent. I always love the "Well it's an European company" excuse as to why that North America doesn't get the same CE treatment as Europe. That argument became an moot point a long time ago when both American and Canadian Developers started making their CE's available to everyone the world over. I would love to hear for myself from Ubisoft themselves as to why we don't get the same CE's as Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe making CE's when based in europe is more costly than when based in north america.

Obviously Ubisoft is only doing what they think is best for busness, and if they decide they don't want to get extra money abroad, then that must logically mean that something will happen that makes it actually cost more to do CEs everywhere. Because seriously, a CE is a huge profit vs manufacturing cost win. I don't think they're just arbitrarily not sending them over here.

Biomedical-Fire
09-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Well, whatever their reasons are, I'm tired of seeing my Ubisoft stock decline because they refuse to sell CE's here which are obvious money makers.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Ubisoft is a French company. Ubisoft Montreal is their canadian division. Hence, Europeans are obviously going to get more options if it's a company in their own continent. I always love the "Well it's an European company" excuse as to why that North America doesn't get the same CE treatment as Europe. That argument became an moot point a long time ago when both American and Canadian Developers started making their CE's available to everyone the world over. I would love to hear for myself from Ubisoft themselves as to why we don't get the same CE's as Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That doesn't go for all games by far.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 01:54 AM

I've been looking for one for a while now. I just want to see a statement as to why they're making so many editions and why NA's has been downgraded in design and physical bonuses. This is the first time that we can't even get an artbook or any kind of case for some reason. I asked like three times on their facebook page, but they just ignored me.

Krayus Korianis
09-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:

I've been looking for one for a while now. I just want to see a statement as to why they're making so many editions and why NA's has been downgraded in design and physical bonuses. This is the first time that we can't even get an artbook or any kind of case for some reason. I asked like three times on their facebook page, but they just ignored me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As they will continue to ignore you because you aren't asking a question they want to ever answer.

I too want to know why Ubisoft Montréal doesn't release a NA CE. It's basically the SAME cost vs. profit for Europe as it is in NA. Shipping doesn't figure into it as they can have the development code put on CD's in NA, same as Europe. Cost of the paper to make the box is about 10 cents in their mass production figures or lower. Plastic is about the same for the game case, some places even lower.

Seriously, bout time we get some answers :|

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:

I've been looking for one for a while now. I just want to see a statement as to why they're making so many editions and why NA's has been downgraded in design and physical bonuses. This is the first time that we can't even get an artbook or any kind of case for some reason. I asked like three times on their facebook page, but they just ignored me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As they will continue to ignore you because you aren't asking a question they want to ever answer.

I too want to know why Ubisoft Montréal doesn't release a NA CE. It's basically the SAME cost vs. profit for Europe as it is in NA. Shipping doesn't figure into it as they can have the development code put on CD's in NA, same as Europe. Cost of the paper to make the box is about 10 cents in their mass production figures or lower. Plastic is about the same for the game case, some places even lower.

Seriously, bout time we get some answers :| </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, that's why I stopped posting them a while ago. the statement wouldn't make me feel 100% better, but it would soften it a bit.

Biomedical-Fire
09-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by t260z: I know, that's why I stopped posting them a while ago. the statement wouldn't make me feel 100% better, but it would soften it a bit. Exactly, I'd like to see some kind of a statement as to why they feel that N.A. isn't deserving of some type of an Collector's Edition. And you're right, we don't even get a simple little art book that Ubiworkshop could throw together in 10 minutes. It's like when the Black Edition came out for ACII, Patrice even said that he couldn't get the Black Edition because of being in Canada and that he even worked for the Company. But don't feel bad, even as a stockholder I can't get answers as to why we're not getting either the Animus or Collector's Editions of Revelations.

CRUDFACE
09-30-2011, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z: I know, that's why I stopped posting them a while ago. the statement wouldn't make me feel 100% better, but it would soften it a bit. Exactly, I'd like to see some kind of a statement as to why they feel that N.A. isn't deserving of some type of an Collector's Edition. And you're right, we don't even get a simple little art book that Ubiworkshop could throw together in 10 minutes. It's like when the Black Edition came out for ACII, Patrice even said that he couldn't get the Black Edition because of being in Canada and that he even worked for the Company. But don't feel bad, even as a stockholder I can't get answers as to why we're not getting either the Animus or Collector's Editions of Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel like I can watch everything deteriorate step by step. AC2's edition was only like a step high then the ones we could get. ACB had the codex while we got a jack in the box...which sucked and I felt a little degraded picking it up. Now what do we get? Nothing. Nothing physical, nothing that we can be happy to have and to show off a little. I kind of made it a little bit of a tradition to get at least the artbooks from this game. Now it's like we can get dlc which anyone and everyone can get just as easily.

Biomedical-Fire
09-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I have a glass case that I display my plaques and trophies in that I received while playing sports and then I have another glass case where I display contents from the Collector's Editions that I have purchased through the years. I display my Noble Team Statue, Marcus Fenix Statue and soon the Alduin Statue from the Skyrim CE and the Batman Statue from Arkham City. Then along with the aforementioned statues, I proudly display my little 2.5 inch Altair Statue from the AC1 Limited Edition, Ezio Statue from the Master Assassin Edition and as cheesy as it may be, the Harlequin jack-in-the-box. Then I also have the art books displayed in them as well, but unfortunately there will be no Revelations anything in that case to be displayed because of Ubisoft giving us North Americans absolutely squat.

Animuses
09-30-2011, 08:15 PM
This is why. (http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/1/13/Canada.jpg)

Blind2Society
10-01-2011, 12:32 AM
I have a glass case that I display my plaques and trophies in that I received while playing sports and then I have another glass case where I display contents from the Collector's Editions that I have purchased through the years. I display my Noble Team Statue, Marcus Fenix Statue and soon the Alduin Statue from the Skyrim CE and the Batman Statue from Arkham City. Then along with the aforementioned statues, I proudly display my little 2.5 inch Altair Statue from the AC1 Limited Edition, Ezio Statue from the Master Assassin Edition and as cheesy as it may be, the Harlequin jack-in-the-box. Then I also have the art books displayed in them as well, but unfortunately there will be no Revelations anything in that case to be displayed because of Ubisoft giving us North Americans absolutely squat.
I've noticed you complaining about the NA CE and I've been right there with you, but now that I read that, the Ezio figure and flying machine seem as though they would be a good fit for your case.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
The guy in the lower right corner is my favorite :P

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
The guy in the lower right corner is my favorite :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your favorite guy is the door entrance to the vault in ACB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LightRey
10-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

your favorite guy is the door entrance to the vault in ACB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
let's kidnap him and take him to the Santa Maria Aracoeli. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

your favorite guy is the door entrance to the vault in ACB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
let's kidnap him and take him to the Santa Maria Aracoeli. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, but you're carrying him http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

trueguitarist95
10-01-2011, 09:08 AM
I agree this is a pretty strange move on Ubisoft's part, but at least those who pre-ordered the signature edition from Gamestop is getting the soundtrack and Embers! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by trueguitarist95:
I agree this is a pretty strange move on Ubisoft's part, but at least those who pre-ordered the signature edition from Gamestop is getting the soundtrack and Embers! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A strange move that keeps repeating itself into annoyance. But I'll take you're advice and try to look on the sunny side of things.

Blind2Society
10-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm quite happy with the soundtrack, Embers and the single player mission. Wish I could get the Ecyclo with the collectors edition though, I think it's cheaper that way (but not sure). I also wish I could get all the MP characters (guess I'll just have to wait) and the Turkish assassin armor. But none the less I'm happy with the extras I'm getting, especially since they're free. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

SleezeRocker
10-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm happy with the extras I'm getting, especially since they're free. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

this.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 12:16 PM
When I pre-ordered it from gamestop the guy said the signature edition gets upgraded to the special edition, meaning I get both.

SleezeRocker
10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
When I pre-ordered it from gamestop the guy said the signature edition gets upgraded to the special edition, meaning I get both.

Are you sure you weren't "bumped" to the special bundle edition? Because then you'd have to fork over 40$ more

Animuses
10-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes, I'm sure. I remember asking him if I get both and he said that I will.

EmperorxZurg
10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
as someone working at gamestop, let me assure you, you're not getting both. If you pre-order AC:R, you get "bumped" up. meaning that you get a better version in stead of the crappier one. The only way this could be different is if you were not in North America.

SleezeRocker
10-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
If you pre-order AC:R, you get "bumped" up. meaning that you get a better version in stead of the crappier one. The only way this could be different is if you were not in North America.

That's what I been thinking until you mentioned that latter part

lone-momo
10-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Just to set the record straight, Ubisoft Montreal is where Assassin's Creed is being developed and made. They are not a branch of the French company, if anything, the french company is a branch of Montreal. Montreal has poured money into it's gaming industry lately and a large number of gaming HQs have been moved to the city as a result. The french company may have come first, but this game was made in Montreal.

To set another record straight, you are not getting the extras that North America is offering for 'free'. You get those extras because you are paying extra. Even if you weren't getting those things with the NA release, you could just as easily download them anywhere. Hell, Ubi will probably release these things to download on their official website or the playstation network in due time anyways. These things aren't exactly hard to get, it's not the same as getting an figurine, an artbook or an encyclopedia, or any of the extra gaming content that comes with the European releases.

There really isn't any incentive to purchase the special edition in North America. Period.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Just to set the record straight, Ubisoft Montreal is where Assassin's Creed is being developed and made. They are not a branch of the French company, if anything, the french company is a branch of Montreal. Montreal has poured money into it's gaming industry lately and a large number of gaming HQs have been moved to the city as a result. The french company may have come first, but this game was made in Montreal.

To set another record straight, you are not getting the extras that North America is offering for 'free'. You get those extras because you are paying extra. Even if you weren't getting those things with the NA release, you could just as easily download them anywhere. Hell, Ubi will probably release these things to download on their official website or the playstation network in due time anyways. These things aren't exactly hard to get, it's not the same as getting an figurine, an artbook or an encyclopedia, or any of the extra gaming content that comes with the European releases.

There really isn't any incentive to purchase the special edition in North America. Period.
The game is mainly being developed in Montreal, yes, but Ubisoft is a French company and Ubisoft Montreal is a branch of that company. To say that their main office in France is a branch of Ubisoft Montreal simply because one of their games is mainly being developed in Montreal is just ridiculous.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM

you do know that the almost all of the conversation wasn't about the dlc, but about the collectibles, right? Yeah, I can download embers and special missions and whatever, but I can't get the case or anything actually unique from Gamestop like the statue or ANY kind of Artbook.

And explain why the only edition in NA with collectible things for it is more an action figure over a nicely made statue? Granted it looks nice, but nowhere near what came before. Ubisoft is decreasing in quality and respect.

Finally, can you not say "period"? It suggests as if you're giving the end all, be all answer.

kriegerdesgottes
10-01-2011, 04:21 PM

What? no, That is just wrong. Ubisoft is a French company with several branches around the world, the biggest/best one being Montreal. Montreal takes its orders and paychecks from Ubisoft in France.

Biomedical-Fire
10-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society: I've noticed you complaining about the NA CE and I've been right there with you, but now that I read that, the Ezio figure and flying machine seem as though they would be a good fit for your case. I wouldn't call it complaining, just an outspoken advocate of fairness for North America. I also voice my opinion on the lack of fairness that Ubisoft shows to North America to those whose job it is to listen to us stockholders. But yes I have thought of getting the Ultimate Edition, but I chose to use that money instead on the Revelations Ezio statue by Attakus when they release it in Canada. It's the one they made for the Templar Collector's Edition in Italy.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I wish I could get the Collector's Edition here in America, or that they could at least provide something like the Signature edition to a store besides GamesStop.

SleezeRocker
10-02-2011, 03:16 AM

What if, just what IF....I wanted to buy ACR for regular game price (60$) at my local gamestop and happened to offer a soundtrack, Vlad mission+weapon, Ottoman Jester, embers video and ammo increase capacities?

Or would it be better for me to go to a walmart and get ACR for 60$ and it includes: game+2 page manual that says: recycle this pamphlet and for controls on the game go in options?

what do you suggest meastro?