PDA

View Full Version : How to be more involved in fights.

FrozenFire550
11-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, i've seen people complaining about "OMG UR NOT RLY FITINGQ!!" And that's just BS.
I LOVE fighting in this game, it's so addictive and fun.

If you think it's 'too easy', then how about you let go of the right trigger? Only click it when someone is about to attack, and don't use counters all the time. If you know HOW to use the fighting system correctly, it's really fun.

I've also heard "You can't even hit the guards because they block everything."
Untrue. I never use counters anymore, because i've found out how to fight properly.

You have to spread your attacks through the group of guards, not just focus on one. You hit one guard, then you push the joystick in the direction of another guard to do an attack on him, and his guard will most likely be down, so you hit him. And if you keep doing that through the whole fight, you actually ARE fighting, and it's more fun. And when someone is about to attack you, just click the right trigger, and it blocks.

Just stop relying on only countering, and you'll find it's much better.

I know I'm not the best at explaining things, but I think I got the point across.

Naruto94
11-17-2007, 02:18 PM
I'll try this...

Piecycle
11-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I do the same thing. I suppose the other enemies don't expect you to turn around and attack them, so their guard is down or something.

I love fighting with the dagger, and turning towards an enemy thats a little far away and throwing a knife...Made the game for me.

me-gud-u-bad
11-17-2007, 02:26 PM
i agree, i hardly ever use counters anymore, obviously i still use them because there totally betchin', but sometimes its just easier to not use the counters. i like using the heavy attack with the sword.

its so funny watching a guard cowering in fear of Altair, because he has just seen 12 of his fellow guards slaughtered and knows Altair is coming for him next.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Piecycle:
I do the same thing. I suppose the other enemies don't expect you to turn around and attack them, so their guard is down or something.

I love fighting with the dagger, and turning towards an enemy thats a little far away and throwing a knife...Made the game for me.

im stll finding it hard to time the moves where ya hit attack button the moment he blocks amking a counter kill that way

they are sweet when done right

NeoshinobiX
11-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah countering all the time takes to long it's much more fun to use Defense Break and combos to kill.

Yeah dagger is really fun to use I purposly move farther away just so I can chuck throwing knifes.

I love when guards try to run away after you just merc'd all his friends. Chase downs ftw!

fulukai
11-17-2007, 04:12 PM
i agree, if you avoid using counters and press RT for defense (instead of holding it), it makes for more challenging fights..i especially enjoy fighting the templars who display a much better AI..(though I'm still very early in the game - just completed the second mission)...

anyway, it would be nice if a patch addressed the difficulty in general -- I wud imagine the easiest thing to implement is to have a one-shot kill for the enemy (doesn't have to be a cool ct-scene like Altair's counter attack kill, just have it such that one clean shot on Altair anywhere kills him)..this way Altair needs to be on his toes all the time, and preferably avoid getting into fights if possible

ideally ofcourse i hope a patch (if it comes) increase the alertness level of the guards and gives them faster reflexes..

T_Spoon_UK
11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Meh... i dont want to be 'more involved' in fights.

I just do what is the most fun and gruesome thing to do.

Like stabbing a guard in the skull with a knife and hearing that lovely crunchy sound ^_^

Ace426
11-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Once you get your 15 knifes your short sword is awesome attack turn throw block

xekushnr
11-17-2007, 04:25 PM
I've stopped doing counter kills almost altogether. I only use it when I need to thin out the herd a little, like when I'm fighting 15 guys. I just try to use combo kills exclusively, which is much harder. You cant keep the right trigger pressed during that, so I'm not constantly blocking either. It does make it a lot more fun.

Vanquish_Xx
11-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by FrozenFire550:
Well, i've seen people complaining about "OMG UR NOT RLY FITINGQ!!" And that's just BS.
I LOVE fighting in this game, it's so addictive and fun.

If you think it's 'too easy', then how about you let go of the right trigger? Only click it when someone is about to attack, and don't use counters all the time. If you know HOW to use the fighting system correctly, it's really fun.

I've also heard "You can't even hit the guards because they block everything."
Untrue. I never use counters anymore, because i've found out how to fight properly.

You have to spread your attacks through the group of guards, not just focus on one. You hit one guard, then you push the joystick in the direction of another guard to do an attack on him, and his guard will most likely be down, so you hit him. And if you keep doing that through the whole fight, you actually ARE fighting, and it's more fun. And when someone is about to attack you, just click the right trigger, and it blocks.

Just stop relying on only countering, and you'll find it's much better.

I know I'm not the best at explaining things, but I think I got the point across.

I completely agree. The first mission I did i basically just tapped X until one guard died then moved on. Now I am taking on 10+ guards at a time, making use of every counter to get atleast another kill right after i counter. Breaking defenses, breaking grabs. The combat system in this game is really amazing. I also found I kinda like the short sword better sometimes. It seems to swing faster. One fun thing to do is get a group of guards, hold Rt and let them circle in around you, then just attack each of them a few times to push the circle out far enough. After the circle is large enough step and kill one of the guards, then use your throwing knives to kill another guard on the other side of the circle. Throwing knives + short sword = ownage

Tela
11-17-2007, 04:54 PM
In one video(I think it was the "experience") it shows Altair turning someone around and stabbing them in the back(or spine?) with his hidden blade. Are you actually able to do this in the game? Something I'll probably stay away from. Spinal wounds make me queasy.

Vanquish_Xx
11-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
In one video(I think it was the "experience") it shows Altair turning someone around and stabbing them in the back(or spine?) with his hidden blade. Are you actually able to do this in the game? Something I'll probably stay away from. Spinal wounds make me queasy.

I'd think it would be possible. I never tried because whenever i use my hidden blade during a fight they just grab my hand and push me away. Maybe use it with a combo or something. Like you counter an attack but it isnt fatal like you punch the guy in the stomach and then you can either let him fall to the ground and get up or you can finish him. Perhaps you can switch weapons and kill him.

Tela
11-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Vanquish_Xx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:

I'd think it would be possible. I never tried because whenever i use my hidden blade during a fight they just grab my hand and push me away. Maybe use it with a combo or something. Like you counter an attack but it isnt fatal like you punch the guy in the stomach and then you can either let him fall to the ground and get up or you can finish him. Perhaps you can switch weapons and kill him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Will have to remember that....once my game actually GETS here...

SVTCarnage
11-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Peeeoople serously....? I mean what??

The guards only block all your attacks if you button mash the attack button, they will block at least 4 to 5 times before you actually land a hit.

Tutorial doesn't explain COMBOS very well which seems no one even knows are in the game or what there doing, when you learn COMBOS you will find its even more easy then you think it is ALREADY.

You press ATTACK AFTER the sword has landed, then press ATTACK AGAIN. Anyone played TEKKEN? you cannot string the combo 200 miles n hour you haft to stay in rythem the game won't allow button mashing.

So when it says press ATTACk AFTER the sword lands thats exactly what it means, Im sure everyone has sometimes accidently pulled combos off & didnt even think twice about how it happened and why I cant seem to figure it out.

FrozenFire550
11-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by SVTCarnage:
Peeeoople serously....? I mean what??

The guards only block all your attacks if you button mash the attack button, they will block at least 4 to 5 times before you actually land a hit.

Tutorial doesn't explain COMBOS very well which seems no one even knows are in the game or what there doing, when you learn COMBOS you will find its even more easy then you think it is ALREADY.

You press ATTACK AFTER the sword has landed, then press ATTACK AGAIN. Anyone played TEKKEN? you cannot string the combo 200 miles n hour you haft to stay in rythem the game won't allow button mashing.

So when it says press ATTACk AFTER the sword lands thats exactly what it means, Im sure everyone has sometimes accidently pulled combos off & didnt even think twice about how it happened and why I cant seem to figure it out.

I know of this. I'm simply trying to present a way for those people who like putting forth the most effort in a fight. And I rather enjoy my own way D:

senseimilla
11-17-2007, 07:41 PM
I'd think it would be possible. I never tried because whenever i use my hidden blade during a fight they just grab my hand and push me away. Maybe use it with a combo or something. Like you counter an attack but it isnt fatal like you punch the guy in the stomach and then you can either let him fall to the ground and get up or you can finish him. Perhaps you can switch weapons and kill him.

Actually, you CAN go into combat with the hidden blade, you just can't attack or block BUT you can counter kill and every counter kill w/ the hidden blade is insta-death... no silly punching or pushing... BUT also the window to press x is a lot smaller, it's hard but pwning 50 guards with nothing but hardcore hiddenblade to the face and gut is just fun... now if they'd let me lock on without pulling out the damn longblade everytime it'd be perfect!

Edit: I forgot to mention you have to lock-on before using this technique! (Unlike longblade or dagger which I wish they woulda changed... seroiusly)

FrozenFire550
11-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Longsword is more of a defensive weapon for me. If i'm near death fighting a templar and a group of other guys, I pull that out and block for a minute. Then I go back to the good ol' Shortsword.

And yes, the Hidden Blade kills are so fun to watch. Most of the time when I do about 3 of them in a row, the rest of the guards run away, because the kills are so brutal.