PDA

View Full Version : Key functionality

BushPilot96
01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Please help. Veteran stick and rudder guy is stuck learning this game with my 7 year old. Anywhere I can print a keypad functionality map?
Also, any hints on how to get the game to load more quickly?

FritzGryphon
01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Anywhere I can print a keypad functionality map?

There isn't a way to do that in-game (well, short of taking screenshots of the key list and printing them). There may be a command list in the PDF manual, though I've never checked.

Personally, I would suggest going to the control setup and assign the controls the way you would like, rather than using the default ones. You will also find a lot of important commands that -don't- have assignments by default (like chocks, or bombsight commands).

Assigning the controls to your liking will avoid headache in the future, and they'll be easier to remember without a keycard.

FritzGryphon
01-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Found it.

If the game you have is 1946, there is a PDF keycard called 'Controls.pdf' in the directory that you installed the game. You can print that off.

There is also 'Aircraft Guide.pdf', that will teach you about the cockpit and operating procedures for each plane.

But you should still take a look though the control setup and assign any important commands that don't have keys by default. Things like chocks, canopy open/close, manual gear raise/lower, wing fold, airbrake, etc. These controls may be relevant depending on what plane you use.