PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Sound Files

Ubet_I
01-29-2005, 04:02 PM
I was Just playing IL2 Sturmovik and noticed the engine sounds are more "throatier". Especially for the IL2 series Aircraft. Can one use these files in FB/AEP/PF? Thanks.

Ubet_I
01-29-2005, 04:02 PM
I was Just playing IL2 Sturmovik and noticed the engine sounds are more "throatier". Especially for the IL2 series Aircraft. Can one use these files in FB/AEP/PF? Thanks.

-HH- Beebop
01-29-2005, 04:52 PM
A lot of folks have made complaints about the "lower quality" of sound in FB.
I don't think this is possible or it would have been done by now.
As far as I can remember the only sounds that can be changed/swapped/removed are the "Speech" files.

civildog
01-30-2005, 12:08 AM
I tried swapping the files and it just messed up the game. It bugs me that the outside sounds are so quiet (that happened because people whined that they couldn't sneak up on people in DF rooms because you would hear them behind you), and the engines all tend to sound too much alike.

Used to be I could hear the supercharger whistling in the early 109's as I throttled back to lose altitude. I miss that sound. The IL-2's sounded like tractor engines, the 109's really purred, and the radials sounded like radials.

And the sounds from engine damage sounded better: when an engine started eating itself it really sounded like it was going to throw a rod or something. You could tell the progressive damage better and know how hard you could still push it to get to your lines.