PDA

View Full Version : how dos etseio do it?

etseiotheasasen
07-16-2009, 12:09 PM
wen in asasen creed 1 alteir kills from his writs so etseio kills from his writs but alteir had 1 finger of. why not etseio hav the same 1? i serch the forum but cnt find it.

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 12:17 PM
1: Learn English please.
2: You weren't looking very hard, were you?

Altair was a Master Assassin, and part of his initiation ritual was to have his ring finger cut off. But Ezio, I repeat, E-Z-I-O, is from a new era when the Assassins went underground and abandoned most of their traditions (presumably). And his hidden blades were made by Da Vinci... not that has anything to do with his fingers being removed but it seems like you need all the info you can get.

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Your question isn't clear.

What do you want to know? How does Ezio do what?

@ Xanatos: No need to be hostile about it, dude. He's not doing this to annoy you, he just wants some answers.
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
2: You weren't looking very hard, were you? Well, he made a genuine effort.

Danvish
07-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I think he wanna know how Ezio is from Italy and still can speak decent English?

caswallawn_2k7
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
he wants to know why ezio still has all his fingers.

etseiotheasasen
07-16-2009, 12:22 PM
no alteir has the blayde thrrouh his finger no? why not ezio thank yu for name Xanatus for it. why not ezio hav both throuh his finger?

edit: he hav 2 blaydes i mean thruoh his finger. both hands.

Danvish
07-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
he wants to know why ezio still has all his fingers.

Yeh... I was being cynic... guess I can throw that joke to the garbage can... oh well... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 12:26 PM
To be honest, it's a bit of a mystery why Altair seems to be the only one with 9 digits. Apparently it's because of the Master Assassin ritual, and Ezio doesn't start off as a Master Assassin. In fact, he doesn't start off as an Assassin at all. But perhaps later on in the game he will have his finger removed, maybe. Time will tell.

Anyway, this horse has bean beaten enough. Requiescat in pace.

Danvish
07-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by etseiotheasasen:
no alteir has the blayde thrrouh his finger no? why not ezio thank yu for name Xanatus for it. why not ezio hav both throuh his finger?

edit: he hav 2 blaydes i mean thruoh his finger. both hands.

2 reasons: 1st of all, if they cut another finger in every sequal, in number 10 he would have to use his elbow to kill.
2nd of all, physiclly, a man without a finger can't actually hold a big weapon well, so if you take from him 2 fingers...

caswallawn_2k7
07-16-2009, 12:29 PM
also if you look at your wrist and fist you would have to hold your hand in a way that would break your wrist in a fight for the blade to actualy neeed a space to get past your hand.

that is before taking into account the fact that 99% of the time when they strike with the hidden blade they put thier hand flat on the target allowing greater penetration.

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM

edit: he hav 2 blaydes i mean thruoh his finger. both hands. Well, I think Ezio doesn't have them through his fingers so that he can blend in better. Missing fingers really stand out.

etseiotheasasen
07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by etseiotheasasen:

edit: he hav 2 blaydes i mean thruoh his finger. both hands. Well, I think Ezio doesn't have them through his fingers so that he can blend in better. Missing fingers really stand out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok but if they not on throuh his fingers were r they? how dos it? how? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif no1 undastand me?

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
ok but if they not on throuh his fingers were r they? how dos it? how? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif no1 undastand me? They're on the bottom side of his arms.

Here's a good picture of it on Altair:
http://buzznewsroom.com/wp-content/uploads/assassins-creed-assassin-vs-crusader-1036.jpg

See that bar on the underside of his gauntlet? That's the blade mechanism.

And here's a picture of them on Ezio:
http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/130265/ezio%20full_qjgenth.jpg

You can't see them because he keeps them hidden inside his sleeves. Clever move. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Well, it's pretty easy to use a hidden blade without slicing your digits off. I'm working on one now (been saying that for over a year...) Point being, the hidden blade is basically a big OTF dagger strapped to the wrist.

It's basically one of these...
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1051/gravityknife.jpg
...strapped to the wrist with a ring to activate the mechanism...
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8800/wristblade.jpg

That particular picture is of a Master Assassin who underwent the ritual, hence the missing finger. Can I make it any clearer?

@ Xanatos: No need to be hostile about it, dude. He's not doing this to annoy you, he just wants some answers.
I wasn't being hostile, sorry if it came across that way. And the finger issue has come up soooooo many times it isn't funny. (well, maybe a bit)

Danvish
07-16-2009, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by etseiotheasasen:

edit: he hav 2 blaydes i mean thruoh his finger. both hands. Well, I think Ezio doesn't have them through his fingers so that he can blend in better. Missing fingers really stand out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok but if they not on throuh his fingers were r they? how dos it? how? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif no1 undastand me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look dude, noone really knows how... maybe Da Vinci found a genius way to bend the blades 2 degrees down so they'll come out not on the finger... maybe the mechanism is placed a bit far from the wrist... there could be million answers...

caswallawn_2k7
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
it you make a fist (so you can punch some1) the only way the blade would go through your finger is if it was also to go through your palm. the finger removed had nothing to do with acomodating the blade.

Danvish
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
it you make a fist (so you can punch some1) the only way the blade would go through your finger is if it was also to go through your palm. the finger removed had nothing to do with acomodating the blade.

So why cutting the finger from the first time? Talking about the game here, Patrice said in the interview that the reason Ezio has all 10 fingers is that Leonardo is the greatest inventor of the time and he found a way to make the hidden blade without removing a finger. If it's that simple, what prevented from the guys in Altair's time to do it, even thought he won't be able to pull the blade while he makes a fist? (not that I've ever seen Altair punches/stabs someone).

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Malik had a hidden blade as well and he retained all his fingers (until his arm was amputated). Heh, maybe he was an 'uber-master assassin', or tried promoting himself and got a bit carried away. And Altair does activate his hidden blade with his fist clenched, when he reaccquires it after discovering the traitor in Masyaf. The gauntlet is really thick, keeping the blade a few milimetres above the skin's surface. And with the addition of gloves his hands should be cut-free.

Danvish
07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Malik had a hidden blade as well and he retained all his fingers (until his arm was amputated). Heh, maybe he was an 'uber-master assassin', or tried promoting himself and got a bit carried away. And Altair does activate his hidden blade with his fist clenched, when he reaccquires it after discovering the traitor in Masyaf. The gauntlet is really thick, keeping the blade a few milimetres above the skin's surface. And with the addition of gloves his hands should be cut-free.

Then Patrice's answer makes no sense, why all the rummbling about Leonardo being able to invent a hidden blade without cutting a finger.

What you say does make sense.. like giving the best assassins the ability to assassinate even with a closed fist, that way, they can punch someone, and kill him at the same time.

Xanatos2007
07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't get it, it doesn't take a genius to strap a gravity knife to your wrist and not cut off your finger. He said that Da Vinci invented 'the double hidden blade'. It's probably like Darth Maul's double-ended lightsabre, everyone probably thought about it but found no real use for it and couldn't be bothered re-training themselves. The Hashashin probably had no use for two hidden blades, since they only needed to focus on one target at a time.

NotLordAtkin
07-16-2009, 02:31 PM
simple answer: Ezio uses the blade in a different way than Altair. While Altair closes his fist around the blade letting it stick out of the defingered space and "punches" the victim, Ezio leaves his palms open wide for a big friendly hug of death.

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
actually if you look at the AC2 trailer Altair assassinates his target with his hand flat

sturdygurdy
07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
if tey boht kil from there writs it dosnt mater ho meni finger tey hav.

etseiotheasasen
07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by sturdygurdy:
if tey boht kil from there writs it dosnt mater ho meni finger tey hav.

thts wut i finking thouh. but no1 wants ther finger cut of them.

EmperorxZurg
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
they were monks and it was a ritual to show they wouldn't marry because the finger they cut off was their ring finger, thereby showing their eternal loyalty to the creed and making an easier slot for the hidden blade, the slot wasn't neccasary, but they wanted a double purpose

whitewolf111
07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
You know, I never relized that Altair had a missing finger until I came to this board and looked at a picture closly... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Anyway, it's about what d1sturbed said. There was some ritual if I remember, and your finger was cut off as you turned from a novice to an assassin.

Cornik22
07-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I wes wundring tat too, tanks.

etseiotheasasen
07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
I wes wundring tat too, tanks.

no prublem

Kharturr
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
look at this picture, ezio has his hand in a fist yet the blade fits between his fingers.

He's making....... a vulcan star trek (or whatever it is) fist haha

http://www.consolemonster.com/media/0000001455/screenshots/0000001455-L-38c0ba3.jpg

Danvish
07-17-2009, 12:18 AM
The exact quote of Patrice from the interview with the asian girl in E3:

"Ezio has 10 digits because of one man, Leonardo Da Vinci, so Leonardo is the one doing the weaposn for Ezio and he found a way to do a hidden blade without cutting any finger, so that's why you have 10 fingers. ... That's it it's just as simple as that, when you have the most intelligent man on earth than you can do a hidden blade without cutting a finger."

Now Jade comes in "Plus what we would have done in Assassin's creed 10 if you had no fingers?"

So I understand what you're saying here Xanatos, but again why all the rummblings about Leonardo?

sturdygurdy
07-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Maybe Leonardo built him a bionic finger.

assassinfab
07-19-2009, 12:57 AM
leonardo made the flying machine and the gun. isn't that enough for you danvish?

Account_Deleted
07-19-2009, 02:19 AM
if you notice,
Altair's hidden blade, is a stright vertical blade
but ezio sorta goes from vertical and joins in at the tip, making it slimmer to fit through the plam.

^^ just a lil theory^^

Danvish
07-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by assassinfab:
leonardo made the flying machine and the gun. isn't that enough for you danvish?

What the hell are you talking about? If you can't post according to the thread, don't do it at all.

What I was talking about, is why all the rummble about Ezio having all 10 digits 'cause of Leonardo Da Vinci, if other charecters even in AC1 seems to have a hidden blade attached to them without cutting their finger. (Best example, as someone before me mentioned, is Malik. You can see for sure in the start that he has a hidden blade attached and 10 fingers).

So what it has to do with Leonardo also inventing the flying machine and the gun?

Stormpen
07-19-2009, 10:19 AM
So what it has to do with Leonardo also inventing the flying machine and the gun?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I hope I prevented a fight.....

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Why do all the good arguments happen while I'm asleep?
But for Danvish, I think it was just the ceremony itself, they didn't HAVE to, but it was for show to see how loyal they are, and since Ezio isn't a {loyal} follower and is new and is barely part of the creed really he hasn't done it yet and might not ever

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 11:03 AM
i posted a link ages ago about the finger thing, basicaly they dont do it anymore lol just faded away with time

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 11:05 AM
like a rainbow in the dark lol

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 11:11 AM
ummm yeah sure why not http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif lol

200 posts Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 11:12 AM
sry I've been listening to Dio lately.

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 11:16 AM
im sorry who/what are/is Dio?

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 11:24 AM
an awesome metal band from like the 80's but they are super awesome, especially when they made Holy Diver

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 11:28 AM
the only rock band i listen to is Rage against the machine awesome3 even to me and i listen to rap/hip-hop/R&B

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 11:37 AM
rage against the machine is good. I just loathe rap/hip hop/and R&B though just loathe, the stuff doesn't even make sense to me.

But back on track, He might have the ten fingers cause he's just not a master yet

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I just loathe rap/hip hop/and R&B though just loathe, the stuff doesn't even make sense to me.

its all personal opinion i suppose.

i kinda hope3d that they kept the nine finger thing it added to the story if you ask me

Xanatos2007
07-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Who knows, maybe Ezio will lose a finger later on in the game when he gets his black robes?

Danvish
07-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Look, I'm all down with what you're saying. And it's cool that Ezio has 10 fingers, I have no problem with it. I do prefer it actually.

What does bother me, is what Patrice said in the E3 interview, about Ezio having 10 fingers 'cause of Leonardo. I mean obviously he spoke complete nonsense (and that's very not like him, since I've seen almost all his interviews and I like the guy a lot) about the 10 digits thing. Why the need for all the rummbling about Leonardo? Why not saying "Well, it was an old costume, it died with the years"?

thekyle0
07-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Maybe Ezio still has his digits because he is not a master. It is likely that in Altair's time they wouldn't cut a students finger until they received their hidden blade. But that doesn't explain why Ezio still has his digits and can use his hidden blades. I think it might have more to do with a difference of the weapons, then the assassins.

If you look at the picture of Altair,(pg 1) then you see that his blade has sharp edges the whole length of the blade. Now, look at Ezio's blade on pg 2. Notice that only the last few inches of metal are actually sharp.

Leonardo used a flat bar to extend the piercing section of the blade beyond Ezio's fingers. This means he won't cut his finger on the sharp edge. Leonardo realized that to penetrate deeply, only the forward piece of the blade needed to be sharp, the rest of the blade could follow it through the open wound since anything blocking it was already cut.

If anyone notices a hole in this theory then please point it out so I can find a different explanation to why Ezio has 10 fingers..

metelhead_9000
07-24-2009, 07:10 PM
I think that the missing finger has a few reasons one is that it is the left ring finger. If you get married usually you will wear the wedding ring on your left ring finger. because he is missing this finger it could be symbolic of the master assassins being married to their blades or duty or some thing like that.

I also think that the the tendant that is attached to your ring finger might be the key to acctually using the hiddin blade. to extend the blade maybe you have to posstion your ring finger in a why that it would be severed by the blade even if you are just making a fist with your other fingers.

EmperorxZurg
07-24-2009, 07:27 PM
@ metelhead: ya that's because they were monks, so they weren't allowed to marry anyway and showed the sacrifice they were willing to make for the cause

mazorr
07-25-2009, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcEjCUOI-DU
their problems solved

obliviondoll
07-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by mazorr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcEjCUOI-DU
their problems solved
Who are "they?" And how does that solve "their" problems?

Edengoth
07-26-2009, 12:58 PM
If you watch IGN's rewind trailer, they explain kind of what patrice meant about leonardo da vinci's design eliminating the need to remove a finger. Basically it's presumably grafted into his arm, so the angle is different.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/obj..._spc_assassins2.html (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14302493/assassins-creed-2/videos/rewindtheater_spc_assassins2.html)
That's what I got from all this anyway.

Danvish
07-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
If you watch IGN's rewind trailer, they explain kind of what patrice meant about leonardo da vinci's design eliminating the need to remove a finger. Basically it's presumably grafted into his arm, so the angle is different.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/obj..._spc_assassins2.html (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14302493/assassins-creed-2/videos/rewindtheater_spc_assassins2.html)
That's what I got from all this anyway.

I guess I'll just have to let it be and wait for the moment in game when it actually happens (Patrice said in an interview that it is a pivotal moment in Ezio's life that we get to livem sounds nice)

Br0n0
11-11-2009, 02:26 AM
OK here is it so everyone understands:

ALTAIR assassinates with closed fist so he had to have his ring finger removed to allow him to do it.

EZIO gets his hand out of the way and basically palms his target with the hidden blade.

also if you want to know he activates the hidden blade using a string of wire tied to his ring from his hidden blade.

so Ezio doesn't haft to get rid of any fingers. Leo is so smart

the amolang
11-11-2009, 02:33 AM
ha, I remember seeing this thread waaaaaaaaaayyyy back in june...

Azugo
11-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Br0n0 mate, the last post before yours was about 4 months ago! When nobody knew hardly anything about Ezio, let alone Assassin's Creed II!

But now (4 months later) pretty much everybody would know what you just posted. Okay? So no need to revive this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Mitro-Blade
11-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Malik had a hidden blade as well and he retained all his fingers (until his arm was amputated). Heh, maybe he was an 'uber-master assassin', or tried promoting himself and got a bit carried away. And Altair does activate his hidden blade with his fist clenched, when he reaccquires it after discovering the traitor in Masyaf. The gauntlet is really thick, keeping the blade a few milimetres above the skin's surface. And with the addition of gloves his hands should be cut-free. Doesn't Malik gets his arm chopped off by the templars? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
*Edit forget it, and whats up with reviving old threads?