PDA

View Full Version : Something I would like to see

pacettid
11-25-2004, 04:28 AM
As the map designer for the "Fallen Angels Server" on Hyperlobby, I would love to eventually see online DF maps with moving Carrier Battle Groups (CVBG) incorporated into the sim.

I am sure this is very difficult to code, as it would already be there if it were easy, but I think it would add tremendously to the sim...stationary CVBGs just don't give you the excitement of a task force underway, and getting a fully loaded fighter bomber airborne, with no wind across the deck is difficult, to say the least.

If it was easier to code I would even settle for default, opposing CVBGs, steaming in one of two configurations:

- 2 to 3 CVBGs on each side, on parallel courses, about 9-12 minutes flying time (the most players normally want to fly in MP DF)from each other.

- 2 to 3 CVBGs on each side, on parallel courses, 18-24 minutes flying time from each other, with a "generic" island chain in between. This way I could place a land battle on the island and have each group of CVBGs assist or defend.

Comments?

pacettid
11-25-2004, 04:28 AM
As the map designer for the "Fallen Angels Server" on Hyperlobby, I would love to eventually see online DF maps with moving Carrier Battle Groups (CVBG) incorporated into the sim.

I am sure this is very difficult to code, as it would already be there if it were easy, but I think it would add tremendously to the sim...stationary CVBGs just don't give you the excitement of a task force underway, and getting a fully loaded fighter bomber airborne, with no wind across the deck is difficult, to say the least.

If it was easier to code I would even settle for default, opposing CVBGs, steaming in one of two configurations:

- 2 to 3 CVBGs on each side, on parallel courses, about 9-12 minutes flying time (the most players normally want to fly in MP DF)from each other.

- 2 to 3 CVBGs on each side, on parallel courses, 18-24 minutes flying time from each other, with a "generic" island chain in between. This way I could place a land battle on the island and have each group of CVBGs assist or defend.

Comments?