PDA

View Full Version : June 6th, 1944

RommelsMind
03-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Just curious, been playing SHIII for a few weeks now, are there any real time based events that occur ingame? For instance if you are passing through the English Channel on June 6th 1944, would you run into the invasion fleet? That would be incredibly, but probably a performance hog. Or does traffic increase around this time? Not sure if this would be applicable. Also, anyone have any information if any uboats were or ran into the invasion fleets during the actual invasion in real life?
Thanks.

RommelsMind
03-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Just curious, been playing SHIII for a few weeks now, are there any real time based events that occur ingame? For instance if you are passing through the English Channel on June 6th 1944, would you run into the invasion fleet? That would be incredibly, but probably a performance hog. Or does traffic increase around this time? Not sure if this would be applicable. Also, anyone have any information if any uboats were or ran into the invasion fleets during the actual invasion in real life?
Thanks.

axeman3d
03-26-2005, 05:36 AM
Dont know about in-game, but in real life there were U-boats ordered to the area afterwards with frankly suicidal orders to sink anything and everything they could get to, including landing craft if need be. A few subs tried to get there and most were driven back or sunk, as the only way to get anywhere near the fleet proper was to stay submereged all the time and snorkel as much as possible. If you surfaced, you were dead due to the massive air presence and overwhelming superiority of allied equipment and numbers. I think in total the u-boats managed to get a couple of destroyers and a few lesser small craft, but they were completely outgunned and outnumbered, and in the channel there's nowhere to evade to.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-26-2005, 05:58 AM
Could be made as a single mission. Boy would it lag like no one could believe! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

quillan
03-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Not sure. There's a lot of naval action along the coast of Norway in April 1940, but a couple of us tried sailing along the channel during the Dunkirk evacuation and didn't see a thing.

bidiot
03-26-2005, 09:39 AM
I would have loved to see things like that put in there i would re play dunkirk any day and take it to those limeys :P