PDA

View Full Version : New to Flight simultors

Jman15288
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
How i just got IL2 1946 and im really confuse im new to all this flight simulator. im running on vista and have a saitek x52. i been playing FSX but when i play this game the control r so hard compare to FSX. So i was wondering if there a way to make it like the FSX controls. Also i dont really understand how u play the campaign as well os the other games and pack that is included. i know i can probably search for most answers and i have been but its kinda confusing to me. I think its cuz im new to all this flight simulator so i dont understand what exactly somethings means.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Sillius_Sodus
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

On the first page of this forum there is a thread called 'A Nugget's guide to getting of the ground', you will find many of the answers you seek there.

Jman15288
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
thx if i need more help ill come back

Pablo_uk
03-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Change all your input sliders on X & Y(joystick) axis to 100% and this should make a world of difference for you.

Bearcat99
03-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Hit the Nugget's Guide in my sig.. and consider Joint Ops, also in my sig... a virtual flight school... it is free and it is very well run.

blairgowrie
03-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Save yourself a lot of trouble and join a squad where people can explain everything to you. It will speed up your learning curve.Find an easy going group in the same time zone you live and fly in.

Choctaw111
03-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Hello and welcome.
The controls in Il2 are a little difficult at first. After some practice it will become second nature.

crucislancer
03-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Jman15288:
How i just got IL2 1946 and im really confuse im new to all this flight simulator. im running on vista and have a saitek x52. i been playing FSX but when i play this game the control r so hard compare to FSX. So i was wondering if there a way to make it like the FSX controls. Also i dont really understand how u play the campaign as well os the other games and pack that is included. i know i can probably search for most answers and i have been but its kinda confusing to me. I think its cuz im new to all this flight simulator so i dont understand what exactly somethings means.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

I posted a profile for the X52 on mission4today.com a while back, it has all the important controls mapped to the controller, as well as setting up the sensitivity to something that suits the X52. You will need the latest drivers and profile software from Saitek.

X-52 Profile for IL-2 1946 (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3492)

Feel free to e-mail me (address is in the readme file) or send me a PM through the forum if you have any questions.

danjama
03-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Are you flying online atall mate, or just offline?