PDA

View Full Version : Help with ki-43 model 1

redtails1968
08-22-2009, 06:35 AM
I have just started flying this plane and enjoy it alot. However it strength can also be its weakness. the plane is manoeuvrable but difficult to maintain a steady speed. I have found it hard to maintain a straight flight and thus i am not able to gain on enemy aircraft. There is alot of upward lift. I have tried trimming down with elevator trim but performance is affected. Any suggestions to help me with this.

JtD
08-22-2009, 07:52 AM
The Ki-43 is awfully slow in the first place and it is very hard to catch something. I don't think you're doing a lot wrong with trimming down.

Wildnoob
08-22-2009, 09:17 AM
how is your variometer indication when you trim the aicraft, it's centered, witch is more hard to do in combat or close to it?

you need to maintein it that way, centered or close, so you gonna be able to gain more speed that is wat you want without gain or loose altitude who reduce your speed, just to pursuit the enemy, trim is your best friend to that not happen and you could fully used the aicraft power in a pursuit without get tired making press on the stick.

SYS64738
08-25-2009, 04:13 AM
Japanese planes are not easy mode. You need good height advantage if you want to attack Allied plane. Then you pursuit it and empty your machine guns on it and hope it catches fire (P-39).

DKoor
08-25-2009, 05:33 AM
And P-39 & P-40 are perhaps easiest to down.
Vs other allied airplanes you have very slim chances to emerge victorious.

You should either hit the wings or engine... all other is just waste of ammo. And of course concentrate fire on one spot if possible.