PDA

View Full Version : Finn hurri missions

pmckelvy
01-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Just curious if anyone else found these to just be a blast. My only experiance with the hurri I was on WWIIOL and I wasn't impressed for such a legendary plane. But wow fly it in IL2 and it's a different story. Sure she isn't fast, and the guns are a bit underpowered (or maybe I suck) but it takes just a couple of minutes to learn how to get her to do some fun stuff, and I'm a newb. Anyway just curious at what some of you good pilots thought.

Mac out

pmckelvy
01-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Just curious if anyone else found these to just be a blast. My only experiance with the hurri I was on WWIIOL and I wasn't impressed for such a legendary plane. But wow fly it in IL2 and it's a different story. Sure she isn't fast, and the guns are a bit underpowered (or maybe I suck) but it takes just a couple of minutes to learn how to get her to do some fun stuff, and I'm a newb. Anyway just curious at what some of you good pilots thought.

Mac out

PBNA-Boosher
01-30-2005, 04:42 PM
The Hurri's a great turner, but the early model with .303's can't pack a punch, and the Mk.I's carborator problem is a big pain, but if you can get enough hits on a liquid cooled engine or a fuel tank the plane will light up. The most important thing to be concerned about while flying an early Hurri is to make sure you did "enough" damage to your target before you move onto the next one. Too much damage and you won't have enough ammo for another one, too little and the target is still a threat to you.

pmckelvy
01-30-2005, 05:14 PM
That's actually great advice as I have done both with the MGs. I'm starting to get used to the carb and I guess you just live with it lol. I'm starting to "feel" how much damage I've done and I guess that just comes with exp, which is what's great about this sim.

Thank's for the input

Mac out

3.JG51_BigBear
01-30-2005, 05:18 PM
I like the eight .30s. They're pretty good for early war armament. If you use them at a decently close range and fire on the convergence you can rip an early Yak in half with a fairly short burst.