PDA

View Full Version : One really annoying exploit in MP

Pat0307
01-15-2011, 08:31 PM
when playing manhunt or alliance...
There's on thing that I HATE what people do, and that is when two of your targets gang up on you. They'll stay near you and take turns stunning you until another teammate comes by. This makes me furious!! Doing this can can get a team 5,000pts in a minute or so. It is completely unfair. The worst part of it is all, is that I don't think ubi can do anything about it. Personally, I can't think of one loophole around this. Maybe you guys can...

Avl521
01-15-2011, 08:35 PM
It has never happened to me.

kriegerdesgottes
01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
That doesn't bother me so much when people do that to me because....I do that to them lol. However what I do hate is when I come up behind someone and get ready to stun them, my arm drawn back, and the guy suddenly kills me! that is not fair! I know the kill is supposed to cancel out everything else blah blah that's stupid! it should be whoever strikes first wins. Not oh sorry killing is more important so he's going to kill you even though you struck there first. That's ******ed.

RipYourSpineOut
01-15-2011, 08:38 PM
1) Get stunned
2) Press Triangle/Y
3) Select class
4) Spawn somewhere else
5) Profit!

I'm not sure if this is correct, but when I get stunned, sometimes I decide to switch my class, and when I do, I get spawned somewhere else. There you go, instant solution http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif!

kriegerdesgottes
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
1) Get stunned
2) Press Triangle/Y
3) Select class
4) Spawn somewhere else
5) Profit!

I'm not sure if this is correct, but when I get stunned, sometimes I decide to switch my class, and when I do, I get spawned somewhere else. There you go, instant solution http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif!

wow that is genius, I can't believe I never thought of that. Thanks! I am doing that next time.

felpie840242011
01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
1) Get stunned
2) Press Triangle/Y
3) Select class
4) Spawn somewhere else
5) Profit!

Assassinsyk
01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Epic first post, felpie840242011.

XxKillaSniperxX
01-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
1) Get stunned
2) Press Triangle/Y
3) Select class
4) Spawn somewhere else
5) Profit!

wow that is genius, I can't believe I never thought of that. Thanks! I am doing that next time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That only works in manhunt, not alliance. I've had this happen to me one time, on alliance because I dislike manhunt, and it was the only time I've ever ragequit.

Kenpachi_cable
01-16-2011, 06:49 AM
What happens if Triangle never shows up in Manhunt?

It's happened to me a few times.

EscoBlades
01-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Its called "Stun Locking" and good teams can use it to their advantage.

All you have to do is simply press Y (for the 360) or Triangle (for the ps3) and de-synch. You'll spawn somewhere else and can plan your approach again.

Note that you can't de-synch that way in Alliance. You'll have to hope your teammate comes to save you, or the other team somehow spoil the party. But i don't play Alliance much, and i never get stun locked in Manhunt, cos i just press Y or Triangle if its going to happen to me.

MrRoboto578
01-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
1) Get stunned
2) Press Triangle/Y
3) Select class
4) Spawn somewhere else
5) Profit!

wow that is genius, I can't believe I never thought of that. Thanks! I am doing that next time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow...

obliviondoll
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Manhunt - desync using triangle/Y.

A single player doing this and coming in prepared for the team trying to stunlock can break the cycle easily.

Alliance, the problem is that you rely on ONE teammate, and if they're an idiot, you've got to wait for your pursuer to kill you.

Only time I've felt like someone was ACTUALLY exploiting was an Alliance game where our targets and pursuers were working together - I was walking towards the targets from one direction while my teammate approached form the other.

There were 4 personas standing together, apart from all the NPCs - both targets, and both pursuers. Nobody killing/stunning anyone, just waiting. My teammate thought they were a glitched blend group and walked in.. I thought "this is gonna be bad"

One of the targets dropped smoke and went for the stun. The first pursuer then got a grounded focus kill. I thought "screw this" - messaged the teammate to say that the opponents were basically cheating, told him I was quitting, and suggested he did too.

Then went in and got an aerial kill - quitting (hopefully) before the stun or kill landed.

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Im sorry but i have to laugh at your inability to notice the "Y/TRIANGLE" button show up when u get stunned.....soooo HAHA!?!