PDA

View Full Version : will 4.0 fix the object pop-up

jason_peters
05-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Now theres a question!!!!

I really hope so. I hope its an option in the ini file to extent the visability range

What do u guys think

Platypus_1.JaVA
05-25-2005, 08:46 AM
What object pop-up?

VF51_Flatspin
05-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Are you talking about the in-game object viewer? If so, I hope so -- a lot of stuff not in there right now.

T_O_A_D
05-25-2005, 09:42 AM
The objects are in the viewer screen in the FMB, just some of them you have to stretch the window out a bit larger to see them, Short the lights, siren and a few other oddball abjects.

I think he is talking about the visibility of stuff in the horizon. If thats the case, then its how he has his config file tweaked.

http://www.airwarfare.com has all kinds of stuff on tweaking out your vid card to satisfy your needs, in IL2.

Fennec_P
05-25-2005, 10:42 AM
I think Jason is refering to object draw distance and LOD bias.

There isn't anything in the conf.ini to edit that.

Other than the regular options for vis. distance and 3D object detail that you see ingame(which can also be modified in the conf.ini).

It's worth noting that the draw distance for certain types of objects was significantly increased in PF. Ships, for example, appear at much greater distances than they used to, to make them easier to find.

Buildings and other en masse objects (like trees and flak sprites) seem to remain unchanged, probably for performance reasons. Cities already run poorly enough without drawing even more buildings in the distance, and flak puffs are a huge performance killer as it is with ship AAA.

I'm hoping you'll be able to change this in BoB. I'd very much like to be able to edit draw distance for individual classes of objects, rather than all ground objects simultaneously (so I could nix culturals altogether, and jack everything else up). It's one of the few nice things I find in LOMAC, as well as the cool fade-in LODs.

jason_peters
05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Fennec_P is indeed correct - thats what I mean - the draw distance.

I wish they would add a further one for the current generation of graphics cards (3 is the max at the moment in the cfg)

I would like to see this doubled if possible

Fennec_P
05-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Lol, this is what I wish was in the conf:

houses=0
trees=0

Then I might finally be able to play the Berlin map http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif