PDA

View Full Version : Patch / Add-on

DHC2Pilot
02-08-2005, 05:26 PM
The way I see it, one of two things is happening at the 1C camp.....

1.) Oleg and company are trying to incorporate many of the things listed in the "wish list" into the new addon.

OR

2.) The add-on has been scrubbed due to "legal" matters. It wouldn't surprise me if the lawyers have managed to put up so many roadblocks to new aircraft, etc. that 1C would have to so drastically alter the proposed add-on that it wouldn't be worth it. I mean Oleg said that the content wouldn't fit on 2 CD's, so they shipped it without the 3rd. He also stated (I think) that the content was just about finished....so what could be the hold up? It's been over 2 months.

I'm hoping that option # 1 is the right answer and the (deafening) silence as of late is purposely designed to build up anticipation for a real killer of an add-on that will put the icing on the cake so they can concentrate their efforts entirely on BOB. What are your thoughts??

DHC2Pilot
02-08-2005, 05:26 PM

1.) Oleg and company are trying to incorporate many of the things listed in the "wish list" into the new addon.

OR

2.) The add-on has been scrubbed due to "legal" matters. It wouldn't surprise me if the lawyers have managed to put up so many roadblocks to new aircraft, etc. that 1C would have to so drastically alter the proposed add-on that it wouldn't be worth it. I mean Oleg said that the content wouldn't fit on 2 CD's, so they shipped it without the 3rd. He also stated (I think) that the content was just about finished....so what could be the hold up? It's been over 2 months.

I'm hoping that option # 1 is the right answer and the (deafening) silence as of late is purposely designed to build up anticipation for a real killer of an add-on that will put the icing on the cake so they can concentrate their efforts entirely on BOB. What are your thoughts??

walsh2509
02-08-2005, 05:40 PM
? are not some of the US planes IN this sim from the same conpany as the one's that are still to be released.

heywooood
02-08-2005, 07:44 PM
right - money was paid because of the use of some planes already in the sim, both flyable and AI...planes already in as AI suffer no additional penalty to be made flyable...at least, as I understand it.

knarf1981
02-09-2005, 02:00 PM
I hope 1 is the case.

SeminoleX
02-09-2005, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DHC2Pilot:

OR

I'm hoping that option # 1 is the right answer and the (deafening) silence as of late is purposely designed to build up anticipation for a real killer of an add-on that will put the icing on the cake so they can concentrate their efforts entirely on BOB. What are your thoughts?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody outside the DT knows for sure so why speculate?

When it comes out we'll know. Some will love it and some will gripe that it was less than needed or expected. Some will be delighted that their pet problem was solved and others will complain that their favorite plane or something else got porked. Been that way since patch 1.02 came out back in December 2001.

Why not just play the game as it is now and wait and see what develops? No need to waste time worrying.

Jettexas
02-09-2005, 06:11 PM
No one has any inside information ,or if they do they ain't talkin' Theres some rumors about an Dev update soon that will enlighten everyone and lift the mood a bit round here but until then, you gotta go with the track record. Experience tells us that If Oleg&Co say its in the works, its in the works.
Though the timetable is a flexible creature for a variety of reasons. If you think about it too much it drives ya nuts.....at least I know it does me...lol

S!

96thRedfish/Jettexas