PDA

View Full Version : A New Type of PF Freeze Up

ElAurens
12-21-2004, 05:35 AM
On very intensive maps (usually) I now get a total freeze that I must exit to desk top to shut down the game(by using ctrl+alt+delete) to fix. I have tried to get a screenie of the dialog box that comes up, but because the thing is locked up I cannot.

From memory it says this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

The appplication has asked RUNTIME to shuut down the application in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is that about?

I have tried reinstalling my Nvidia drivers (as per CrazyIvan's suggestion) and it did not help.

I'm really getting impatient with this ****.

ElAurens
12-21-2004, 05:35 AM
On very intensive maps (usually) I now get a total freeze that I must exit to desk top to shut down the game(by using ctrl+alt+delete) to fix. I have tried to get a screenie of the dialog box that comes up, but because the thing is locked up I cannot.

From memory it says this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

The appplication has asked RUNTIME to shuut down the application in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is that about?

I have tried reinstalling my Nvidia drivers (as per CrazyIvan's suggestion) and it did not help.

I'm really getting impatient with this ****.

Cattail4
12-21-2004, 08:01 AM
I have been having the same problem. My game will all of a sudden slow down drastically and sky and water will turn black.........then the runtime error box pops up.....at least you're not alone(missery loves company). I'm thinking it has something to do with the vid card, but I could be wrong.

S! Cat

carguy_
12-21-2004, 01:58 PM
For me the problem is related only to version 3.02.

Seems it happens when framerate drops.I got 57@cickpit and when fps is about to drop to say 35 a huge lag comes in.IMO somethings is terribly wrong with the code.When the show starts I gets stutters every 15secs.

I can`t even open up on cannons without getting stutters now.