PDA

View Full Version : **Spoilers** Do the Assassins know more than they let on?

Inorganic9_2
12-27-2010, 02:30 PM
So, at the beginning of Brotherhood, Lucy tells everyone that, as far as she knows, only she, Desmond, Shaun and Rebecca know about the Vault and Minerva. Obviously, Vidic had his suspicions about the Vault beneath the Vatican, hence why he flagged up Ezio in 16's DNA.

However, William M. states in an email to Lucy "We've long had our suspicions about Minerva and the Vault" or something along those lines...in direct contradiction to what Lucy had said.

Discuss.

rocketxsurgeon
12-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Nice idea. It does contradict Lucy, but until we learn about William M, we can't determine whether the motives are good of bad. Good question though, why would Lucy say that?

notafanboy
12-27-2010, 02:35 PM
ii have heard much about this "william M" who is he? never heard about him before .

Inorganic9_2
12-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Exactly. Told you she was hiding something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'd also like to know what exactly she is stressing about to William M. in the later emails. We can't find out by going through her emails, because he states it's a voicemail she left him.

Also, on the "knowing more than they let on" note, what about Shaun's riddle and the solution? Where did he get the riddle from, what's the solution and how does it lead to another PoE?

ChaosxNetwork
12-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
ii have heard much about this "william M" who is he? never heard about him before .
No one noes exactly, if you check your emails in 2012 you will see that Lucy and the others have received some from this William M.
I think that William Miles, Desmonds Farther.

Inorganic9_2
12-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Perhaps! Though Lucy seemed broken-hearted when she didn't know whether Desmond's parents had escaped the Templar purge or not... so why wouldn't she tell him? Damn, enigmatic Lucy Stillman...

evilmidget369
12-27-2010, 08:06 PM
If William M. is Desmond's father, Lucy might not know. As far as we know Desmond has never told her his parents names, and if he has Lucy could think it would be a distraction to Desmond if he knows his father is keeping an eye on him.

Master_Rahl
12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
But Desmond is the one reading the emails and seeing they're from William M. If his father's name was William and he knew it, wouldn't it make him wonder? I don't necessarily think William M isn't Desmond's father, but if he is, I don't think Desmond knows the name.

Inorganic9_2
12-28-2010, 08:31 AM
^ ....now why didn't I think of that?!

Though Desmond does have a habit or hiding blatantly out-of-place things....

bkb34
12-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I feel it's pretty obvious that they know more than what they've told Desmond, just from all the context clues we can gather through their email conversations etc...

What really seems strange to me is how Desmond is ignorant (or at least plays ignorant) to a few things; at the beginning when they're still in the van driving. They begin talking about the POE and Desmond acted as if he'd never heard of it before... then again, maybe he'd just never heard it called POE instead of Piece of Eden. Either way, when he reads the emails, I wish he would ask about them or at least think to himself (and we could hear his thoughts) what he thinks may be going on. It feels like the emails are meant more for us, the gamer, than Desmond...

fugazi787
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
perhaps Desmond is playing dumb because he has some trust issues with whats going on. Maybe he knows there is more to the story then meets the eye, so he is trying to play it cool to see how everyone or everything plays out.

Inorganic9_2
12-28-2010, 01:02 PM
True. If we can work out something weird is going on, Desmond must know. Surely the fact some random person called Erudito is emailing him with everyone's passwords should be a sign...

bkb34
12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
To the two post above: Exactly! How could he not notice what all is going on around him? It's obvious as a naked ****** sitting in the front row at church... I hope he is just playing dumb and waiting to see how everything pans out, that's how I would personally be, but that doesn't help answer any questions whatsoever... but I guess that's what ubi is really going for, to leave us completely mind f***ed... I still would like the ability to listen to Desmond's thoughts though, although that would ruin the whole mystery of the game, i reckon...

Inorganic9_2
12-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Any info on the riddle yet?

What was it again? I forgot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AMuppetMatt
12-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Why does the bald man paint rabbits on his head?
Because from a distance they look like hares.

It's a joke that Shaun says, and a pretty cr@ppy one at that...
Also, have you ever wondered that Desmond is playing ignorant because he has to? Think about it, if we're posting on a forum like this it shows that we're interested in AC and find it amazing. There are gonna be loads of casual gamers out there who don't give a rats arse about the storyline or the coverup or any of that, they just wanna go stabby stabby killy killy. If Desmond starts blabbing on about all these Email things that these gamers haven't been bothered to look for, then it's gonna put them off and make them confused (you find these types of gamers have a low IQ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

It's the same as in AC1, Vidic says to Desmond

Vidic: "I think you know quite enough" (or something along those lines)
Desmond: "I have no idea what you're talking about Doc."
Vidic: "Of course you don't..."

If you've read all the Emails in AC1 and done all the snooping around, then this dialogue is alot more menacing and secretive than if you hadn't done any of it and stayed in your room like a good boy... but it makes sense regardless of the situation.

So it may be he's playing ignorant because if he didn't the game would make no sense to most people... best to keep it in his head, and more importantly OUR heads

Sps_Drake
01-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I had a headache trying to read that. Please make proper use of periods and paragraphs.

Avl521
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
You already posted that on another thread you freaky hamster...
Learn to spell, write, and punctuate.

Most people won't bother to read a huge post with so many mistakes. I'm one of those.
So either make your text a small, capital lettered, sh**ty statement so we can all laugh at your lack of... lack of everything really, or make it long but well written.

And to the general topic and OP:
Yeah it is strange, it seems to me Desmond must know more than he supposedly does. Like... he's been in the animus so long, he's read e-mails, he's talked to rebecca, lucy and shaun so many times, it's obvious Desmond knows there's more to it than just what they tell him.

And as experienced non casual AC players, so do we http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Redfeather1975
01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
When Lucy is looking at the moon, in the later sequence, and Desmond comes to talk to her, she ends the conversation with saying something like she taught Desmond everything he knows.

And then when she walks away he gives a certain look at her back. As though what she just said, set off a warning signal in his mind.

To me that was the first real hint that Desmond showed he doesn't trust her after all this time.

StrangelovePhD
01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Also, on the "knowing more than they let on" note, what about Shaun's riddle and the solution? Where did he get the riddle from, what's the solution and how does it lead to another PoE?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but that was just a dumb joke by Shaun. He was kidding.

AC-FANBOY
01-11-2011, 09:34 PM
age 1 2

Rep
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Erudito

Information about this Erudito.

Also, I thought hes in Project Legacy? This Edurito dude.

TheSpectator
01-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">age 1 2

Rep
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Erudito

Information about this Erudito.

Also, I thought hes in Project Legacy? This Edurito dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He is. He sends you emails and other various things.

Avl521
01-11-2011, 09:40 PM
E-mails and he hacks into the DDR memories telling you stuff in the messages that show up when you press "execute".
He also seems to have introduced a memory that Abstergo didn't want you to see.

Inorganic9_2
01-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:
You already posted that on another thread you freaky hamster...
Learn to spell, write, and punctuate.

Most people won't bother to read a huge post with so many mistakes. I'm one of those.
So either make your text a small, capital lettered, sh**ty statement so we can all laugh at your lack of... lack of everything really, or make it long but well written.

And to the general topic and OP:
Yeah it is strange, it seems to me Desmond must know more than he supposedly does. Like... he's been in the animus so long, he's read e-mails, he's talked to rebecca, lucy and shaun so many times, it's obvious Desmond knows there's more to it than just what they tell him.

And as experienced non casual AC players, so do we http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The main example, I think, is when Juno talks to him...he's got a hologram of a dead member of an advanced civillisation talking to him...when Lucy asks "what's going on" he just says "nothing"...NOTHING?! That's not nothing! He's keeping it from her for some reason...

E-mails and he hacks into the DDR memories
Desmond's on a new dance animus now?

Avl521
01-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:

The main example, I think, is when Juno talks to him...he's got a hologram of a dead member of an advanced civillisation talking to him...when Lucy asks "what's going on" he just says "nothing"...NOTHING?! That's not nothing! He's keeping it from her for some reason...

E-mails and he hacks into the DDR memories
Desmond's on a new dance animus now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol I was talking about Erudito when I mentioned the E-mails and DDR.

And yeah that was the clearest example of Desmond knowing information but playing fool.
That or he thought they would think he was having Bleeding effect hallucinations.