PDA

View Full Version : what is Altair's drive?

mrsmooth_840
07-23-2006, 03:31 PM

mrsmooth_840
07-23-2006, 03:31 PM

OH_DragonBoy
07-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Hmm...I guess I'd get pretty pissed off if bandits decided to robe me, but not enough to become an assassin...
I'm gonna go with...
In fact, I'm not going to put a choice down, since, as the main character is from the future, I have doubts as to whether any of these points appeal to him.

silentassasin05
07-23-2006, 04:57 PM
My guess is that the person in the future is a relative, who discovers that they can trace the family back to the first millenium. They dicover they are related to Altair, but dont know what he does, and uncover the plot of who he killed and for what motive. I say he wanted the war to end, but hopefully its alot more deeper than that.

HorTyS
07-23-2006, 06:21 PM
or maybe the person in the future (if thats really what it is, nothing is confirmed) is trying to change the past to manipulate the future, change the past for his own benefit...

simulacra
07-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Orders from his commanding chief, like all other soldiers...

Dragonsaber
07-24-2006, 09:32 AM
^
I'm glad to see someone around here notices that. The guy dosent really need motivation, just like Garrett didn't need motivation to go thieving all the time. He just does it because he wants to. I never heard about Garrett's past, and this guy seems an awful lot like him. I'm assuming he just has a job, and he does what his boss tells him.

mrsmooth_840
07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif but garret had a motive, he stole things simply beacause he wanted to steal, he liked to steal things, that's a motive. if altair didn't have any motivation, he simply wouldn't bother, he wouldn't see the point in it, in fact, he'd probably just sit there having a beer, watching the third crusade happen. we all motives, say you got a job, why? beacause you need money, to buy clothes, pay the bills, buy a PS3(in my case)ect. why bother getting a PS3? beacause I want to play assassin's creed and all the other great games on the system, I could keep going. do you see now? everything has a motive behind it, no matter how small

simulacra
07-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok, he shows some interesting ablities, gets recruited by the hashasheen when very young because grown men tell him to, after that he does what his commander says.

A lifetime of servitude for an ideal supercedes all personal wishes by a mile, no matter what he feels about it...

That is also the most professional attitude towards your cause.

OH_DragonBoy
07-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Of course. There's motive and reason for absolutely everything. Except "god".

However, I doubt the reasons for becoming an assassin fall into just 5 categories (, although, technically, it's four, as two of them basically mean "Revenge").

xasspenx
07-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Altair's drive is jihad. plain and simple. just like white rice. i would have done the same thing as Altair because he wants the holy land to be free of fighting, and people whos intent is to disturb the balance of peace within the sacred land. Altair may be a man that wants peace or may want his people (Muslims) to have the holy land. We wont know the answer until the game comes out, or if the developers say something about his motive.

Onibesh
07-24-2006, 10:04 PM
It is known that he is Hashishin, so his motives are quite clear. Religion. If you are not familiar with what the Hashishin did and why, you can go here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashishin).

terminalShock09
07-24-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm sure the character Altair won't share the same motives as the Hashishin, at the very least not by the game's climax. Games/books/movies tend to follow that trend: the main character has his/her own motives or has a revelation. You can cross off the fourth one since Hasan was dead by 1191.

waynedavies89
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Altair was born into the order, mother die during birth i think. as a child his farther was executed by templars in front of him at the gates of Masyaf.

Altair was then raised by Al Mualim, his farther last request.

Wont say anymore, don't want to spoil Revelation

POP1Fan
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
none of those
he was born into the Creed,his father being an Assassin before him and so he trained him to become one too.i am not sure how his father died but Altair takes his robes from him.then Al Mualim becomes his mentor.

LightRey
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Onibesh:
It is known that he is Hashishin, so his motives are quite clear. Religion. If you are not familiar with what the Hashishin did and why, you can go here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashishin). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize that there's a significant difference between the real Hashashin and the Hashashin in the AC universe, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">he was born into the Creed,his father being an Assassin before him and so he trained him to become one too.i am not sure how his father died but Altair takes his robes from him.then Al Mualim becomes his mentor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Also, this is correct.

reini03
08-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Guys, that thread is from July 2006...

LightRey
08-24-2011, 11:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Guys, that thread is from July 2006... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
wow, I hadn't even noticed.

waynedavies89
08-24-2011, 11:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Onibesh:
It is known that he is Hashishin, so his motives are quite clear. Religion. If you are not familiar with what the Hashishin did and why, you can go here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashishin). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize that there's a significant difference between the real Hashashin and the Hashashin in the AC universe, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">he was born into the Creed,his father being an Assassin before him and so he trained him to become one too.i am not sure how his father died but Altair takes his robes from him.then Al Mualim becomes his mentor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Also, this is correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ye. Masyaf is real and was the base of the Hashashin, Alamut, Maroc Polo etc..

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Altiar was BORN into it. End explanation.

Cercatrova
08-24-2011, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Guys, that thread is from July 2006... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And it took over 5 years just to answer this question. It boggles the mind, really. But yes, Altair was born into it.