PDA

View Full Version : Whispers? ***Spoilers***

Crash_Plague
12-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, I saw this video of the playthrough of the Altair dream sequence, and I noticed in the soundtrack there are lots of underlying whispers.

If any of you are familiar with the TV show Lost, they had a similar plot device and the whispers held clues and things when you were able to like isolate the sound.

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq4Y6n_bMi4

You guys do hear that, right?

Maybe we should like extract and mess with the audio and see if we can get anything audible out of them.

DiamondBlade_R
12-14-2009, 04:15 AM
Can you pinpoint where exactly in the video those whispers start?

RachelG
12-14-2009, 04:31 AM
The whispers start at 4:15

I recognize that soundtrack from the first AC album, it's the song 'Acre underworld'.

I can't figure out what the first line is, but the second and third sound like:

"don't look away, and don't look back"

nitres15
12-14-2009, 05:03 AM
i think it sounds cool

Crash_Plague
12-14-2009, 09:03 PM
They reused sounds, but the whisper overlay wasn't present in the original game, which means someone put them there...

AH LOVE!

I've always loved deciphering the meaning behind the whispers in lost once they were decoded, I just wanna do the same with Assassin's Creed, haha!!

LETS DO IT GUYS.

Re-listening, some of the whispers don't even sound to be in English, but Italian maybe?

I dunno, I think we'd need to extract and isolate the audio to know for sure.

newtype78
12-14-2009, 09:24 PM
it seems, to me, to either be Italian or Latin "both languages used in game" and since i don't speak either I'm no use. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

sorry

Bampire
12-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:
Can you pinpoint where exactly in the video those whispers start? AC2 lived PAST my expectations.. I thought it was going to be alright, then kicked right in the teeth. It's such a great game. I had to dub the Assassin's creed franchise as my second favourite game(s) next to the Tomb Raider Franchise which is my top favourite.

I definetly hope the third game will have King Aurthor.

newtype78
12-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Bampire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:
Can you pinpoint where exactly in the video those whispers start? AC2 lived PAST my expectations.. I thought it was going to be alright, then kicked right in the teeth. It's such a great game. I had to dub the Assassin's creed franchise as my second favourite game(s) next to the Tomb Raider Franchise which is my top favourite.

I definetly hope the third game will have King Aurthor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhmm, agreed but i don't see the relevance of the quote

DiamondBlade_R
12-15-2009, 05:22 AM
He was referring to my sig... He must've thought it was part of my post.

KakashiAssassin
12-15-2009, 06:02 AM
its definitly something there, but im also suspecting its been done with the words said back to front. because, to me it sounds like english, and not latin or Italian.but i could be wrong

Crash_Plague
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by DiamondBlade_R:
He was referring to my sig... He must've thought it was part of my post.

yeah, about that, I remember Master always used to do that too with his sig, why is it such a trouble to add a _________________ at the top of your sig?

xD

Sorry, it just gets confusing at times http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Vizzionator
12-16-2009, 12:19 AM
I think I hear the whispers but it sounds like its Latin.

nicky117
12-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by RachelG:
"don't look away, and don't look back"
maybe this means you cant look away from Altair & Maria, as they http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

mikeh1294
12-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I am currently ripping the audio from the video, and then I will fiddle around. Does anyone want the audio file?

ToKillInPeace
12-17-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah, I'm sure a lot of us would.

You should upload the extracted audio to mediafire or something similar, and post the link here.

I know it's not extremely difficult to rip audio from a video, but if its available with more ease, maybe more people will look into trying to decipher it.