PDA

View Full Version : Props To Ubisoft On AC

flyryassassin
11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
One of my biggest concerns about the AC sires is that they never make any big changes to the..graphics,gameplay(free-runing,fight mechanics),and over all tempo the game has set from ac1. in my opinion ac1 was a great game. however it was flawed. Ubi greatly made up for this in ac2 only adding to they great features of ac and taking little away. I also believe they hit the jackpot with this game. they only added great features to the ones they already had. I just read the 2nd update of the combat system is going to be very easy(good for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) and very fast. Also being able to have you own command over YOUR assassins and not being commanded. and third multiplayer,this is amazing. At first i couldnt see how ubi could make a game like ac have a mp,and i was afraid there would be alot of lag. I was one of many who played the beta,and im happy to say it is truly amazing. Im counting the days. November 16th!

Nick1021
11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Ye I reely hoap that they improov on the grafics. The sires looks to bland withowt improovments.

E-Zekiel
11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm not a big fan of counter kills getting interrupted. But we'll see how it goes.

flyryassassin
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
i saw a double counter kill in one of the videos *i think*

gamertam
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Why fix something that is not broken. I'm talking about the graphic and the gameplay. Continuing on what been a great success to gamers and critics alike is a feat in itself. With an outstanding series such as Assassin's Creed. Whether it story telling or graphics textures. It had delivered with an overwhelming results. It's no wonder why AC series continues to wow their fans and gamers here and oversea. Here's hoping the tend carries over to future AC games.

flyryassassin
11-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by gamertam:
Why fix something that is not broken. I'm talking about the graphic and the gameplay. Continuing on what been a great success to gamers and critics alike is a feat in itself. With an outstanding series such as Assassin's Creed. Whether it story telling or graphics textures. It had delivered with an overwhelming results. It's no wonder why AC series continues to wow their fans and gamers here and oversea. Here's hoping the tend carries over to future AC games.

Completely Agree!!!!

Rainie
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I completely agree as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I've always thought that the grapics and game play for the series has been exceptional...well except maybe for the DS games, but that's my own personal preference, I think both would have been better as PSP games lol. Since the first game I fell in love with the series and can't wait for more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

E-Zekiel
11-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I honestly had absolutely no beef at all with the original system. Or the AC2 system. You COULD wait to counter kill, sure. But the most efficient way? Timing. Timed attacks, try to proc the instant kills, and then when you get attacked? Use your counter kills.

Nothing wrong with that at all lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure AC:B will have awesome and fun gameplay, I'm just saying, I don't know why the hell people were complaining about it.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Sires? You mean series?

You want the combat to be even easier than it was in AC2? I certainly hope it's not easier. I like how it looks tho... not necessarily easier, just more fluid, faster, and rewards offensive combat more than defensive.

But I gotta say that ACB is definitely looking like the best in the series based on what I've seen and heard about it.

flyryassassin
11-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Yes series. Sires was just quicker like instead of really people use rele http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cless711
11-11-2010, 07:17 AM
How can the graphics get any better than they are already?? Anyway graphics dosn't make a game, the gameplay does.

DarkicoN14
11-11-2010, 08:10 AM
I thought the graphics in AC were just amazing, and for some reason i thought the graphics in AC2 were... a bit i dunno cartoonish? does that make sense? but anyways ive always loved the game mainly for its free running aspect. i just thinks its so cool that any building you can climb. AC = my favourite series ever.

DeafAtheist
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by flyryassassin:
Yes series. Sires was just quicker like instead of really people use rele http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've never seen anyone use "sires" as a short for "series" before. Seems more like a misspelling or typo and it's only shorter by one letter. "Sires" is also an entirely different word with a different meaning... it's a title for male royalty or a male parent of an animal. I've also never seen anyone use "rele" as a short for "really". Most commonly I've seen people use "rly".

Unless you're typing out a text message that limits characters shortening things is extremely annoying and appears uneducated and lazy. It's totally out of place in a message board like this where you have no character limits.

SWJS
11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
thought the graphics in AC2 were... a bit i dunno cartoonish?
It's set in the Renaissance. The graphics were probably stylized to fit the period. Where AC was darker and had a serious tone, ACII was more lighthearted and had much more character development, as well as emotion and mannerisms. The Renaissance also used vibrant and bright colors, especially in clothing and architecture. The world was, as one would expect, more vibrant and beautiful.

I thought the graphical representation was amazing.

FrankieSatt
11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
They made major improvements from AC1 to AC2, not only in graphics and in atmosphere but also in gameplay and in AI.

From AC2 to Brotherhood, I don't know. To me, the graphics look pretty much the same as AC2. The combat looks improved and the fact that you can now rides horses in the cities is an improvement.

Without having played the game yet, I have to say that in my opinion it looks like the improvements won't be as much as the improvement from AC1 to AC2. Not that it's a bad thing because AC2 was great.

I'm hoping that AC3 will be a massive improvement over Brotherhood, much like it was AC1 to AC2.

flyryassassin
11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyryassassin:

I've never seen anyone use "sires" as a short for "series" before. Seems more like a misspelling or typo and it's only shorter by one letter. "Sires" is also an entirely different word with a different meaning... it's a title for male royalty or a male parent of an animal. I've also never seen anyone use "rele" as a short for "really". Most commonly I've seen people use "rly".

Unless you're typing out a text message that limits characters shortening things is extremely annoying and appears uneducated and lazy. It's totally out of place in a message board like this where you have no character limits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well please get over it

lilbacchant
11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">thought the graphics in AC2 were... a bit i dunno cartoonish?
It's set in the Renaissance. The graphics were probably stylized to fit the period. Where AC was darker and had a serious tone, ACII was more lighthearted and had much more character development, as well as emotion and mannerisms. The Renaissance also used vibrant and bright colors, especially in clothing and architecture. The world was, as one would expect, more vibrant and beautiful.

I thought the graphical representation was amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with Darkie on this one. I get the idea that they *might have* purposefully used the more "painted" graphics in AC2 to foster a renaissance atmosphere; but, personally, I prefer the more detailed, drawn look of the graphics in AC1.

Overall though, it's just my personal taste and I thought the graphics were superb in both games.

DeafAtheist
11-11-2010, 04:01 PM

Well please get over it

Certainly... as soon as people stop making America look like uneducated morons.

flyryassassin
11-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyryassassin:

Well please get over it

Certainly... as soon as people stop making America look like uneducated morons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well "U" represent the a******s of America http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Go Jesus!

Mr_Shade
11-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Relax Guys..

NewBlade200
11-12-2010, 07:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Well please get over it

Certainly... as soon as people stop making America look like uneducated morons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well "U" represent the a******s of America http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Go Jesus! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why did you suddenly exclaim ''Go Jesus!'' like that? It doesn't enforce your statement and it can only accomplish a flame-war http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Deaf was just pointing out how it can be difficult to understand you. It was for me. saying ''Get over it'' like that sounds offensive. Swearing is against the fourum rules.

persiateddy95
11-12-2010, 07:30 AM
How has this come to this?

Just he saying sires instead of series made this happen? Really...

NewBlade200
11-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Children tend to act like children.
Now, it's best to get this thread back on topic.

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Why did you suddenly exclaim ''Go Jesus!'' like that? It doesn't enforce your statement and it can only accomplish a flame-war http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Deaf was just pointing out how it can be difficult to understand you. It was for me. saying ''Get over it'' like that sounds offensive. Swearing is against the fourum rules.

That's why I didn't respond to him after that. My point got made and I didn't see a point in getting into a flame war.

@flyryassassin

Sorry if I offended you with the bit about seeming uneducated. It wasn't my intention to offend but to make a point. I see posters online from other countries who are as young as 14 or 15 with better grammar and spelling than some American posters and it's embarrassing. That's the internet in general, not just these forums.

I'd just rather not perpetuate the stereotype that Americans are lazy, ignorant, or uneducated.

sandmanssorrow
11-12-2010, 10:33 AM
I really believe that AC is the cutting edge of gameplay to date and the continual evolution of the look, feel and controls only have mqde the game better. Ubi has made the right decisions with this game.
That being said, the one gripe I have with Ubi is that they never fully realize the mp possibilities, at least in their third person games. R6 was fantastic mp but Splinter Cell having finally got an awesome take on mp with this last release then fell short of the bar by making it really limited. I think we are going to see the same thing with ACB's first gen mp effort, limited modes etc. Hopefully it will sell so well that Ubi will realize they need to put greater depth and expanse into there third person mp efforts. Archer and Kestrel IS the way forward for the SC series and AC mp is going to need many more modes after everyone gets hooked this year...get to work Ubi, this is going to blow up and I hope you guys are ready to respond to the demand.

Razrback16
11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes they're definitely making improvements in the gameplay itself. While the graphics look great on the PC (night and day compared to the consoles), they could be even further improved upon, but Ubisoft has made the mistake of boxing themselves in by designing games for inferior hardware in the console systems (PS3 & XBOX360) which only have so much graphical capability, and then porting to PC later. They need to think a little more future proof and design games with the best graphics they could possibly have at the time of release.