PDA

View Full Version : Rear view mirrors

PMCI1964
03-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi, I loss about 20fps with mirrors enabled is this about the average or to much and if so can i improve it without having them disabled completley . Grateful for any advice.

R_Target
03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
If you have a button mapped to toggle mirrors, one of the two "mirrors on" modes shows less detail and won't hit fps as badly. I just can't remember if it's the first or second button-press.

X32Wright
03-24-2008, 01:47 PM
You might also want to lower your graphics setting IN the game. As most people do not know, the MIRROR graphics is 'rendered' in real time OFF SCREEN (cropped off in most displays) and is 'mapped' back to the mirror position when toggled on. Normally ths is renderr in the lower left position off screen when you have a non standard monitor resolution.

R_Target
03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by X32Wright:
You might also want to lower your graphics setting IN the game. As most people do not know, the MIRROR graphics is 'rendered' in real time OFF SCREEN (cropped off in most displays) and is 'mapped' back to the mirror position when toggled on. Normally ths is renderr in the lower left position off screen when you have a non standard monitor resolution.

Ah, that would explain why planes without a mirror still take the fps hit if you turn them on.